Page 119 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Texas reported more than 10,000 new Covid-19 cases Tuesday, a record-breaking daily surge as the state responds to a growing outbreak and rising hospitalizations.

The Texas Health and Human Services Commission reported 10,028 new cases, which surpasses the state's previous record of nearly 8,260 cases set on July 4. It's the first time since the beginning of the outbreak that the state has reported more than 10,000 additional new cases in a single day...."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/07/texa...irst-time.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Texas reported more than 10,000 new Covid-19 cases Tuesday, a record-breaking daily surge as the state responds to a growing outbreak and rising hospitalizations.

The Texas Health and Human Services Commission reported 10,028 new cases, which surpasses the state's previous record of nearly 8,260 cases set on July 4. It's the first time since the beginning of the outbreak that the state has reported more than 10,000 additional new cases in a single day...."

If anything these unnecessary es destroyed the 2020-21 school year

That's best case.

Worse case these unecessary es will overwhelm hospitals and result in thousands of unnecessary deaths

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything these unnecessary es destroyed the 2020-21 school year
    Oh, we'll go back to school as normally as possible until the body count proves us wrong.

Abbott's afraid to call off his own party's convention; there's no way he'll call off school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, he just announced school districts had to provide remote learning and onsite classes, whichever the student and parents chose. Masks required at school LOL. Like kids will comply with that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Education Agency to require on-campus learning, face masks this fall

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...J0uUSu-rq5h3rw

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the will you fit even half a class in a classroom with desks 6 feet apart, with how crowded they already are? My daughter is 15 and says the hallways in middle and high school are so congested you have to squeeze by people just to get down a hallway. How are they supposed to social distance in the hallway even with half the student body on campus?

I would like for my daughter to be in school, especially for her AP classes, especially Japanese as she can't get experience speaking with someone else very good over Zoom, but it just seems like it will not happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, he just announced school districts had to provide remote learning and onsite classes, whichever the student and parents chose. Masks required at school LOL. Like kids will comply with that.
    Seriously, what will the school do if a student purposely takes their mask off? Purposely coughs on another student? That type of stuff?

Send them home?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, what will the school do if a student purposely takes their mask off? Purposely coughs on another student? That type of stuff?

Send them home?
    Have the police charge the (white) perp with attempted murder, amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't. They have figured out it won't harm them. It will though, have a much greater chance of killing the boomers, who collectively haven't given a about climate change and will harm them for the rest of their lives.

A mite of justice in that regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Eyup. Case counts will keep going up for another week or two, if not more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyup. Case counts will keep going up for another week or two, if not more.
    Lololololol RandomGuy 2 weeks lolololol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lololololol RandomGuy 2 weeks lolololol
    Now 3 weeks.. lololool

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the will you fit even half a class in a classroom with desks 6 feet apart, with how crowded they already are? My daughter is 15 and says the hallways in middle and high school are so congested you have to squeeze by people just to get down a hallway. How are they supposed to social distance in the hallway even with half the student body on campus?

I would like for my daughter to be in school, especially for her AP classes, especially Japanese as she can't get experience speaking with someone else very good over Zoom, but it just seems like it will not happen.
    they are going to have to alternate days

at least break up kids into 1/3 groups
    2/3 time at home
    Something like this

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn they teach Japanese in high school now? I'm jealous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Kids Really Spared From the Coronavirus?

Some children are having a delayed immune reaction after getting infected.

The extent of the condition is just coming into view.

doctors in the U.K. report

rapidly progressing inflammation in the lungs and abdomen of kids with MIS-C.

Other children had blood clots and heart failure. The
    American College of Rheumatology recently noted that

some children with MIS-C are in shock and have neurologic symptoms.

They are also likely to develop an irregular heartbeat or to have their ventricles misfire, dangerously dropping their blood pressure.

In some cases, kids have life-threatening aneurysms that threaten to burst the coronary arteries, the delicate vessels that supply blood to the heart.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ndrome/613714/

Trash, Repugs absolutely don't give a about the kids

Trash wants to say in Sep-Oct that he alone opened the schools

(but he will blame others for 1000s of sick kids, teachers, staff, parents)

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-08-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Kids Really Spared From the Coronavirus?

Some children are having a delayed immune reaction after getting infected.

The extent of the condition is just coming into view.

doctors in the U.K. report

rapidly progressing inflammation in the lungs and abdomen of kids with MIS-C.

Other children had blood clots and heart failure. The
    American College of Rheumatology recently noted that

some children with MIS-C are in shock and have neurologic symptoms.

They are also likely to develop an irregular heartbeat or to have their ventricles misfire, dangerously dropping their blood pressure.

In some cases, kids have life-threatening aneurysms that threaten to burst the coronary arteries, the delicate vessels that supply blood to the heart.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ndrome/613714/

Trash, Repugs absolutely don't give a about the kids

Trash wants to say in Sep-Oct that he alone opened the schools

(but he will blame others for 1000s of sick kids, teachers, staff, parents)

nwahahahhahahahahahah this is completely false

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they are going to have to alternate days

at least break up kids into 1/3 groups
    2/3 time at home
    Something like this
    lolololol parents not going to work. America failing due to pgardn and friends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas isn't looking too hot. 27 percent positive rate and hospitalizations are accelerating.

tholdren, please stay at home as much as possible and wear a mask if you go out. Write your local and state leaders requesting that all non-essential business be shut down. Be a good citizen for Texas in its time of need.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas isn't looking too hot. 27 percent positive rate and hospitalizations are accelerating.

tholdren, please stay at home as much as possible and wear a mask if you go out. Write your local and state leaders requesting that all non-essential business be shut down. Be a good citizen for Texas in its time of need.
    you dont even understand what counts as a case count or a hospitalization. Lolol

Sweet chart bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every person that gets infected, quarantines, and recovers, is one less person spreading it. Can't get herd immunity without people getting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you dont even understand what counts as a case count or a hospitalization. Lolol

Sweet chart bro
    Guy is hospitalized for cutting his hand off with a circular saw, but tests positive for Covid and is thus counted as a Covid hospitalization. This is what you believe, isn't it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy is hospitalized for cutting his hand off with a circular saw, but tests positive for Covid and is thus counted as a Covid hospitalization. This is what you believe, isn't it?
    Go ahead and list the definitions for cases and hospitalizations.

You saying your example isn't a new case or a hospitalization?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every person that gets infected, quarantines, and recovers, is one less person spreading it. Can't get herd immunity without people getting it.
    Why do you think the herd immunity strategy is wise? Why not, I don't know, reduce the odds of getting and spreading the virus through different measures until more proven treatments and a vaccine arrive? I expect the former to be here by the Fall, maybe earlier.

We also have ZERO clue how this virus affects people long term. It's more than just a respiratory virus. It also causes clotting and neurological damage.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think the herd immunity strategy is wise? Why not, I don't know, reduce the odds of getting and spreading the virus through different measures until more proven treatments and a vaccine arrive? I expect the former to be here by the Fall, maybe earlier.

We also have ZERO clue how this virus affects people long term. It's more than just a respiratory virus. It also causes clotting and neurological damage.
    Lollololololl wrong.

Thread Information