Why they hate us

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideological warfare

Why they hate us
    Two birds with one stone.

We pay for their psyop propaganda and they have easy money to funnel.

It's not like a bridge that people are like what did we get for our buck?

It's fairy sh** that nobody cares about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because Spurtacular is on your ignore list.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Two birds with one stone.

We pay for their psyop propaganda and they have easy money to funnel.

It's not like a bridge that people are like what did we get for our buck?

It's fairy sh** that nobody cares about.
    Funds for border walls in the Middle East

While we go the opposite direction and slash ICE

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump has shown one more time that giving money to the rich doesn't bring exceptional growth. Despite putting the country in more debt by increasing the deficit (pre-covid) by a factor to 2.5 while Obama decreased it by 3, the US economic got a pretty small boost, on average 0.2% over his first 3 years compared to Obama's last 4 years for 2 extra point of deficit. Unemployment continued to decrease but at the same rate as under Obama so nothing exceptional.
    All this money given to rich people, besides the increased debt, will burst into another speculative bubble just like the housing market, the internet bubble…did in the past.
    Giving money to poor people is what brings economic growth as they are spending all the money into the economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump the people's Leader

Populism strikes again
    Why did the people's leader wait until 3 days from Christmas to start influencing the bill?
    So you agree that the Democratic party's policies are pro-people, since Trump is basically agreeing with them?
    If the congressional GOP doesn't pass this bill, will you change your stance that "conservatism is what this country needs"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah all Trump is doing now is trying to remind the GOP that it’ll collapse without him. He’s basically just trying to with McConnell at this point.
    The problem is that McConnell knows his voters. He can give Trump and Pelosi the finger on the $2000 direct payment, and still have a great chance of getting both GA Senate seats and maintaining the R majority in the Senate.

The GOP has mastered the art of blaming Democrats even when the GOP is in control. Their voters have proven that they will buy whatever Fox and AM radio will sell them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbf I seriously doubt that Paki money is going to gender studies... more likely to pay for some CIA off the books prison.

But, I agree it’s money better spent elsewhere

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The problem is that McConnell knows his voters. He can give Trump and Pelosi the finger on the $2000 direct payment, and still have a great chance of getting both GA Senate seats and maintaining the R majority in the Senate.

The GOP has mastered the art of blaming Democrats even when the GOP is in control. Their voters have proven that they will buy whatever Fox and AM radio will sell them.
    Yeah but the only reason McConnell agreed to this bill in the first place was because he knew Loeffler and Perdue were losing support in GA because there wasn’t any COVID relief. Trump suddenly wanting to influence the relief at the 11th hour with a more liberal direct payment plan was a curveball Cocaine Mitch didn’t plan for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could the timing also be to divert attention away from Rumps pardon of numerous disgusting creatures?

Trump Crime Family is tone deaf and uber en led but must have known these pardons would not be received well outside of the cult.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash says he wants $2K, Dems agree. It's on the Repugs now.

Trash didn't propose $2K because the Dems didn't fight for it. He did it to "Look at less, LOSER me. I only up stuff, see. Keep watching ME stuff up"

Dems and Repugs have already "bent over" to accept each other's demands, which includes huge tax breaks for business.

On what grounds would the Dems obstruct the current bill with the $2000?

Labor gets crumbs, Capitalists get $100Bs

===============

Buried in Pandemic Aid Bill: Billions to Soothe the Richest

The voluminous coronavirus relief and spending bill that blasted through Congress on Monday includes provisions — good, bad and just plain strange — that few lawmakers got to read.

a $200 billion giveaway to the rich.

It involves the tens of thousands of businesses that received loans from the federal government this spring with the promise that the loans would be forgiven, tax free, if they agreed to keep employees on the payroll through the coronavirus pandemic.

But for some businesses and their high-paid accountants, that was not enough. They went to Congress with another request:

Not only should the forgiven loans not be taxed as income, but the expenditures used with those loans should be tax deductible.

“High-income business owners have had tax benefits and unprecedented government grants showered down upon then. And the scale is massive,”

$120 billion of the $200 billion would flow to the top 1 percent of Americans.

The new provision allows for a classic double dip into the Payroll Protection Program,

as businesses get free money from the government, then get to deduct that largess from their taxes.

“Congress found plenty of money for foreign countries, lobbyists and special interests, while sending the bare minimum to the American people who need it,”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/u...lief-bill.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s an outside chance this is a 5D Chess move by Trump and Cocaine Mitch. They can get fully on board with $2000 checks, go the “if Dems wanted $2000 checks why didn’t they fight harder? Trump spoke up because the Dems wouldn’t, he fights for the people, etc” route, put Dems in a position where they have to bend over and accept Republican demands in order to secure the $2000 checks they’re all already publicly screaming for (and now any Democrat backtracking/obstruction that prevents that amount of payment will instantly be blamed on the Dems), and massively swing Trump’s approval rating and win Georgia easily.

The easy explanation is Trump is a big whiny pussy and he did this to screw over Mitch, but I’m willing to entertain that they set a trap for the Democrats and last night’s Lib tweetgasm over 2K checks shows that it worked.
    Well, the problem is that Mitch and co are about to flip into fiscal hawks in about a month, so it becomes really problematic for them to take a knee for Trump but not for Biden and not come across as complete partisan hacks, tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    There’s an outside chance this is a 5D Chess move by Trump and Cocaine Mitch. They can get fully on board with $2000 checks, go the “if Dems wanted $2000 checks why didn’t they fight harder? Trump spoke up because the Dems wouldn’t, he fights for the people, etc” route, put Dems in a position where they have to bend over and accept Republican demands in order to secure the $2000 checks they’re all already publicly screaming for (and now any Democrat backtracking/obstruction that prevents that amount of payment will instantly be blamed on the Dems), and massively swing Trump’s approval rating and win Georgia easily.

