Page 25 of 100 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you make too much, you might need to fudge and evade some taxes. It's the American way!
    I lack wherewith to evade, sadly. It's so tidy to already have the money! There is such a thing as a free lunch!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Fed Just Pulled Off
    Another Backdoor Bailout of Wall Street

The Federal Reserve has authorized 11 financial bailout programs thus far.

Despite Fed Chairman Jerome Powell’s reassurances at his press conferences that
    these programs are to help American families,

a full 10 of these programs are actually bailouts of Wall Street banks or their trading units.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/06...eet/#gsc.tab=0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Fed Just Pulled Off
    Another Backdoor Bailout of Wall Street

The Federal Reserve has authorized 11 financial bailout programs thus far.

Despite Fed Chairman Jerome Powell’s reassurances at his press conferences that
    these programs are to help American families,

a full 10 of these programs are actually bailouts of Wall Street banks or their trading units.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/06...eet/#gsc.tab=0
    The bailout of banks, investors, incipient financial garbage and the President's rich cronies is ongoing.

https://sirota.substack.com/p/news-t...is-billionaire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is like something China would do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why it would be desirable that $450B of the $500B in Mnuchin's bailout fund would be disclosure-free.

How is that diffefent from a slush fund? What would prevent DJT from dipping in?
    Called it.

I was just thinking about this, pulled up the thread and lighted quite by accident on page 3.

Ask not for whom the Fed's money cannon tolls, it tolls not for thee or me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mf said diffefent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the nasty, racist, xenophobic so-called Christian (supremacist) gets slapped

California Judge Blocks DeVos Rule Banning DACA Students From Stimulus

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wesleyw.../#7119f58f6096

goddamn, Repugs and Christian nationalists are ING nasty, inhumane, cruel bas s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bailout dollars in a little over two months have already exceeded such unaffordable extravagances as Medicare for All and the Green New Deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bailout dollars in a little over two months have already exceeded such unaffordable extravagances as Medicare for All and the Green New Deal.

Yep, and it won't stop. You can bet with every presidency it will get worse. The fed is the parasite that all presidents bow to..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having refused the House Dems' HEROES act,

Senate Repugs will not even address any more stimulus until after the 2-week 4th of July recess

Mnuchin, defying Congress, still blocking who is getting the slush fund $500B

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having refused the House Dems' HEROES act,

Senate Repugs will not even address any more stimulus until after the 2-week 4th of July recess

Mnuchin, defying Congress, still blocking who is getting the slush fund $500B
    Smart politics. Pelosi tried to shove her wish list up the Senates ass. Now they will return the favor. July 31 is the drop dead date where the extra $600 a month goes away. The natives will get restless if they dont have a deal by then and the checks quit coming. It's the new fake deadline.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Trump already promised moar stimulus. Done deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart politics. Pelosi tried to shove her wish list up the Senates ass. Now they will return the favor. July 31 is the drop dead date where the extra $600 a month goes away. The natives will get restless if they dont have a deal by then and the checks quit coming. It's the new fake deadline.
    So your justification for that is that s yes ing over actual american citizens who need this money asapwill show PELOSI!

It's not about dems or republicans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Trump already promised moar stimulus. Done deal.
    McConnell says no, and if he doesn't pass the bill, it won't reach Trash.

McConnell MIGHT say yes, but only after shaking down taxpayers for $100B more for his BigDonors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your justification for that is that s yes ing over actual american citizens who need this money asapwill show PELOSI!

It's not about dems or republicans.
    It is what it is. I'm not advocating anything. There will be negotiations. Both sides will have to compromise. July 31 will give them a deadline to get it done. BTW if you think either side cares if ordinary Americans get ed over you havent been paying attention.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMF says global economic collapse caused by coronavirus will be even worse than feared

Emerging recovery likely to disappoint even if countries refuse to shut down during a resurgence of the coronavirus

the
    coronavirus pandemic has caused more widespread damage than expected and will be followed by a sluggish recovery.

The global economy will shrink this year by 4.9 percent, worse than the
    3 percent decline predicted in April,

The U.S. economy, the world’s largest, is expected to shrink this year by 8 percent.

the strength of the recovery is highly uncertain because there is no solution yet to the health crisis.

By the end of next year, the pandemic will have cost the global economy $12.5 trillion in lost output

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/06/24/imf-global-economy-coronavirus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unemployment claims worse than expected as nation hits

14th week with more than 1 million claims

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...million-claims
    McConnell and Repugs plan to screw the unemployed with a ty stimulus plan

Dems showed some serious empathy with their HEROES act, but Repugs don't do empathy For The People

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Than $38 Billion in PPP Loans for Small Firms Canceled

About $38.5 billion in coronavirus relief loans for small businesses were canceled as of the end of May as

many firms rushed to return loans after a public outcry about larger companies that took funds,

while others were spurred by concerns about having the debt become a grant.

