Page 127 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 5300
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    YET

It's like you don't understand time. NY got its peak earlier.

Do you think the rate will be lower, or higher, after we get our peak?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they do not understand this they only understand headlines.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are trying to say something with a tweet... my computer can't see it.

Sorry. Use your words. Otherwise whatever little stupid gotcha bull your tiny ego is trying for isn't going to work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canadian health experts done with lockdown
    The current approach to dealing with COVID-19 carries significant risks to overall population health and threatens to increase inequities across the country. Aiming to prevent or contain every case of COVID-19 is simply no longer sustainable at this stage in the pandemic. We need to accept that COVID-19 will be with us for some time and to find ways to deal with it.

The current and proposed measures for reopening will continue to disproportionately impact lower income groups, Black and other racialized groups, recent immigrants to Canada, Indigenous peoples and other populations. And it risks significantly harming our children, particularly the very young, by affecting their development, with life-long consequences in terms of education, skills development, income and overall health.

Canada must work to minimize the impact of COVID-19 by using measures that are practical, effective and compatible with our values and sense of social justice. We need to focus on preventing deaths and serious illness by protecting the vulnerable while enabling society to function and thrive.

Elimination of COVID-19 is not a practical objective for Canada until we have a vaccine. While there is hope for a vaccine to be developed soon, we must be realistic about the time it will actually take to develop and evaluate it and then deliver an immunization campaign covering the entire population. We cannot sustain universal control measures indefinitely.

We need to accept that there will be cases and outbreaks of COVID-19. We need localized control measures that are risk-based. We should consistently reassess quarantine and isolation periods, recommendations for physical distancing and non-medical masks, and travel restrictions based on current best evidence and levels of risk.

At the same time we must improve infection prevention and control in long-term care and congregate living settings. We should provide support for people living in the community who need to or choose to isolate when the disease is active, as well as those who have been adversely affected by COVID-19, or the consequences of the public health measures.

Canadians have developed a fear of COVID-19. Going forward, they have to be supported in understanding their true level of risk, and learning how to deal with this disease, while getting on with their lives – back to work, back to school, and back to healthy lives and vibrant, active communities across this country.

We acknowledge the heroic work that has been done in recent months by many across all levels of government and the public and private sector, and the sacrifices that Canadians have made to get to this stage. As we look forward, Canada must balance its response to COVID-19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahahaha copy and paste copy and paste F5F5F5F5F5

Bwahahaha can't think for himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [some tweet I can't see, and quite frankly don't really care enough to bother finding]
    Most models show Texas doubling the total fatalities before the end of the month. The most pessimistic have it quadrupling. Personally I think that is a bit too pessimistic. Given the lag between fatalities and case counts, I would say we pass 10,000 next month. Early to mid month.

Splits is better at forecasting though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahahaha copy and paste copy and paste F5F5F5F5F5

Bwahahaha can't think for himself
    I'm just posting facts.

Fact Canada doctors agree with trump. That makes you want to cry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahahaha peaked in highschool with layups, 45% set 2s, and granny freethrows

Bwahaha Scrubdren

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most models show Texas doubling the total fatalities before the end of the month. The most pessimistic have it quadrupling. Personally I think that is a bit too pessimistic. Given the lag between fatalities and case counts, I would say we pass 10,000 next month. Early to mid month.

bwahahahhahahahhahajahahajhaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahaha Scrubdren was bad at basketball

Bwahaha only thing worse is his math

Bwahaha 45% on set 2s skilllllllllllzzzz

Bwahaha Grandpa

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    YET

It's like you don't understand time. NY got its peak earlier.

Do you think the rate will be lower, or higher, after we get our peak?
    peak NY: 51 deaths/day/mm
    7 day MA
    TX: 1.43
    FL: 2.25
    CA: 1.69

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcaG718U...jpg&name=small

consider what that means. at current rates, it would take texas 36 days of deaths to equal the one peak day in NY.

texas is 2.8% of that level.
    florida is 4.4% of that level
    california is 3.3% of that level.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcaIRcgU...jpg&name=small

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

If you quoted me you saw the link for the tweet which you could have easily copy/pasted to view.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won't. And that you think the govt. will give a .
    I was pointing out that blaming the victims because Congress is abdicating it's responsibilities is an inherently flawed argument.

It's not the people's fault that they want to avoid illness and death, it's a pretty natural reaction. Especially during an health emergency like this one.

Government can't claim it's not aware or that it doesn't have the tools to help in this situation when they do it for companies but not for people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with better therapeutics out I would use a mask on most situations since:
    - the hassle of getting sick, go to dr or having your family do that
    - costs of the therapeutics
    - we still dont know of possible long term damage

Because of that my positions stays
    Called it

From the guardian

One coronavirus patient described in the paper, a 55-year-old woman with no history of psychiatric illness, began to behave oddly the day after she was discharged from hospital.

