Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2496
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate Repugs said nothing happens until after the election.
    That was before Trump changed his tune yesterday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was before Trump changed his tune yesterday.
    If McConnell doesn't want it, Trash won't get it from the Senate.

He may move (not much) money from other Exec agencies, but that would be contested in court for contradicting Congress' spending allocations.

btw, Texas Workforce Commission is trying to clawback $200M in UI payments that it ed up or was fraud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    860,000 Unemployment Claims Filed Last Week

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/8...iled-last-week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If McConnell doesn't want it, Trash won't get it from the Senate.

He may move (not much) money from other Exec agencies, but that would be contested in court for contradicting Congress' spending allocations.

btw, Texas Workforce Commission is trying to clawback $200M in UI payments that it ed up or was fraud.

Trump is the GOP now. They will move as he moves. They didn't want the CARES Act to begin with but bent the knee as soon as Trump signed off on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which is it? trump wants a bigger stimulus package but him and his crony mcconnel have been turning everything down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which is it? trump wants a bigger stimulus package but him and his crony mcconnel have been turning everything down

It wouldn't do to take decisive action to improve people's lives before the election, blaming the pain of Americans on Dems is their whole narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't do to take decisive action to improve people's lives before the election, blaming the pain of Americans on Dems is their whole narrative.
    No reason why they couldn't do both. His followers will literally believe anything he says, so he can just say the Dems are holding it up and that HE wants more money for the stimulus (both of which he did yesterday), and get it out there before the election so he can play savior again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason why they couldn't do both. His followers will literally believe anything he says, so he can just say the Dems are holding it up and that HE wants more money for the stimulus (both of which he did yesterday), and get it out there before the election so he can play savior again.
    The reluctacnce of both parties -- but especially the GOP -- to be Santa Claus during a pandemic/depression frankly boggles. It's economically and politically the smart thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reluctacnce of both parties -- but especially the GOP -- to be Santa Claus during a pandemic/depression frankly boggles. It's economically and politically the smart thing to do.
    I think Trump is finally realizing that. It's political suicide to not do it at this point. Then again, never count out Trump to completely up and miss the swing on the 1 mph meatball thrown his way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They Don't Care

BigDonor class is their priority, and CARES and Fed bailed bout, and is bailing out, BD class

The very ing little the Dems will do if they take Congress and WH will prove the point that Voting Is Bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    printing press go brrr

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the idea that spending on anything right now is ludicrous?

It baffles me that either side is okay with it as long as it is what "their" party is for. We are borrowing money from a private ins ution that we have to pay interest on. We could create our own currency and at least not have to pay interest.... Do our politicians ever discuss this? No, because the central banks is who they answer to. Every 8-10 years there is ANOTHER "crisis" and we have to spend trillions. Do people not see the pattern? The intention of the federal reserve was to eliminate these situations and instead they continue to occur without fail.

If democrats are suppose to be for the "working class" and republicans are suppose to be "fiscally conservative" this would be the number one issue for both parties. The central banks of the world SHOULD be enemy number one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More bull from Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Commissioner Ramamurti just murdered an expert witness, tbh

tl;dr In the current economic conditions, the likely economic multiplier for the federal dollar spent is 1.2 - 1.5.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Commissioner Ramamurti just murdered an expert witness, tbh

tl;dr In the current economic conditions, the likely economic multiplier for the federal dollar spent is 1.2 - 1.5.

I figured that his endgame was going to be getting the author to say sometihing just going by how many times he mentioned her name, but I was hoping for a Springer-esque "well here's the author" intro and she just joins the zoom call

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok....you’re right, Democrats are all stand up folks that don’t have any suspect motives. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before?!
    strawman. who said Dems are all stand up folks?

Dems passed HEROES, McConnell killed it. in this case, your both-sides-ism is dishonest, simplistic BS.

Dems passed 400+ other bills that McConnell killed.

The strategy is that govt can do no good,

only for-profit private enterprise is to be valued,

and there is no legit opposition to anti-democratic oligarchy/Repugs,

so Repugs block ALL Dem appointees,

block ALL Dem judges, and

the autocratic Repug "Unitary Exec" evades Congress oversight by using 100s of unapproved, even illegal "acting" people.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-18-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas courts must start telling tenants how a federal eviction moratorium can keep them housed

The Texas Supreme Court ordered that eviction citations

will have to inform renters about the moratorium requirements and

include the form needed to apply for protection.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/09/18/texas-federal-eviction-moratorium/

Amazing, from a 100% Repug SCOTX

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the idea that spending on anything right now is ludicrous?

