Page 78 of 212 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 5300
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "....Closing down Texas again will always be the last option,” he said, later adding he believed the state didn’t need to make a choice between jobs and health..."

It'd be nice to know if he has a hard cut off number in mind. I guess it's pretty obvious he doesn't
    doesn't matter how bad it gets, nobody's closing .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't matter how bad it gets, nobody's closing .
    2 more weeks! RandomGuy says 4 more weeks!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why this virus can’t be considered by everyone what it really is, a generally non-lethal illness that while not a big deal for most, can and will kill many elderly, unhealthy, those with pre-existing conditions, and occasionally someone in perfect health. Should we be scared of it, yes. Should we take steps to mitigate our chances of catching/spreading it, yes. Is it the apocalypse, no, of course not.

Why does it have to be the worst thing ever or nothing at all to so many do you suppose? I blame social media.
    The problem/question is the hospitalization rate. If it fills out hospitals, the mortality rate will skyrocket.

There is some indication thought that it scars lungs even if you get through it ok.

Dunno. It will be bad. I worry for my son with asthma. :/

I think it will be worse than the Trump s say it will be. How bad that is... is still up in the air. We are in the test tube so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking C19 mortality rate isn't so bad

IGNORES

100Ks of "survivors" are ed up really bad, need kidney, lung transplants, supplemental oxygen FOR LIFE, serious CVD events like strokes and heart attacks, immobilized with horrendous fatigue.
    Link?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why this virus can’t be considered by everyone what it really is, a generally non-lethal illness that while not a big deal for most, can and will kill many elderly, unhealthy, those with pre-existing conditions, and occasionally someone in perfect health. Should we be scared of it, yes. Should we take steps to mitigate our chances of catching/spreading it, yes. Is it the apocalypse, no, of course not.

Why does it have to be the worst thing ever or nothing at all to so many do you suppose? I blame social media.
    There's always misinformation spread on the internet. I don't think it plays a major role. Imo the underlying reason is the arrogance of experts at CDC, NIH, etc believing and telling the public that this could be stopped followed by politicians taking action to "stop" the virus. Should have been straight with the public that this is a long slog from the get go and enacted sustainable strategies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What they don’t tell you about surviving COVID-19

'Recovered' doesn't mean healthy again

https://www.mysanantonio.com/science...nt=news&stn=nf

I've read several articles like this.

I'm extrapolating for each of 150K+ dead, there's probably 5+ survivors who are ed up.

I haven't seen any stats on " ed up survivors" only lots of terrible anecdotes.

How would one define the categories of ed up? and who has the time + money do that study nationwide, in the middle of the pandemic.

=======================

For survivors of severe COVID-19, beating the virus is just the beginning

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...just-beginning

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-22-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem/question is the hospitalization rate. If it fills out hospitals, the mortality rate will skyrocket.

There is some indication thought that it scars lungs even if you get through it ok.

I think it will be worse than the Trump s say it will be. How bad that is... is still up in the air. We are in the test tube so to speak.
    Beep beep beep. Backing up the truck and namecalling. Thats science. Lol your math

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Pandering to Trump and Wall street seems to be what is most important to him.

Today's presser was more smoke screen, sunshine pumping. The hospitals have plenty of beds, blah, blah, blah... Well, yeah no sh%t, just wait till the usual percentage of these thousands of new cases fall ill. Then we have a big problem.

"....Closing down Texas again will always be the last option,” he said, later adding he believed the state didn’t need to make a choice between jobs and health..."

It'd be nice to know if he has a hard cut off number in mind. I guess it's pretty obvious he doesn't

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And now we also have many folks who do not even have COVID, having chest pain or whatever...scared to go to the belly of the best(hospital) and so they don't get treatment and drop dead at home.

COVID is taking a big wet sh&t on the planet and yet we still have folks acting as though it's an overblown hoax. amazing.

Thinking C19 mortality rate isn't so bad

IGNORES

100Ks of "survivors" are ed up really bad, need kidney, lung transplants, supplemental oxygen FOR LIFE, serious CVD events like strokes and heart attacks, immobilized with horrendous fatigue.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    who is calling it that?
    Poor word choice on my part....my point being is that it’s not this ing gigantic, awful, “run for the hills” type of an event either.