The value of the canceled loans was included in a Government Accountability Office report Thursday based on data from the Small Business Administration that showed

more than 170,000 loans had been canceled as of May 31 with more still being reported.

The GAO report didn’t specify the reasons for the cancellations.

The SBA reported Wednesday night that more than 4.7 million loans totaling $516.5 billion have been approved, including cancellations.

There was about $128 billion in remaining funds as of June 20 with only a few days until the agency stops accepting new applications on Tuesday.

Small businesses also reported they were holding or considering returning their loans because of uncertainty about whether they would be required to repay debt.

The loans are forgiven if most proceeds are spent on payroll,

but the SBA and Treasury Department were late in releasing guidance and rules about the loan forgiveness process.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/more-...143944736.html

Mnuchin and pals ed it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new guidelines were clear and released in plenty of time before the 8 week deadline. Only stupid people like Boutons couldn't understand them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link no good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thumb on the scale for Apple and Disney. I wonder what the current stock market rally would look like without FANG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump donors among early recipients of coronavirus loans

As much as $273 million in federal coronavirus aid was awarded to more than 100 companies that are owned or operated by major donors to President Donald Trump’s election efforts,

Many were among the first to be approved for a loan in early April,

And only eight businesses had to wait until early May before securing the aid,

All told, the Trump supporters who run these companies have contributed at least $11.1 million since May 2015 to Trump’s campaign committees,

There is no evidence the companies received favorable treatment as a result of their ties to Trump

Code:
    Nearly half of all PPP support scooped up by health care, professional, construction and manufacturing sectors

Figures through June 30, 2020
    Code:
    SECTOR NET DOLLARS LOAN COUNT % OF AMOUNT
    Health Care and Social Assistance $67,356,500,071 506,263 12.9%
    Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services $66,430,801,754 638,221 12.7%
    Construction $64,568,137,994 466,221 12.4%
    Manufacturing $54,002,922,769 229,591 10.4%
    Accommodation and Food Services $42,099,336,178 367,502 8.1%
    Retail Trade $40,355,657,949 450,181 7.7%
    Other Services (except Public Administration) $31,145,678,051 531,572 6.0%
    Wholesale Trade $27,726,783,463 167,237 5.3%
    Administrative, Support, Waste Management and Remediation Services $26,482,972,198 240,947 5.1%
    Transportation and Warehousing $17,088,399,318 191,609 3.3%
    Real Estate and Rental and Leasing $15,631,026,225 245,697 3.0%

NewsMax, which was approved for a loan up to $5 million on April 13, the data shows. NewsMax CEO Christopher Ruddy has donated $525,000 to political committees supporting Trump,

Muy Brands, a San Antonio, Texas-based company that operates Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Wendy’s franchises, was approved for a loan worth between $5 million and $10 million. Its owner, James Bodenstedt, has donated $672,570 to Trump

Mi Cocina chain, was approved for between $5 million and $10 million. Ray Washburne, one of the company’s founders, was vice chairman of the Trump Victory Committee in 2016 and donated $100,000

https://apnews.com/00a34243825661313...sIbsDK7aHZg5Ts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least $1.4 billion in tax-funded COVID-19 relief has gone to tax-exempt Catholic church

The U.S. Roman Catholic Church got at least $1.4 billion in those loans

"with many millions going to dioceses that have paid huge settlements or

sought bankruptcy protection because of clergy sexual abuse cover-ups."

The AP has found that the Catholic Church

got between $1.4 billion and at least $3.5 billion from the program,

split among at least 3,500 forgivable loans to dioceses, parishes, schools, and other church programs.

The report found that the church, by

"aggressively promoting the payroll program and marshaling resources to help affiliates navigate its shifting rules,"

"The government grants special dispensation, and that creates a kind of structural favoritism,"

"And that favoritism was worth billions of dollars."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1959689

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    always trying to get the big picture, reading everything I can

CARES, conceived in March, was based on the pandemic being essentially no longer an economic impediment by August.

CARES was to carry the country through to the "effective" end of the pandemic

Since that's not the case, one view is that CARES was wasted, since during the CARES months, the pandemic was not only not decreasing, but thanks to Repug MISgoverance WORSENING beyond what was known in March.

So now a couple weeks from ending the CARES unemployment support, there is still a worse need for another CARES Act, like the HEROES Act killed by Moscow Mitch.

The stock market and Capital, the controlling priority for Congress, must see now that Capital will LOSE capital if not given more from Congress.

btw, apparently, poverty went down under CARES, even as unemployment exploded, because Labor that works for poverty wages, was temporarily lifted out of poverty $600/week = $15/hour for 40 hours
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-12-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Thread Information