Page 113 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 5300
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bunch of fat s in the ICU, from what I hear.
    Meh just hospitals running as hospitals normally do. Just k one bothered to report on hospitsl capacity until now. And they don't understand hospitals are for profit. Nor can they understand the concept of furloughs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "......Dr. Jeffrey DellaVolpe, a pulmonologist and the director of the ECMO program at San Antonio Methodist Hospital told CNN that this explosion of cases is not something he and other healthcare professionals were at all prepared for.

"Yesterday was probably the worst day I ever had," DellaVolpe said. "I got 10 calls. Young people who would otherwise be excellent candidates to be able to put on ECMO."

ECMO (Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), is a therapy that adds oxygen to one's blood and pumps it through their body.

"They're so sick that if they don't get put on, if they don't get the support, they are going to die," DellaVolpe explained.

The problem is, DellaVolpe explained that he only had three beds available in the unit of the hospital that provides ECMO......"

https://people.com/health/texas-doct...ents-get-beds/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "........Dr. Jennifer Gemmill, the hospital's medical director in the physician emergency department, said that the hospital is so full that "we are holding a lot of them in the emergency department."

"Some for hours, some for days," she told CNN......"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "....for ECMO, Methodist Hospital is using this method to keep patients off ventilators. "I think the ventilator really causes a lot of harm. It causes harm in general but certainly causes harm when we're talking about patients with COVID," DellaVolpe said.

"You're artificially pushing more air into your lungs and causing more damage that way," he added......

I think that's the first time I've seen a doctor say ventilators are really bad to use on covid patients

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^all deep state agents and crisis actors lying about the situation in order to hurt Trump.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "....for ECMO, Methodist Hospital is using this method to keep patients off ventilators. "I think the ventilator really causes a lot of harm. It causes harm in general but certainly causes harm when we're talking about patients with COVID," DellaVolpe said.

"You're artificially pushing more air into your lungs and causing more damage that way," he added......

I think that's the first time I've seen a doctor say ventilators are really bad to use on covid patients
    I think it's been a last resort for some time now. That's why demand for ventilators wasn't sustained.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rio Grande Valley hospitals reach capacity ahead of July 4th weekend, officials say
    "Residents are urged to shelter-in-place and only call 9-1-1 if absolutely necessary"

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...officials-say/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh just hospitals running as hospitals normally do. Just k one bothered to report on hospitsl capacity until now. And they don't understand hospitals are for profit. Nor can they understand the concept of furloughs
    gossip

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sweet ChumpDumper alt copying me and then telling me he's not copying me. And exclaiming not triggered.

Must be exhausting to flip flop and in continual crisis / cog dis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Landlords Are Filing Hundreds of Illegal Evictions

As courts reopen in Harris County, tenants may be removed from their homes as COVID-19 cases skyrocket, despite CARES Act protections that guarantee shelter.

In late April, the landlord at 2929 Dunvale Apartments—a garden-style apartment complex in Midwest Houston with one-bedroom apartments starting at $700 a month—filed to evict six tenants.

A month later, seven tenants at Concord at Little York, a three-story complex tucked behind
    I-45 in North Houston, were hit with eviction filings.

Between May 26 and June 17,
    the property manager at Inwood Grove, a tree-studded property in northwest Houston, filed to evict 17 households.

All of these cases appear to be in violation of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security

(CARES) Act, which prohibits landlords from filing for eviction at properties that benefit from federal subsidies until July 25.

of the 3,652 evictions filed in Harris County between March 27 and June 22, at least 368 of those—about 10 percent—appear to be filed in violation of the CARES Act.

the eviction moratorium covered 12.3 million of the 43.8 million rental units in the United States—

in May, the Texas Supreme Court acknowledged that a third of Texas renters could be covered.

tenants may be removed from their homes despite the legal protections that guarantee shelter as COVID-19 cases skyrocket.

On May 14, the Texas Supreme Court ended its statewide eviction moratorium by allowing courts to hear new cases starting May 19.

“All you need is one voucher tenant in a complex to make everyone [who lives there] eligible for CARES Act protection.”

Large corporate landlords have also moved to evict tenants in clear violation of CARES Act protections,

“These are not small mom-and-pop landlords, these are gigantic—in some cases multi-billion-dollar—companies that have decided for some reason that the federal law doesn’t apply to them,”

“The law is clear that it prohibits not just actual eviction,

removing someone from their home,

but also the threat of eviction,”

Even if a case is dismissed, eviction filings often remain on a tenant’s record, making it

significantly harder to find housing in the future.

“That is one of the big injuries that this can cause for people—if you’ve been sued for eviction,

even if the case was dismissed, that can often have really dramatic effects on your ability to rent somewhere else,”

“A lot of housing providers would just automatically deny anybody who’s been sued for eviction, no matter what the cir stances are,”

judges aren’t empowered to investigate whether or not a property is covered by the CARES Act.