Though I’m certain I have heard it mentioned, lol!

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count

Same here RG. I have a son and a wife with asthma.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    There's always misinformation spread on the internet. I don't think it plays a major role. Imo the underlying reason is the arrogance of experts at CDC, NIH, etc believing and telling the public that this could be stopped followed by politicians taking action to "stop" the virus. Should have been straight with the public that this is a long slog from the get go and enacted sustainable strategies.
    I don’t totally disagree but Way back in the old days, March, in their defense, I heard a lot about flattening the curve. It evolved into “stopping the virus” somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here RG. I have a son and a wife with asthma.
    Asthma isn't a risk factor

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Ummmm....yes it is. Unless I’ve missed something very big in the last few weeks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are sustainable strategies. Media hype using raw data out of context pushed by ChumpDumper

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    You made me do some googling now....interesting stuff, and I hope it’s right...thanks Darrin!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummmm....yes it is. Unless I’ve missed something very big in the last few weeks.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...ng-covid-.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You made me do some googling now....interesting stuff, and I hope it’s right...thanks Darrin!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Have you seen anything that says the lung damage is long term? Everything I've read says it heals in a manner of time: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...s-to-the-lungs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What they don’t tell you about surviving COVID-19

'Recovered' doesn't mean healthy again

https://www.mysanantonio.com/science...nt=news&stn=nf

I've read several articles like this.

I'm extrapolating for each of 150K+ dead, there's probably 5+ survivors who are ed up.

I haven't seen any stats on " ed up survivors" only lots of terrible anecdotes.

How would one define the categories of ed up? and who has the time + money do that study nationwide, in the middle of the pandemic.

=======================

For survivors of severe COVID-19, beating the virus is just the beginning

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...just-beginning

Any such instances will make for some pretty hefty overall costs to the economy. Injure a young person for life, and you have caused quite a bit of economic damage.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would you consider a sustainable strategy for infecting 70% of the nation quickly enough so the virus can burn out (since immunity looks to be short lived after infection, say ~1year) but not so quickly that you overwhelm the hospitals and lead to a lot of preventable deaths? Indoor dining rooms + bars + gyms look to be ing the infection rate enough to where San Antonio is very worried about overwhelming the hospitals. But you eliminate those and have people wear masks and I wonder if infection rate slows to a crawl like during April and May and then you never get herd immunity like how we ended the Spanish flu pandemic. Kind of seems like you're ed either way unless you go the slow route and know you'll have an effective and safe vaccine to artificially get to that 70% herd immunity rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you seen anything that says the lung damage is long term? Everything I've read says it heals in a manner of time: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...s-to-the-lungs
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ung-transplant

Quite a bit out there. Google the term "covid lungs" and they have no shortage of anecdotal bits on various organ damage. Some of it is doubtless fearmongering for clicks/ratings, IMO.

How rare it is, or what the damage actually is will take years to get solid science on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would you consider a sustainable strategy for infecting 70% of the nation quickly enough so the virus can burn out but not so quickly that you overwhelm the hospitals and lead to a lot of preventable deaths? Indoor dining rooms + bars + gyms look to be ing the infection rate enough to where San Antonio is very worried about overwhelming the hospitals. But you eliminate those and have people wear masks and I wonder if infection rate slows to a crawl like during April and May and then you never get herd immunity like how we ended the Spanish flu pandemic. Kind of seems like you're ed either way.
    muh sweden is held up as the model for re-opening by the virus twoofers.

But if you look at what the swedes are doing it is a version of sheltering that is much more restricted than what the virus twoofers are pushing, i.e. business as normal. They have social distancing, but event though stuff is open... people are staying at home.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont remember the timing of what you claim.
    I clearly remember the major goal being not to overwhelm hospitals because death rate would clearly go up, nothing about stopping it completely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ung-transplant

Quite a bit out there. Google the term "covid lungs" and they have no shortage of anecdotal bits on various organ damage. Some of it is doubtless fearmongering for clicks/ratings, IMO.

How rare it is, or what the damage actually is will take years to get solid science on.

Thread Information