It baffles me that either side is okay with it as long as it is what "their" party is for. We are borrowing money from a private ins ution that we have to pay interest on. We could create our own currency and at least not have to pay interest.... Do our politicians ever discuss this? No, because the central banks is who they answer to. Every 8-10 years there is ANOTHER "crisis" and we have to spend trillions. Do people not see the pattern? The intention of the federal reserve was to eliminate these situations and instead they continue to occur without fail.

If democrats are suppose to be for the "working class" and republicans are suppose to be "fiscally conservative" this would be the number one issue for both parties. The central banks of the world SHOULD be enemy number one.
    The Fed has survived its putative original purpose, for better and for worse. One wonders how much more there was to it than legalizing a bank cartel to start with. We're by now so far through the looking glass, seeking justification in the Fed's original charter or its early history would be purely academic. At this point, Blackrock/Fed are managing Chinese style economic dirigisme in the Chinese style: state capitalism.

The pattern of the economy blowing up every ten years is worrisome to all but those best situated to make a lot money off of it. If I was a 32-40 year old who just got wiped out for the second time in twelve years, I'd be extra pissed that extra rich people got a public backstop AGAIN and I got shafted AGAIN.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more Capitalism is regulated, the less severe the instability, esp the monetary crashes like 1929, 2008, and probably next year (hyper-leveraged corporations living on Fed zero rate), also commercial MBS this time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich was lunacy-

but people are conditioned to just shrug when that happens
    people have no choice.

The Capitalist oligarchy is now a rigged automatic, self-enriching wealth machine, unrelated to the Labor economy of the non-oligarchy, immune to depressions, recessions, expand their wealth and power no matter what.

this is not an inevitable situations, it was created by the oligarchy corrupting the political class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more Capitalism is regulated, the less severe the instability, esp the monetary crashes like 1929, 2008, and probably next year (hyper-leveraged corporations living on Fed zero rate), also commercial MBS this time.
    If you're referring to the Glass-Stegall era, that might be supportable. Any return to plain vanilla banking would be initially disruptive, abundant, cheap credit money keeps so many zombies afloat now. But maybe the bubbles wouldn't be so frothy then.

It's hard to stuff genies back into the bottle, don't you think? Short of massive debt forgiveness that wipes out all the debts that can't be paid, it's hard to see how we could even begin to get there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're referring to the Glass-Stegall era, that might be supportable. Any return to plain vanilla banking would be initially disruptive, abundant, cheap credit money keeps so many zombies afloat now. But maybe the bubbles wouldn't be so frothy then.

It's hard to stuff genies back into the bottle, don't you think? Short of massive debt forgiveness that wipes out all the debts that can't be paid, it's hard to see how we could even begin to get there.
    yep

America is ed and un able

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like Uber for evictions

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Fed has survived its putative original purpose, for better and for worse. One wonders how much more there was to it than legalizing a bank cartel to start with. We're by now so far through the looking glass, seeking justification in the Fed's original charter or its early history would be purely academic. At this point, Blackrock/Fed are managing Chinese style economic dirigisme in the Chinese style: state capitalism.

The pattern of the economy blowing up every ten years is worrisome to all but those best situated to make a lot money off of it. If I was a 32-40 year old who just got wiped out for the second time in twelve years, I'd be extra pissed that extra rich people got a public backstop AGAIN and I got shafted AGAIN.

So, if I understand you correctly, you seem accepting of this? Would you not agree that this system is the root of much of the inequalities? It is a system where a private ins ution has a monopoly on our means of exchange, credit, and money supply. It is a system that has been easily used to control politicians, and as you stated, reward the elite and pushing all risks and failure to the tax payer (public backstop).

It is a system that benefits both parties and never gets called out by corporate media. Any criticism of it is typically superficial and just shy of allowing the masses to truly understand how we lose with its existence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, if I understand you correctly, you seem accepting of this? Would you not agree that this system is the root of much of the inequalities? It is a system where a private ins ution has a monopoly on our means of exchange, credit, and money supply. It is a system that has been easily used to control politicians, and as you stated, reward the elite and pushing all risks and failure to the tax payer (public backstop).
    I roughly agree with everything you just said except the bolded.

It is a system that benefits both parties and never gets called out by corporate media. Any criticism of it is typically superficial and just shy of allowing the masses to truly understand how we lose with its existence.
    The con itself isn't easy to understand, any swindle that plays out over the long term usually is. Like our political duopoly.

Thread Information