Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 458591929394959697 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2407
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consumers Expect Surging Inflation to Crush the Purchasing Power of their Labor: Fed’s Survey

Consumers are picking up on the rise of inflation, and

the Fed, which has been trying to heat up inflation, is pleased.

The Fed watches “inflation expectations” carefully.

The minutes from the March FOMC meeting mention “inflation expectations” 12 times.

https://wolfstreet.com/2021/05/10/consumers-expect-surging-inflation-to-crush-the-purchasing-power-of-their-labor-feds-survey/

Fed works for the oligarchy, as the oligarchy's ATM, that doesn't want Biden to raise it taxes,

so the Fed raising interest rates to kill a million jobs on "expectations" of inflation

will help the no-tax-on-oligrachy Repugs in the 2022 election.

expectatations? G M A F B

Inflation fear mongering propaganda from the oligarchy suckering naive Americans.

Inflation is coming from pandemic-disrupted supply side, not the demand side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so what did the Fed say about raising rates?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal government sends $15B to Texas for economic recovery. Here's where it will go.

The money comes with fewer strings than previous batches of state and local COVID aid and will go directly to smaller cities for the first time. It can be used to plug revenue holes; hire public sector workers including teachers, police and firefighters; and fund housing, mental health, small business and other assistance programs. It can also go toward some infrastructure projects, such as expanding broadband, among other things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what would be wrong with that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A Record 768 Million U.S. Vacation Days Went Unused in ‘18, Opportunity Cost in the Billions

https://www.ustravel.org/press/study...-cost-billions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heaven forbid we figure out what we're going to do with the trillions upon trillions upon trillions worth of unfunded liabilities Medicare is running before volunteering to pick up the tab for even more people. Alas, fiscal responsibility doesn't buy votes.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice if it passed. Just keep creeping that age down until we finally get Medicare For All.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heaven forbid we figure out what we're going to do with the trillions upon trillions upon trillions worth of unfunded liabilities Medicare is running before volunteering to pick up the tab for even more people. Alas, fiscal responsibility doesn't buy votes.......
    by getting people health care before 65, it will save $Ts

Americans longevity only matches other wealthy countries for people above 65

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "enforcing the laws as written" seems to have a blind spot for certain things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are the two connected? One doesn't preclude the other.

Nor is it clear why one long term funding issues need to be solved before Congress invests more on health care during an epochal pandemic. When you're putting out a house fire, you don't worry about the water bill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. small business closures are ticking back toward Covid pandemic highs

• According to a new report from Facebook and the Small Business Roundtable, 22% of U.S. small and medium businesses were closed in February.
    • At the peak in May, the pandemic saw 23% of small and medium businesses closed.
    • “It continues to be a very painful time for small businesses,” said John Stanford, co-executive director of the Small Business Roundtable.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/09/smal...mic-highs.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By republican standards, Abbott is late to this party tbh.......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs are bribed to be pro-Capital, so they are anti-Labor, blocking Federal free money is meant to punish unemployed back to ty jobs, low-pay, no benefits, no OT, no vacation, no sick days, which most of that falls on blacks and browns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By republican standards, Abbott is late to this party tbh.......
    it's dumbern to to turn down the money

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's dumbern to to turn down the money
    Eehh, it's not quite that simple. NPC-Red will cheer Abbott's decision and NPC-Blue will boo it, but in between those two groups there is a legitimate discussion to be had about the tradeoff between providing the aid and the consequences of providing a disincentive to people from returning to work. Biden acknowledged as much with his announcement last week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eehh, it's not quite that simple. NPC-Red will cheer Abbott's decision and NPC-Blue will boo it, but in between those two groups there is a legitimate discussion to be had about the tradeoff between providing the aid and the consequences of providing a disincentive to people from returning to work. Biden acknowledged as much with his announcement last week.
    the connection between supplemental UI and people not returning to work is pure folklore

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the connection between supplemental UI and people not returning to work is pure folklore
    Tell that to Joe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eehh, it's not quite that simple. NPC-Red will cheer Abbott's decision and NPC-Blue will boo it, but in between those two groups there is a legitimate discussion to be had about the tradeoff between providing the aid and the consequences of providing a disincentive to people from returning to work. Biden acknowledged as much with his
    that conversation is bull . the connection between supplemental UI and people not returning to work in hospitality is pure folklore.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet Joe is threatening people that if they get offered a job they need to take it, or else.

And, the President and the Administration will reaffirm the basic rules of the unemployment insurance (UI) program. Anyone receiving UI who is offered a suitable job must take it or lose their UI benefits. A core purpose of the UI program is helping workers get back to work, and UI provides laid-off workers with temporary assistance to help pay bills and relieve hardship. By reaffirming these rules and purposes, the Administration will ensure that the UI program continues to support workers and facilitate hiring.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...eturn-to-work/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet Joe is threatening people that if they get offered a job they need to take it, or else.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...eturn-to-work/
    normality theater, I don't answer for Joe.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A democrat president and a bunch of republican governors all acting as if they share the same concern feels different than normality theater.

Thread Information