Page 128 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 5300
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deaths are driven by sheer number of infected, and lag behind infections by some period, two weeks to a month.

Texas case rates have doubled, so expect that rate to double as well.

Four doublings... you have matched (roughly) NY's rate.

Since June 14 we have doubled our daily new confirmed case rate twice, and lo and behold the daily fatality rate has started moving up.

Again, I don't see why this is hard for you.

(edit) Our one saving grace is that we have learned a lot about treating it. I doubt we will see the fatality rate as high as it was for NY for that reason.
    Cases dont mean new infections. Nor do hospitalizations equate to death nor does it even mean a true stay in a hospital nor does it mean someone came in severely enough to be treated in icu for covid.

You dont understand how the data is calculated thats why every time a state has an increase in cases you tell everyone to bring in the ships.

You've said 2 weeks for months. You are terrible at math science and logic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cases dont mean new infections. Nor do hospitalizations equate to death nor does it even mean a true stay in a hospital nor does it mean someone came in severely enough to be treated in icu for covid.
    Nobody impled those things. You're terrible at reading and at getting away with lying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your projections are that Texas will get overwhelmed.

Texas has 1.5 times the population of New York, so 225/day assumes that the rate will be about three times worse than that of NY per capita.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion based on my numbers. NY peaked at 1k deaths per day. I think the TX case fatality rate will be 1/3-1/2 of NY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how you came to that conclusion based on my numbers. NY peaked at 1k deaths per day. I think the TX case fatality rate will be 1/3-1/2 of NY.
    My mistake:

The deaths per million rate from TSA's post was confused with the raw number. Have a lot going on at my end. Not good trying to mul ask.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (from tweet)

consider what that means. at current rates, it would take texas 36 days of deaths to equal the one peak day in NY.
    Wow using no growth to project something that is likely to grow exponentially? I don't think we'll get as bad as NYC since we don't jam ourselves into public transportation so heavily but I wouldn't completely throw out the idea since Abbott still hasn't shut down indoor dining rooms, indoor church service, and indoor gyms which are all prime locations for transmission, and I'm not sure he ever will no matter how bad things get here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All bets are off if the country as a whole eventually hits 100k infections a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All bets are off if the country as a whole eventually hits 100k infections a day.
    You think all bets are not off at 60k a day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think all bets are not off at 60k a day?
    Not as much as the seemingly inevitable 100k a day, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its gotten bad here in the Rio Grande Valley. Tripled our cases overnight. All of our vents are in use. Our hospitals full. Our mobile units full. People are now starting to die. Anyone downplaying the impact of a COVID hot zone is uninformed or deliberately lying.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its gotten bad here in the Rio Grande Valley. Tripled our cases overnight. All of our vents are in use. Our hospitals full. Our mobile units full. People are now starting to die. Anyone downplaying the impact of a COVID hot zone is uninformed or deliberately lying.
    I lived in Brownsville for a hot minute. People don't realize there's over a million people because they're spread out over three counties. Hope it gets better soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas had time to realize nursing homes had to be strenuously tested/protected. De Blasio did the opposite and seeded nursing homes with covid+ spreaders. We wont reach New York death rates but the dead will be younger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas had time to realize nursing homes had to be strenuously tested/protected. De Blasio did the opposite and seeded nursing homes with covid+ spreaders. We wont reach New York death rates but the dead will be younger.
    Eh, if the hospitals ever got to the same point as NY/NJ we could just as easily dump off the elderly or let them die per Arizona triage rules. I'm hoping we don't reach death panel levels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't compare what happened in NY to what is happening today in Florida.....testing was woeful by the Federal government during NY's worst outbreak. In Florida, DeSantis has just let the Rona spread with inadequate contact tracing and lifting banns on restrictions to quickly.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You can't compare what happened in NY to what is happening today in Florida.....testing was woeful by the Federal government during NY's worst outbreak. In Florida, DeSantis has just let the Rona spread with inadequate contact tracing and lifting banns on restrictions to quickly.
    And yet Florida has a higher population of elderly at risk people and their death rate is far below NY. You’re right, you can’t compare them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy Hidalgo County's numbers today. Amazing what you find when you actually test.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're definitely getting it again arent you...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahaha 45% set shot 2s

Bwahaha only thing worse than your skills is your math

Bwahahaha grandpa tholdren on the internet telling stories in his bunker

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahaha 45% set shot 2s

Bwahaha only thing worse than your skills is your math

Bwahahaha grandpa tholdren on the internet telling stories in his bunker
    so you have it now, or are you waiting 2 weeks to have it again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahaha F5F5F5F5F5

Bwahaha sounds of the keyboard clacking in the bunker

Bwahaha doesn't understand math

Bwahaha could barely shoot set shot 2s. 45% much skillllzz grandpadren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mistake:

The deaths per million rate from TSA's post was confused with the raw number. Have a lot going on at my end. Not good trying to mul ask.
    Stick to single-digit ciphering, Jethro

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pointing out that blaming the victims because Congress is abdicating it's responsibilities is an inherently flawed argument.

It's not the people's fault that they want to avoid illness and death, it's a pretty natural reaction. Especially during an health emergency like this one.

Government can't claim it's not aware or that it doesn't have the tools to help in this situation when they do it for companies but not for people.
    The government sells utter calamity. It's what they do. If you think it's cos they're concerned, you simply don't understand the forces at play.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The government sells utter calamity. It's what they do. If you think it's cos they're concerned, you simply don't understand the forces at play.
    They are US .
    Change it.
    You are doing a perfectly awful job on this board 9-11 truther.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand I can pretty much dismiss any claims of mysterious "forces at play" right off the bat, since you're not very good at explaining your own conspiracy theories, tbh. Plus it's a distraction.

It's not the government in and of itself that's bad, it actually should have a major role to play in emergencies and catastrophes

It's this particular iteration of federal government leadership (both Congress and POTUS, Democrat and Republicans) whose continued inaction are causing significant damage.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy Hidalgo County's numbers today. Amazing what you find when you actually test.
    God that's 3x worse than us per capita and we're a dumpster fire right now in Bexar County.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jibes with what the CNN financial reporter said. "clumsy" was what he called it.
    Luckily I never had anything that significant. At it's worst when I was sick it was just a tingling/burning in my hands/forearms, kind of like a combination of having your hand fall asleep and having a mild sunburn at the same time. Now when it happens it's so mild I can't even notice it unless I'm just sitting still.

Thread Information