Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2496
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This right here is a primary example of someone honestly believing that one side of the aisle has our best interest at heart.

NONE OF THEM CARE!
    of course they don't care,

but at least the Dems' action of passing a bill is commendable vs Repugs' it and everybody except our BigDonor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this "both sides" argument is BS when one side passed the damn bill in May and the Repugs sat on it until the last minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting pork in a bill that overall will save people's livelihoods, small businesses, and fund essential services > Putting out an anemic bill filled only with pork for BigDonors at the 11th hour knowing not even your own side likes it after sitting on the Dem bill since May

Yeah.

Not the same.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting pork in a bill that overall will save people's livelihoods, small businesses, and fund essential services > Putting out an anemic bill filled only with pork for BigDonors at the 11th hour knowing not even your own side likes it after sitting on the Dem bill since May

Yeah.

Not the same.
    Lolololololl

You cried online about having covid. Longhauler. LolollIlolI'lloolIoklololpp

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count

Yeah.

Not the same.
    Ok....you’re right, Democrats are all stand up folks that don’t have any suspect motives. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before?!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ok....you’re right, Democrats are all stand up folks that don’t have any suspect motives. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before?!
    TimDunkem pointed out something specific the Democrats did that's better than what the Republicans did and you responded with a strawman accusing him of saying Democrats are great and have no suspect motives even though that's not even close to what he said.

There's a middle ground between blindly believing all Democrats are saints vs. drawing the glib conclusion that "they both suck!"

Sure seems like you have no way to defend the specific proposals McConnell is putting forward so you're trying claim it's a wash to deflect from how this crisis is due to a Republican president ing the pooch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimDunkem pointed out something specific the Democrats did that's better than what the Republicans did and you responded with a strawman accusing him of saying Democrats are great and have no suspect motives even though that's not even close to what he said.

There's a middle ground between blindly believing all Democrats are saints vs. drawing the glib conclusion that "they both suck!"

Sure seems like you have no way to defend the specific proposals McConnell is putting forward so you're trying claim it's a wash to deflect from how this crisis is due to a Republican president ing the pooch.
    TimDunkem cried about being a longhauler

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump-Made Pandemic continues its economic carnage

1.7 million new unemployment claims show the painful reality of Trump’s Coronavirus Recession

http://redgreenandblue.org/2020/09/1...rus-recession/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimDunkem cried about being a longhauler
    COVID-19 is real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump-Made Pandemic continues its economic carnage

1.7 million new unemployment claims show the painful reality of Trump’s Coronavirus Recession

http://redgreenandblue.org/2020/09/1...rus-recession/
    25 consecutive weeks of > 800,000 million new claims, 29 million people now claim state and federal UI.

It took four years of the Great Depression, ulatively, to cause unemployment equal to the last seven months, the unemployment rate shot up 10% in a single month, Q2 GDP dropped 9%, but it's apparently hyperbole if we describe it by saying anything other than "people were laid off."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're down about 5% from this figure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this guy still lying about me? Holy . Talk about obsessed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two-tiered bailout.

Wall Street got the gold mine, Main Street got the shaft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luby's and Fuddrucker's closing, liquidating

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    evictions continue despite the moratorium:

How many people may be impacted by evictions? Stout estimates that there are 17.3 million households currently unable to pay rent and at risk of eviction. This represents more than 42% of all renter households. There is the potential for 11.7 million eviction filings over the next four months.

At present, the total rent shortfall is $21.5 billion. This seems like a lot of money but, it is a small fraction of the total amount spend on COVID-19 relief, $3.48 trillion. The CARES Act, for example, provided the Treasury Department with a $500 billion fund that will be used by the Federal Reserve to support trillions in lending to larger businesses. A small fraction of those funds could help keep millions of the nation's most vulnerable families off the streets.
    https://popular.info/p/corporate-landlords-defy-federal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More fiscal stimulus is needed, says Federal Reserve.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    My tenants are hurting right now. I've told them to pay what that are able to and not to worry about the rest. There is no payback expected nor desired. I can cover the mortgages for now. Man, am I glad I unloaded most of my properties now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These 62 landlords received at least $60 million in taxpayer bailouts.

Now they are evicting tenants.

Sixty-two corporate landlords who have received taxpayer bailouts intended to blunt the economic impact of the pandemic are pursuing evictions despite a federal moratorium,

The large landlords have received at least $60.9 million in forgivable loans from the Paycheck Protection Program, which was intended to help prevent an economic collapse.

the same landlords have initiated at least 494 legal actions for eviction.

CAPREIT

a Maryland-based real estate operating company that describes itself as “one of the nation’s leading multifamily housing companies,” has filed 37 evictions across Tennessee and Georgia since September 1.

Priderock Capital Management

Real estate asset manager Priderock Capital Management has filed 35 evictions so far this month after securing a $2-5 million PPP loan.

ACRE

Asia Capital Real Estate Management (ACRE), a global real estate private equity firm that manages more than $2.1 billion in assets, has filed 34 evictions across Florida and Georgia since September 1.

Odin Properties

Odin Properties, a Philadelphia-based real estate firm, has filed 32 eviction cases against tenants in Tennessee.

Blue Magma Residential

Blue Magma Residential, a Florida-based real estate investment group, boasts that it owns more than 10,000 units and manages $1 billion in assets. Since September 1, the company has filed 22 evictions against tenants in Georgia and Tennessee,

etc

https://popular.info/p/these-62-land...eived-at-least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yelp data shows 60% of business closures due to the coronavirus pandemic are now permanent

• Yelp on Wednesday released its latest Economic Impact Report, revealing business closures across the U.S. are increasing as a result of the coronavirus.
    • As of Aug, 31, 163,735 businesses have indicated on Yelp that they have closed, a 23% increase since mid-July.
    • According to Yelp data, permanent closures have reached 97,966, representing 60% of closed businesses that won’t be reopening.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/16/yelp-data-shows-60percent-of-business-closures-due-to-the-coronavirus-pandemic-are-now-permanent.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Trump is calling for another stimulus at a higher number than Repugs are calling for. You can assure that Republicans will begin falling in line now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Trump is calling for another stimulus at a higher number than Repugs are calling for. You can assure that Republicans will begin falling in line now.
    Senate Repugs said nothing happens until after the election.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Senate Repugs said nothing happens until after the election.
    4 more years of this?

Thread Information