The easy explanation is Trump is a big whiny pussy and he did this to screw over Mitch, but I’m willing to entertain that they set a trap for the Democrats and last night’s Lib tweetgasm over 2K checks shows that it worked.
    Na, there were a lot of leaks from senate staffers that Cocaine Mitch only agreed to another stimulus w/o corporate immunity because he’s ting his pants about Georgia. If Trump blows this stimulus bill up then Loeffler and Perdue are in the impossible position of having to choose between disagreeing with Trump or disagreeing with the need for more stimulus.

Keep in mind that in 2009 the Dems had a 58 senator majority, a huge house majority and the White House, but McConnell’s obstruction forced the Dems to settle on a $700 billion bailout for the financial crisis that included no direct payments to Americans and was almost entirely a corporate giveaway. The Dems got a better stimulus bill this time despite McConnell being majority leader and Pelosi having a much slimmer majority in the house. That’s not Mitch playing 5D chess, it’s him begrudgingly making more concessions than he’d like because he’s worried about losing his senate majority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the internet should be considered a public utility, but this isn't nothing and the help is overdue.

Americans who have low incomes or who lost their jobs during the pandemic will be eligible for $50-per-month broadband subsidies under the stimulus package passed by Congress last night. Congress is providing $3.2 billion from the US Treasury for a new Emergency Broadband Connectivity Fund that will be administered by the Federal Communications Commission.

Subsidies won't be distributed immediately, as it could take a couple of months or more for the FCC to start the program. The $50 monthly payments won't go directly to broadband users but will be paid to ISPs that provide free or reduced-cost broadband under the program. ISPs will be responsible for verifying each household's eligibility and seeking reimbursement from the FCC.
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...emic-stimulus/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash says he wants $2K, Dems agree. It's on the Repugs now.

Trash didn't propose $2K because the Dems didn't fight for it. He did it to "Look at less, LOSER me. I only up stuff, see. Keep watching ME stuff up"

Dems and Repugs have already "bent over" to accept each other's demands, which includes huge tax breaks for business.

On what grounds would the Dems obstruct the current bill with the $2000?

Labor gets crumbs, Capitalists get $100Bs

===============

Buried in Pandemic Aid Bill: Billions to Soothe the Richest

The voluminous coronavirus relief and spending bill that blasted through Congress on Monday includes provisions — good, bad and just plain strange — that few lawmakers got to read.

a $200 billion giveaway to the rich.

It involves the tens of thousands of businesses that received loans from the federal government this spring with the promise that the loans would be forgiven, tax free, if they agreed to keep employees on the payroll through the coronavirus pandemic.

But for some businesses and their high-paid accountants, that was not enough. They went to Congress with another request:

Not only should the forgiven loans not be taxed as income, but the expenditures used with those loans should be tax deductible.

“High-income business owners have had tax benefits and unprecedented government grants showered down upon then. And the scale is massive,”

$120 billion of the $200 billion would flow to the top 1 percent of Americans.

The new provision allows for a classic double dip into the Payroll Protection Program,

as businesses get free money from the government, then get to deduct that largess from their taxes.

“Congress found plenty of money for foreign countries, lobbyists and special interests, while sending the bare minimum to the American people who need it,”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/u...lief-bill.html

Making the expense not deductible is the same as making the PPP money taxable. That was never congresses intent. This was bipartisan.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 12-23-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the internet should be considered a public utility, but this isn't nothing and the help is overdue.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...emic-stimulus/
    Internet and that other network, electricity should be non-profit public utilities, also there should be a national, non-profit public bank, like Bank of North Dakota.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so its a 5D chess move for trump to campaign after he already lost the election? there's no way this reflects will on republican congressmen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell lost on corporate COVID-19 liability, so he found another way to punish workers

The CARES Act passed in March required employers to provide two weeks of paid sick leave to workers who were infected with the coronavirus. McConnell blocked lawmakers from extending that requirement in this package.

Those two weeks of paid leave were required

for sick employees,
    for employees who needed to care for a quarantining relative, and
    there was an additional 10-week paid leave requirement for workers with children whose schools or day cares closed for pandemic-related reason.

It's gone now with McConnell's assistance,

But what did get extended was a tax credit to business, fully subsidizing the cost of paying out sick leave through next March.

So businesses, if they feel like it, can extend the leave and be reimbursed.

What this means is that people who are sick are going to keep going to work because they have to.

They are going to infect their coworkers and their customers, because it's that or have no income.

, a
    study by Health Affairs found it worked to slow the spread of COVID-19.

It also cost far less than projected, with just $1.3 billion claimed in tax credits compared to the projections that it would cost $105 billion.

So doing the right thing by workers was actually helping and businesses weren't overburdened.

There was absolutely no reason for McConnell to do this other than sheer cruelty to working people.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons, when was the last time you were part of the workforce?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My working hypothesis is that boutons is a wealthy industrialist with a bad conscience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My working hypothesis is that boutons is a wealthy industrialist with a bad conscience.
    i like the trust fund baby theory

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Retired old man with mixed grandkids

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like the trust fund baby theory
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retired old man with mixed grandkids
    probably retired black man who ed white women