She repeatedly put her coat on and took it off again and began to hallucinate, reporting that she saw monkeys and lions in her house. She was readmitted to hospital and gradually improved on antipsychotic medication.

Another woman, aged 47, was admitted to hospital with a headache and numbness in her right hand a week after a cough and fever came on. She later became drowsy and unresponsive and required an emergency operation to remove part of her skull to relieve pressure on her swollen brain.

“We want clinicians around the world to be alert to these complications of coronavirus,” Zandi said. He urged physicians, GPs and healthcare workers with patients with cognitive symptoms, memory problems, fatigue, numbness, or weakness, to discuss the case with neurologists

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

From the guardian

One coronavirus patient described in the paper, a 55-year-old woman with no history of psychiatric illness, began to behave oddly the day after she was discharged from hospital.

She repeatedly put her coat on and took it off again and began to hallucinate, reporting that she saw monkeys and lions in her house. She was readmitted to hospital and gradually improved on antipsychotic medication.

Another woman, aged 47, was admitted to hospital with a headache and numbness in her right hand a week after a cough and fever came on. She later became drowsy and unresponsive and required an emergency operation to remove part of her skull to relieve pressure on her swollen brain.

“We want clinicians around the world to be alert to these complications of coronavirus,” Zandi said. He urged physicians, GPs and healthcare workers with patients with cognitive symptoms, memory problems, fatigue, numbness, or weakness, to discuss the case with neurologists
    I still get occasional bouts of extremely mild peripheral neuropathy so I do think the neurological effects linger for quite a while. Haven't seen any monkeys yet but I'll keep a eye out. I did see a mountain lion but my neighbors have seen him too so pretty sure he's real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just posting facts.

Fact Canada doctors agree with trump. That makes you want to cry.
    Gossip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you quoted me you saw the link for the tweet which you could have easily copy/pasted to view.
    I think I have some broswer extension that keeps twitter from displaying. Not sure what. Don't use the platform, and don't care to.

As I said before, I don't care enough to do anything that requires effort. My turn to be lazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still get occasional bouts of extremely mild peripheral neuropathy so I do think the neurological effects linger for quite a while. Haven't seen any monkeys yet but I'll keep a eye out. I did see a mountain lion but my neighbors have seen him too so pretty sure he's real.
    Jibes with what the CNN financial reporter said. "clumsy" was what he called it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    peak NY: 51 deaths/day/mm
    7 day MA
    TX: 1.43
    FL: 2.25
    CA: 1.69

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcaG718U...jpg&name=small

consider what that means. at current rates, it would take texas 36 days of deaths to equal the one peak day in NY.

texas is 2.8% of that level.
    florida is 4.4% of that level
    california is 3.3% of that level.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcaIRcgU...jpg&name=small
    Deaths are driven by sheer number of infected, and lag behind infections by some period, two weeks to a month.

Texas case rates have doubled, so expect that rate to double as well.

Four doublings... you have matched (roughly) NY's rate.

Since June 14 we have doubled our daily new confirmed case rate twice, and lo and behold the daily fatality rate has started moving up.

Again, I don't see why this is hard for you.

(edit) Our one saving grace is that we have learned a lot about treating it. I doubt we will see the fatality rate as high as it was for NY for that reason.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Deaths are driven by sheer number of infected, and lag behind infections by some period, two weeks to a month.

Texas case rates have doubled, so expect that rate to double as well.

Four doublings... you have matched NY's rate.

Since June 14 we have doubled our daily new confirmed case rate twice, and lo and behold the daily fatality rate has started moving up.

Again, I don't see why this is hard for you.
    Texas won't be the next New York. No other state will be the next New York. Again, I don't see why this is hard for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo Splits, see if you can project Texas. You nailed NY and NJ.
    Ramp to 225 deaths/day by end July, continuing to escalate to a peak of around 450/day by latter part of August, plateauing there for who knows how long, at least several weeks. ~10k Texans dead by end-August.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas won't be the next New York. No other state will be the next New York. Again, I don't see why this is hard for you.
    Assuming our health care system doesn't get overwhelmed. I am reasonably confidant we are on that trajectory. Our state government is ing up just like New Yorks did by not taking it fully seriously enough fast enough. Being able to treat effectively is contingent on enough health care resources to do so, which I think will not be the case next week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ramp to 225 deaths/day by end July, continuing to escalate to a peak of around 450/day by latter part of August, plateauing there for who knows how long, at least several weeks. ~10k Texans dead by end-August.
    So your projections are that Texas will get overwhelmed.

Texas has 1.5 times the population of New York, so 225/day assumes that the rate will be about three times worse than that of NY per capita.

Thread Information