Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC and similar ilk believe Trash/Repug lies every time

Trump Campaign Takes Pelosi’s Words Out of Context

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in an April 14 interview that the Paycheck Protection Program was “very important,”

and with a second round of funding, she wanted to “open this up to many more people,” specifically the “underbanked.” But that context is missing from a Trump campaign video.

The video,
    posted on Twitter by Brad Parscale, campaign manager for President Donald Trump’s reelection effort,

leaves the false impression that Pelosi opposes replenishing funding for the small business loan program

The video
    uses select quotes from Pelosi that appear to show her dismissing $250 billion in additional funding proposed by Republicans.

But that’s not the whole story.

Pelosi says:

“They asked for a quarter of a trillion dollars in 48 hours. I said, well, I don’t think so.”

In the April 14 interview on MSNBC, however, Pelosi prefaced that remark by asking,

“Well, what happens to our underbanked folks?”

Her next sentence after the quote in the video:

“Let’s see how we can open this up to many more people.”

The video then shows on screen the words, “Americans Are Losing Their Jobs,”

and Pelosi is heard saying, “they objected and I congratulate the Senate Democrats.”

In the interview, those comments aren’t made in succession.

Instead, Pelosi said,

“I congratulate the Senate Democrats,

they went to the floor when Mitch McConnell went in for his 250,

and they said they objected.”

Pelosi then said,

“And then they said, we have another proposal which opens the door to the underbanked.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trump-campaign-takes-pelosis-words-out-of-context/

CC, whine and to us again about how much you have to your $Ms

rent free

BTW, the weather should be nice this weekend. You can open the windows and air out you momma's smokey singlewide.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hey cowboy, you gonna return that money?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey cowboy, you gonna return that money?
    Sure...to employees for maintaining their full salaries and benefits. My payroll overhead is right at 90K a month. You want to make it?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You call yourself cowboy because you like to panhandle lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm not a "we" person. the opposition party took a free ride on obama's tail and stopped working.

what exactly is their something in its own right? they are up against a new flat earth.
    Universal healthcare, UBI, paid sick leave, unemployment insurance, mail in voting, countrywide COVID-19 testing, temporary moratoriums on mortgage/rent payments, debt forgiveness, the Dems should force Republicans to vote all of these down.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Good luck

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sure...to employees for maintaining their full salaries and benefits. My payroll overhead is right at 90K a month. You want to make it?
    Poor old cowboy

Alls good until it hits you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ship sailed, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And sunk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor old cowboy

Alls good until it hits you
    I'm not whining. Clambake is the one that seems to be triggered. I anticipate the slowdown will last a lot longer than eight weeks so he will have plenty of time to gloat.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 04-22-2020 at 11:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to be working well in Canada.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised at McConnell's barely suppressed glee at letting US states go bankrupt during a pandemic.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Old cowboy would have been outraged about all this

New cowboy is a cult member

That begs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old cowboy would have been outraged about all this

New cowboy is a cult member

That begs
    What am I supposed to be outraged about?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised at McConnell's barely suppressed glee at letting US states go bankrupt during a pandemic.

Cruelty is the Point

Why can’t states use the federal bankruptcy system to reorganize their debt?

“There are two reasons why state governments currently cannot use the federal bankruptcy system to reorganize their debt.

First,

the
    federal bankruptcy code does not allow—and has never allowed—state governments to declare bankruptcy.

Since 1937, the bankruptcy code has allowed ‘municipalities’ to declare bankruptcy.

The term ‘municipality’ is defined in the bankruptcy code as a ‘political subdivision or public agency or instrumentality of a state.’

This definition is broad enough to include cities, counties, townships, school districts and public improvement districts.

It also includes revenue-producing bodies that provide services which are paid for by users rather than by general taxes, such as bridge authorities, highway authorities and gas authorities.

But it does not include state governments.

“The second

reason stems from the U.S.Cons ution

The
    contracts clause of the U.S. Cons ution prohibits state governments from ‘impairing the obligation of contracts.’

As originally understood and enforced, this clause prohibited state legislatures from passing any laws to relieve either private debt or the state government's own debt.