“If someone completes an affidavit and no one challenges it, we sort of have to take it,”

https://www.texasobserver.org/evicti...eid=b9077e7e26

Will the Repugs do anything? Texas is worse off now than it was in March-April.

https://www.texasobserver.org/evicti...eid=b9077e7e26

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rio Grande Valley hospitals reach capacity ahead of July 4th weekend, officials say
    "Residents are urged to shelter-in-place and only call 9-1-1 if absolutely necessary"

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...officials-say/
    Lol only call 911 if necessary. You needed this news when you had your covid crisis. You know when you lied about having covid.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sweet ChumpDumper alt copying me and then telling me he's not copying me. And exclaiming not triggered.

Must be exhausting to flip flop and in continual crisis / cog dis
    You have had a hand shoved down your throat and your lungs ripped out, and you still cant shut up.
    You have been hopelessly wrong this entire time and still dont get it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have had a hand shoved down your throat and your lungs ripped out, and you still cant shut up.
    You have been hopelessly wrong this entire time and still dont get it.
    Nope. Ifr. I've been right the whole time, you dont even understand math or logic.

Ps lockdowbs dont work

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Texas is top 5 in the country

SMH

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas is top 5 in the country

SMH
    florida 2nd yet their data shows ifr less than flu. Get that positivity up. Texas lass than flu too. And ironically arizona too. Wowowoow

All these positivity rates making covid exponentially less dangerous. Great news!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    florida 2nd yet their data shows ifr less than flu. Get that positivity up. Texas lass than flu too. And ironically arizona too. Wowowoow

All these positivity rates making covid exponentially less dangerous. Great news!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest data show that the percentage of deaths in the country attributable to those factors had as of the last week in June reached its lowest point since the end of last year, becoming "equal to the [current] epidemic threshold of 5.9%," the CDC said.

The agency notes that the official tally of deaths "will likely change as more death certificates are processed, particularly for recent weeks." Yet the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, pneumonia and influenza have been declining for 10 straight weeks, the agency said on its website, suggesting COVID-19 may cease to qualify as an epidemic in the next few weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tholderp gossiping now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Texas reported 8,258 new coronavirus cases on Saturday, setting a record for the second time this week and bringing its total number of cases to 191,790.

The state also reported 33 additional deaths linked to COVID-19, bringing its death toll to 2,608.

Texas has also reported a rise in hospitalizations, with 7,890 people in hospitals for COVID-19-related ailments, an increase of 238 from Friday.

Hospitals in at least two Texas counties said they are at full capacity on Saturday as the state continues to see an alarming e in coronavirus cases...."

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...onavirus-cases

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tholderp gossiping now
    Nope just reposting from cdc

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hospitals not overwhelmed. Proven every 2 weeks this year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Mayors Hit Back At Trump’s Claim That 99% Of COVID-19 Cases Are ‘Harmless’

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner

When asked whether the President’s baseless claim that 99% of COVID-19 cases are “totally harmless” holds up in Houston, Turner told CBS News’ Margaret Brennan that “no, that’s not the case.”

Austin Mayor Steve Adler

Pressed on Trump’s false claim that 99% of coronavirus cases are “completely harmless” during an interview on CNN, Adler said that the President’s remark “makes me angry” and that it’s “dangerous not to be sending a clear message to Americans.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/houston-austin-texas-mayors-respond-trump-coronavirus-harmless-claim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Trump’s Failures Turned Dallas Into A Virus Hotspot

Trump not only failed to channel existing stimulus funds to hard-hit areas like Dallas but also refused to use his clout to push an acceptable local government aid package through Congress.

Trump's reckless conduct allowed Dallas—along with
    large swaths of the South and West—to become the COVID-19 hotspots they are right now.

Face masks and social distancing play critical roles in controlling the spread of COVID-19.

But many people across the country, including some in Texas, refused to follow those guidelines.

Now, they're paying the price with soaring infection rates.

"This is a part of the country where it's warm, it's hot, and it's uncomfortable to wear a mask," Luckhardt explained. "And people don't like mandates."

Trump could have made a difference.

Trump emboldened mask opponents by refusing to wear one himself.

He even ridiculed people for putting them on.

"I think that significantly helped politicize things to the point where you were macho if you didn't wear one,"

Trump's mass gatherings—like his campaign rallies in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Phoenix in June—signal that

it's all right for Americans to assemble for parties and other events even though the virus spreads swiftly through large groups.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/how-tru...-virus-hotspot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    County Republican Party votes to censure Texas governor Greg Abbott over failed response to coronavirus

The party executive committee in Ector County, home to Odessa, passed the censure resolution 10-1

accuses Abbott of violating five party principles

related to his exercise of executive power during the pandemic.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/county-republican-party-votes-to-censure-texas-governor-greg-abbott-over-failed-response-to-coronavirus/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Mayors Hit Back At Trump’s Claim That 99% Of COVID-19 Cases Are ‘Harmless’

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner

When asked whether the President’s baseless claim that 99% of COVID-19 cases are “totally harmless” holds up in Houston, Turner told CBS News’ Margaret Brennan that “no, that’s not the case.”

Austin Mayor Steve Adler

Pressed on Trump’s false claim that 99% of coronavirus cases are “completely harmless” during an interview on CNN, Adler said that the President’s remark “makes me angry” and that it’s “dangerous not to be sending a clear message to Americans.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/houston-austin-texas-mayors-respond-trump-coronavirus-harmless-claim
    yes as of right now 98 pct harmless

Thread Information