Page 48 of 212 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas’ sales tax haul drops by biggest percentage in a decade, signaling budget crisis

The coronavirus outbreak is creating a budget crisis for Texas of historic proportions,

as sales tax collections for the lock-down month of April

slumped by the biggest percentage – 13.2 –

seen in a decade and smaller sources of revenue such

as hotel occupancy and booze taxes racked up their steepest declines on record.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...itics_06022020

Should be the same with FL and any big state that is financed with regressive sales taxes rather then income taxes.

uhhh....States with income tax will take the same hit. Incomes are down with unemployment and business closures.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fat lady ain't sung, yet

hole TX continues to be a red spreader, along with a lot of other hole Repug states

https://rt.live/
    has everything to do with data manipulation and yes ChumpDumper, timing.... but you already knew that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The total announced Friday in Dallas County was the highest single-day amount of cases since the start of the pandemic. The previous high came just one day earlier, on Thursday....

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-sees...ry?id=71089826

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The total announced Friday in Dallas County was the highest single-day amount of cases since the start of the pandemic. The previous high came just one day earlier, on Thursday....

Now look at their testing increases those days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hope they are collecting data on whether these people attended protests. We need to learn whether those conditions contribute to spread.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they are collecting data on whether these people attended protests. We need to learn whether those conditions contribute to spread.
    Yeah.
    It could also coincide with the State "opening up", so it should be easy to tease what you wish to out of the numbers as we cant control these counts properly. As far as the contact tracing, you got a lot of overlap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah.
    It could also coincide with the State "opening up", so it should be easy to tease what you wish to out of the numbers as we cant control these counts properly. As far as the contact tracing, you got a lot of overlap.
    Then watch data from New York.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then watch data from New York.
    NY is not Texas.

Again controls.

we can do the comparison but we have to mention what might have skewed the data
    Last edited by pgardn; 06-06-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's some Hill Country people scrupulously respecting social distancing on the Frio River

https://www.hctc.net/resources/community/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's some Hill Country people scrupulously respecting social distancing on the Frio River

https://www.hctc.net/resources/community/
    Speaking of the Hill Country, Medina's cases more than doubled in the past 24 hours. Another backlog?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, too soon for protesters to contribute to spread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, too soon for protesters to contribute to spread
    You need to do more research. We on day 12 of protests.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas sees a record e in coronavirus cases amid protests

• The number of positive cases of the coronavirus has been increasing in Texas, particularly in Harris County and Dallas County.
    • Dallas County hit a single-day high on Thursday with 285 new cases while Harris County recorded 222.
    • Concerns over a e in new coronavirus cases have also risen amid widespread protests over police brutality across the US.
    • Texas is currently entering its third phase of reopening.

https://www.insider.com/texas-houston-dallas-cororavirus-cases-increase- e-2020-6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas sees a record e in coronavirus cases amid protests

• The number of positive cases of the coronavirus has been increasing in Texas, particularly in Harris County and Dallas County.
    • Dallas County hit a single-day high on Thursday with 285 new cases while Harris County recorded 222.
    • Concerns over a e in new coronavirus cases have also risen amid widespread protests over police brutality across the US.
    • Texas is currently entering its third phase of reopening.

https://www.insider.com/texas-houston-dallas-cororavirus-cases-increase- e-2020-6

Would be difficult to separate new cases based on reopening vs protests in Texas. Better to look at a state like CA, which has been locked down pretty hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to do more research. We on day 12 of protests.
    What did your research tell you, asshat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be difficult to separate new cases based on reopening vs protests in Texas. Better to look at a state like CA, which has been locked down pretty hard.
    Dr Darrin

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pundit Cuck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did your research tell you, asshat?

You are not a serious person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are not a serious person.
    This was in the link I posted above:
    " Dr. David Persse, medical director for the Houston Fire Department..... cautioned that the recent protests were unlikely to be the cause if there's a prolonged e in cases.

"If it stays at this, this sort of same rate of increase, then I definitely won't say you can blame the protests," Persse said. "If anything, it's going to be the reopening of society and people becoming fatigued, if you will, with the precautions we've asked them to take."

It gets old spoon feeding lazy ass talking piece of s like you. It's easier to just make fun of you and move on.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was in the link I posted above:
    " Dr. David Persse, medical director for the Houston Fire Department..... cautioned that the recent protests were unlikely to be the cause if there's a prolonged e in cases.

"If it stays at this, this sort of same rate of increase, then I definitely won't say you can blame the protests," Persse said. "If anything, it's going to be the reopening of society and people becoming fatigued, if you will, with the precautions we've asked them to take."

It gets old spoon feeding lazy ass talking piece of s like you. It's easier to just make fun of you and move on.
    Then why the we quarantining and social distancing in the first place, you stupid ing cuck?
    2+2=3 and 4
    TheGreatYacht

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why the we quarantining and social distancing in the first place, you stupid ing cuck?
    2+2=3 and 4
    TheGreatYacht
    There was always going to be a rise in infections once restrictions were lifted. The issue is how many infections the governments are willing to live with in what period of time. Since no governments are actually saying what those are we can only guess that they're fine with anything up to and maybe including full hospital capacity, maybe more. Who knows? We probably won't get to that point in many places, so everyone can keep quiet about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was always going to be a rise in infections once restrictions were lifted. The issue is how many infections the governments are willing to live with in what period of time. Since no governments are actually saying what those are we can only guess that they're fine with anything up to and maybe including full hospital capacity, maybe more. Who knows? We probably won't get to that point in many places, so everyone can keep quiet about it.
    How many extra COVID cases/deaths are these rioters adding?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yah, I mean what happens if we do get to full hospital capacity in the big cities? Seems to me we're just gonna keep going full steam ahead, masks recommended but not mandatory.

"This is a trend we’re definitely keeping an eye on,” said Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo. “If the numbers keep up in this direction, we could be headed to a place where we run out of hospital space, which obviously would be a problem.”

COVID-19 patients have occupied hospital intensive-care units in the nine-county Houston area at higher levels the first three days in June than they did on any single day in May, according to date compiled by the Southeast Texas Regional Advisory Council, a state group that coordinates the region’s emergency response to disasters. In Harris County, hospital admissions have increased at statistically significant levels the past two weeks......"

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...n-15321171.php

Thread Information