Beginning in 1934, however, the Supreme Court began to interpret the contracts clause more flexibly and not as an absolute bar to state debt relief laws.

Even under the flexible modern approach, however, the Supreme Court in 1977 reiterated that ‘a state cannot refuse to meet its legitimate financial obligations simply because it would prefer to spend the money (on something else.)’

Thus, were Congress to amend the federal bankruptcy code to authorize states to repudiate debt,

the Supreme Court would then need to decide the novel cons utional question of

whether such debt repudiation would nonetheless violate the contracts clause of Article I, Section 10.”

https://www.csg.org/pubs/capitolideas/enews/issue65_3.aspx

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch McConnell to states: Drop dead – GOP leader says no ‘blue state bailouts’

McConnell fully backed the GOP’s trillions of dollars in tax cuts for the rich,

while falsely claiming they would pay for themselves, and

proclaiming the
    ensuing deficits were “not a Republican problem.”

he also managed to corral “more than $1 billion worth of federal spending and tax breaks to his Kentucky cons uents,

just in time for Christmas and ahead of a potentially tough reelection campaign.”

told Hewitt governors “would love to have free money,” and said he’d like the states to declare bankruptcy – which they cannot currently do.

his own very red state is exceedingly poor: “Kentucky is ranked the second most federally dependent state in the nation.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/mit...tate-bailouts/

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What am I supposed to be outraged about?
    Old cowboy would know

New cowboy can’t last 6 weeks without a handout, but he can pack on another 15lbs.

Did you fill out your loan app from a food line?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old cowboy would know

New cowboy can’t last 6 weeks without a handout, but he can pack on another 15lbs.

Did you fill out your loan app from a food line?
    LOL seriously triggered.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cowboy seriously a cult member

Now, report to dale, get in line and finish his leftovers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is Dale and why am I supposed to be mad?

You sound somewhat unhinged.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how a FAILED STATE under the Repugs MISGOVERNS

‘Pure for Victims’ as Stimulus Programs Draw a Flood of Scammers

Trillions of dollars in stimulus funds have created a rush among criminals to take the money from those who need it the most.

she learned someone else had filed taxes on her husband’s behalf and used his iden y to obtain their $3,400 payment.

“I cried all day,” said Ms. Phelps, who is about a month away from being unable to pay her mortgage and has cut out everything but the basics, canceling cable and eliminating snacks for the kids

these are good times for thieves and dangerous times for those who actually need the money.

“I’ve been in this space for over 30 years and I have not seen anything like this in my entire career,”

said Eva Velasquez, the chief executive of the Iden y Theft Resource Center, a nonprofit based in San Diego that helps victims.

“The scope, the scale, the speed and the efficiency of the scams is breathtaking.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/technology/stimulus-checks-hackers-coronavirus.html

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitch McConnell to states: Drop dead – GOP leader says no ‘blue state bailouts’

McConnell fully backed the GOP’s trillions of dollars in tax cuts for the rich,

while falsely claiming they would pay for themselves, and

proclaiming the
    ensuing deficits were “not a Republican problem.”

he also managed to corral “more than $1 billion worth of federal spending and tax breaks to his Kentucky cons uents,

just in time for Christmas and ahead of a potentially tough reelection campaign.”

told Hewitt governors “would love to have free money,” and said he’d like the states to declare bankruptcy – which they cannot currently do.

his own very red state is exceedingly poor: “Kentucky is ranked the second most federally dependent state in the nation.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/mit...tate-bailouts/
    America is a failed nation. $3.2 trillion for corporations that went largely to stock buybacks, bootstraps for everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much of that 90k is for health benefits (all included, SS, insurance, medicaid, etc)? It's probably 35-40%. Now imagine that wasn't your responsibility. Single payer will solve that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much of that 90k is for health benefits (all included, SS, insurance, medicaid, etc)? It's probably 35-40%. Now imagine that wasn't your responsibility. Single payer will solve that.
    to be fair, there would also be an increase in payroll tax to help fund it, so there would be some offset, not total savings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health care is about $14,000 a month for health insurance. You cant really count matching SS and medicare, that is just a disguised tax. PPP didnt even let you count that as an employment cost.

Thread Information