Page 136 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp made a mistake. It happens.

On the other hand, hopefully this puts to rest the notion that the e in deaths are simply "mislabeled" deaths.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp made a mistake. It happens.

On the other hand, hopefully this puts to rest the notion that the e in deaths are simply "mislabeled" deaths.
    He quintupled down on his mistake and still hasn't admitted it's a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Sen. Cornyn as Texas reports 550 child cases: 'We still don’t know’ if kids can get, transmit COVID...."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...p-15399723.php

Mind numbing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A singular figure in Texas’ coronavirus response, Gov. Greg Abbott leads a state headed in an alarming direction

The coronavirus pandemic has proved a leadership test like no other for the second-term governor. He holds nearly all power over the state’s response as it careens toward crisis.

If the virus has presented a leadership test, Abbott’s metrics are getting worse.

COVID-19 has already killed at least 3,013 Texans and

is spreading rapidly,

infecting new people and filling hospitals with the sick.

Hospitals are beginning to get overwhelmed.

the state’s economy continues to struggle,

with an unemployment rate in double digits and

budgets facing major shortfalls.

Critics point to ever-changing, sometimes serially confusing top-down guidance.

Facing down a public health emergency,

the governor has more than once reversed himself,

making virus mitigation decisions that some say came too late and others say should not have been made at all.

polls showing Joe Biden in striking distance of President Donald Trump and

Democrats making a massive push farther down the ballot.

after he limited the power of the state’s mayors and county judges,

Abbott has almost complete authority to make critical decisions about the state’s response.

That means he owns the decisions that lead to lost jobs and lost lives.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...irus-response/

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Abbott threatening to close down the state. Honestly I'd rather not close it down and just let the bodies pile up unless there is actually a national lockdown that accomplishes something. The April lockdown was a ing waste because Trump didn't do anything to get aggressive contact tracing. Instead it was pretend the virus isn't really there. Same he's doing now. Because without a real national strategy for reopening safely that includes aggressive testing and contact tracing we're just going to keep doing this start shut start shut over and over until we're sick of it and then we'll just let the bodies pile up then instead. And it has to be national because there is nothing Texas can legally do to shut down its state border.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Abbott threatening to close down the state. Honestly I'd rather not close it down and just let the bodies pile up unless there is actually a national lockdown that accomplishes something. The April lockdown was a ing waste because Trump didn't do anything to get aggressive contact tracing. Instead it was pretend the virus isn't really there. Same he's doing now. Because without a real national strategy for reopening safely that includes aggressive testing and contact tracing we're just going to keep doing this start shut start shut over and over until we're sick of it and then we'll just let the bodies pile up then instead. And it has to be national because there is nothing Texas can legally do to shut down its state border.
    Now that it's partisan i doubt a lockdown is as effective as it was in April anyway. And even if we lockdown they should use the guidelines the cdc came up with for opening and that would probably take us as long as it takes to get the vaccine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is over a month old, but still interesting

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hope it works.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah my wife has been prescribing that to her at home covid pts as have her partners. Also oral dexamethosone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "AUSTIN, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The surge of COVID-19 cases in Texas continues as the state reported its highest daily count on Saturday with 10,351.

Saturday’s count brought the total cases of the novel coronavirus to just over a quarter-million, dating to the start of tracking in early March.

The true number of cases though is likely higher because many people have not been tested, and studies suggest people can be infected and not feel sick.

A record 10,083 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, while 99 new fatalities were reported Saturday. The total is second only to the record 105 reported Thursday and brought the state’s overall death toll to 3,112....."

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/11/...d-19-saturday/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    inhaled steroid Budesonide?

Midland Memorial Hospital says inhaled steroid is no 'silver bullet' for COVID-19

"There’s no scientific proof, no carefully evaluated peer review studies, that prove the efficacy of those treatments."

https://www.newswest9.com/article/ne...b-e8aaad6250b2

==================

Inhaled corticosteroids and COVID-19: a systematic review and clinical perspective

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7236828/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I heard of Texas toast, but it looks like Texas is toast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought I would have to fill out paperwork to make my will just to teach homie. s sad. I’m way too young for this . Like the opposite of Danny Glover

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought I would have to fill out paperwork to make my will just to teach homie. s sad. I’m way too young for this . Like the opposite of Danny Glover
    This year has fu*king sucked. Of course it’s been made worse by our country’s sorry response to COVID-19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year has fu*king sucked. Of course it’s been made worse by our country’s sorry response to COVID-19.
    ed up part is all my bosses in TEA already said it was too dangerous for them to go back to work and are gonna work online from home while I go to the classroom

man, my central office ing sucks here in Htown. The state literally was just about to fire all their asses before Covid came around. Like es weren’t doing their job to begin with, now they’re gonna perform at home? s so sad it’s hilarious in some ways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ed up part is all my bosses in TEA already said it was too dangerous for them to go back to work and are gonna work online from home while I go to the classroom

man, my central office ing sucks here in Htown. The state literally was just about to fire all their asses before Covid came around. Like es weren’t doing their job to begin with, now they’re gonna perform at home? s so sad it’s hilarious in some ways
    You should teach your class about them. And also have them fail their standardized testing to up the school's funding...... Then your boss' daughter, or even better his son.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston Testing all time high
    Non covid icu still outpacing covid icu
    Thousands of beds still available....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston Testing all time high
    Non covid icu still outpacing covid icu
    Thousands of beds still available....
    Does Houston have all the medical staffing it needs to fill those beds?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Houston have all the medical staffing it needs to fill those beds?
    Depends if the could afford to bring staff back from lockdown furloughs.

Hospitals have to play catch up because of no profit for months.

Locdowns ill advised

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends if the could afford to bring staff back from lockdown furloughs.

Hospitals have to play catch up because of no profit for months.

Locdowns ill advised
    Tholdren gossiping

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The COVID-19 positivity rate in Texas reached a record-high as top officials in Houston call for the city to lock back down as area hospitals strain to accommodate the onslaught of patients sick with the new coronavirus.

The positivity rate jumped to 16.33% Saturday, up from the previous high of 15.85%, recorded on April 12. An increase in the positivity rate indicates an increase in the spread of the virus, not an increase in testing for the virus.

The number eclipsed 10% on June 23 and has climbed steadily since that date....

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/te...kdown/2405236/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The COVID-19 positivity rate in Texas reached a record-high as top officials in Houston call for the city to lock back down as area hospitals strain to accommodate the onslaught of patients sick with the new coronavirus.

The positivity rate jumped to 16.33% Saturday, up from the previous high of 15.85%, recorded on April 12. An increase in the positivity rate indicates an increase in the spread of the virus, not an increase in testing for the virus.

The number eclipsed 10% on June 23 and has climbed steadily since that date....

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/te...kdown/2405236/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    p/e must be moving into medical oxygen and oxygen concentrators, because many 100Ks are going to need supplemental oxygen

How many survivors will be collecting govt disability payments?

Thread Information