6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when this guy was supposed to be the next Gretzky.

He had a pretty good career. Expectations were just too damn high.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Lindros

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MLB - Mike Trout
    NHL - Blues
    NBA - Sad
    NFL - Mahomes
    Soccer - England

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when this guy was supposed to be the next Gretzky.

He had a pretty good career. Expectations were just too damn high.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Lindros
    Gretzky was finesse. Lindros was a tough guy. Their games were so different. Maybe Lindros could’ve been the next Bobby Hull.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Mahomes the bed in the Championship game and his team still won. So you can go ahead and cross his name off

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Gretzky was finesse. Lindros was a tough guy. Their games were so different. Maybe Lindros could’ve been the next Bobby Hull.
    Yes because of his physicality, one could argue at their best Lindross had more control over a game. But he just wasn't as consistent (injuries specifically head) and his somewhat quiet demeanor made people question his commitment. During his tenure the Flyers were also regarded as one of the most over hyped in postseason. They finally broke thru in 1997 and ran into a very hungry and revengeful Red Wings team.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mahomes the bed in the Championship game and his team still won. So you can go ahead and cross his name off
    Don't know what you were watching. Dude had some human moments; but he was a stud all year.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Don't know what you were watching. Dude had some human moments; but he was a stud all year.
    Mahomes had one of the worst games of his career (in the most important game) and his team still Won

Rodgers had a superior performance against the same opponent (2 weeks earlier) and his team was boat rolled

Rodgers is "more valuable" to his team than Mahomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can a guy that comes from missing the playoffs be the most valuable player in sports? Lebron isn't even the best player in basketball.

Mahomes isn't the most valuable player in sports either. Put Wilson on Mahomes place and the Chiefs ring too.

The most valuble player (in US) sports is Kawhi, untill somebody knocks him out in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mahomes had one of the worst games of his career (in the most important game) and his team still Won

Rodgers had a superior performance against the same opponent (2 weeks earlier) and his team was boat rolled

Rodgers is "more valuable" to his team than Mahomes.
    lol Rodgers was a non-factor on that game. He just stat padded when the game was out of reach, which was midway through the 2nd quarter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can a guy that comes from missing the playoffs be the most valuable player in sports? Lebron isn't even the best player in basketball.

Mahomes isn't the most valuable player in sports either. Put Wilson on Mahomes place and the Chiefs ring too.

The most valuble player (in US) sports is Kawhi, untill somebody knocks him out in the playoffs.
    At the cuckold, hipster take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the cuckold, hipster take.
    First of all, Kawhi. Second, I'm not going to let emotions cloud my judgment. That's what sensitive es do, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, Kawhi. Second, I'm not going to let emotions cloud my judgment. That's what sensitive es do, tbh.
    Neither am I . . . I'm going to let logic do it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take prime Rodgers over prime Mahomes all day. But I think Rodgers is a bit on the downhill now. Mahomes probably won't be fairing nearly as well as Rodgers when he loses a half step like Rodgers has because his throwing abilities are not nearly as pronounced.

That said, I could see the Chiefs having won it with Rodgers. By no means do I think there's a chasm between the two.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, Kawhi.
    Second of all, too. that .

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Aren’t you a Mahomes fan? I don’t see Wilson being able to lead a 24 point comeback against Houston.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Why everybody so obsessed with big games? How is ting the bed in wild card or divisional round is better then doing the same in Super Bowl? Why 4 in 4 is better then 5 in 7 for example?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

you are literally re ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren’t you a Mahomes fan? I don’t see Wilson being able to lead a 24 point comeback against Houston.
    Yes, but like I said:

I'm not going to let emotions cloud my judgment.
    I call it like I see it. I might be right or wrong but I try to give the most objective opinions possible. That's why I say that Vick and Iverson are hugely overrated despite both being my favourite players ever in their respective sports.

And yeah, maybe Wilson wouldn't have came back from 24-0, but maybe he wouldn't have fallen 24-0 in the first place. When I compare Wilson and Mahomes I'm comparing skillsets, and I think we all agree they are pretty similar players. I have no doubt my mind that if Wilson was the one under Reid's system throwing it to Hill, Kelce, Watkins, etc. he would be the one seen as the best QB in the league right now, not Mahomes. Like I have said before in the Manning/Brady arguments we have had, cir stances play a big role.
    Last edited by DAF86; 04-01-2020 at 04:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are literally re ed
    Dude, who the are you? I don't know if this is an alt account or what. I have never seen you provide a take of any sort. All I've seen you do is follow people around saying "lol you re ed" and like that. I hope this is an internet persona and you aren't as sorry a person in real life as you are here, tbh. Messi bless son.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

As a MJ supporter, this surprised me. I have to roll my eyes. For example how can you rank Jordan over Laettner in College?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Dude, who the are you? I don't know if this is an alt account or what. I have never seen you provide a take of any sort. All I've seen you do is follow people around saying "lol you re ed" and like that. I hope this is an internet persona and you aren't as sorry a person in real life as you are here, tbh. Messi bless son.
    most valuable player in sports is kawhi, despite the fact that his teams are still very good before he arrives, while hes injured, and after he leaves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most valuable player in sports is kawhi, despite the fact that his teams are still very good before he arrives, while hes injured, and after he leaves
    The Spurs went from being a 60 something wins team with him, to a borderline playoffs team without him. The Raptors didn't sniff a championship without him, and won't sniff a championship without him anytime soon.

How good the Raptors did in the regular season without him doesn't matter. When the playoffs arrive (if they arrive somewhen) they will be missing that ultimate bucket getter and bucket stopper that is Kawhi. Because that's Kawhi's biggest strength: when the going gets tough, assholes get tight, ball movement stops and all the role players are there watching while standing still, Kawhi is the guy you want most to get You a bucket (or prevent one). Not Lebron, not Giannis, not Harden, not anyone. Kawhi, with that bot-like midrange jumper of his, is the one that gets done at the highest level in the NBA right now.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, who the are you?
    One of slob's alts.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As a MJ supporter, this surprised me. I have to roll my eyes. For example how can you rank Jordan over Laettner in College?
    That is totally lame. Media are such guzzlers.

Thread Information