Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican Senators not wanting you to get $600 per week while they make $3k per week, plus free flights, free health-care and a nice golden parachute when they retire
    I bet their lunch is free too.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican Senators not wanting you to get $600 per week while they make $3k per week, plus free flights, free health-care and a nice golden parachute when they retire
    They should get free trips to the guillotine too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chippity-choppity, your heads are my property

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash prepares EO(s) to suspend payroll taxes, as the oligarchy wants to kill SS and force everybody into BigFinance's vampire squid tentacles.
    #free 2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a scheme by McConnel and Trash to have some executive order "I Saved The Day" incoming spout by Trash?

As he signs a bill making the 600 a week good for one or two weeks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a scheme by McConnel and Trash to have some executive order "I Saved The Day" incoming spout by Trash?

As he signs a bill making the 600 a week good for one or two weeks?
    He will pretty much going to try to buy up the election, that's how desperate things have gotten...

$600/week until the end of the year, suspend student loans until the end of the year, basically #free everywhere...

Then he's going to get sued because only Congress can actually manage spending, and play the victim card on Joe and "the radical left".

Thankfully, elections are 90 days away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    five days ago Grassley said Trump didn't have the power to do this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    declared states of emergency make the situation murky

A close read of the core emergency statutes makes apparent that Congress has delegated considerable power to the president in times of national crisis. Thus far, the Trump administration’s response to the pandemic has been characterized by broad presidential invocations of statutes without full enumerations of their potentially applicable provisions, as well as delegation of discretionary decision-making authority to agencies. But many more emergency authorities remain at its disposal.
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/federal-...dress-covid-19

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash 2nd term vote-buying :

$300/week Federal + $100/week state for unemployed through year end.

The stupid doesn't know the states cannot supply $100/week, cannot run deficits.

Where is Trash gonna get $300 x 21M = $6B/week? x 20 weeks?

no payroll taxes for $100K salary or less (oligarchy strategy to kill FDR SS and LBJ Medicare), totally useless to people making less that $15/hour, the very people who will need SS and Medicare at retirement

eviction moratorium extended

student loan payments deferred
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-08-2020 at 05:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't monetize hacks... anything we didn't already hear about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash 2nd term vote-buying :

$300/week Federal + $100/week state for unemployed through year end.

The stupid doesn't know the states cannot supply $100/week, cannot run deficits.

Where is Trash gonna get $300 x 21M = $6B/week? x 20 weeks?

no payroll taxes for $100K salary or less (oligarchy strategy to kill FDR SS and LBJ Medicare), totally useless to people making less that $15/hour, the very people who will need SS and Medicare at retirement

eviction moratorium extended

student loan payments deferred
    Sounds like a decent short term solution till congress gets their together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The payroll taxes is a gimmick though... notice how it's a deferral, he has no authority to stop collection.

In other words, companies are not going to stop collecting from paychecks since the bulk is due come January. This basically gives companies a bundle of money to invest with for 4 months, doesn't help the employees at all, and obviously doesn't help the unemployed whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The payroll taxes is a gimmick though... notice how it's a deferral, he has no authority to stop collection.

In other words, companies are not going to stop collecting from paychecks since the bulk is due come January. This basically gives companies a bundle of money to invest with for 4 months, doesn't help the employees at all, and obviously doesn't help the unemployed whatsoever.
    boy, those companies are gonna make a freaking windfall bundle investing that money at basically zero percent. Sorry, I haven't read the details. Is it really deferred a not eliminated for x amount of time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boy, those companies are gonna make a freaking windfall bundle investing that money at basically zero percent. Sorry, I haven't read the details. Is it really deferred a not eliminated for x amount of time?
    It's deferred. Only Congress can eliminate taxes.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The house passed a bill I May, and Cocaine Mitch said last week he’d support anything in the senate that Trump and Pelosi can agree to.

Republicans would be going ballistic if Obama signed executive orders to avoid having to compromise with Congress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The house passed a bill I May, and Cocaine Mitch said last week he’d support anything in the senate that Trump and Pelosi can agree to.

Republicans would be going ballistic if Obama signed executive orders to avoid having to compromise with Congress.
    He was black and hated America tho

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Trump knew that most American voters wanted what the house passed, not what his administration was peddling, thus Pelosi would have ultimately won the Mexican standoff. Anyone should see his bull executive orders as a threat to democracy, a standoff between congress/the president where one side eventually caves to political pressure is how Democracy is supposed to work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump knew that most American voters wanted what the house passed, not what his administration was peddling, thus Pelosi would have ultimately won the Mexican standoff. Anyone should see his bull executive orders as a threat to democracy, a standoff between congress/the president where one side eventually caves to political pressure is how Democracy is supposed to work.
    Also puts extra burden on each states to pony up the extra 100.

This guy is such a piece of monster.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Also puts extra burden on each states to pony up the extra 100.

This guy is such a piece of monster.
    A lot of the states just won’t put it up because they can’t afford it - including most of his red states. You really think West Virginia has the budget to pay its unemployed white trash an extra $100 a month

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC ready to let Trump govern by diktat. So much for enumerated powers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Krugman:

helping the unemployed during an economic downturn not only helps those who are out of work — it also benefits the economy on the whole.

the “
    coronavirus recession of 2020” will become even worse if unemployed Americans don’t receive the help that they need.

“I’m not sure how many people realize just how much deeper the coronavirus recession of 2020 could have been,” Krugman explains.

“Obviously it was terrible:
    employment plunged, and
    real GDP fell by around 10%.

Almost all of that, however, reflected the direct effects of the pandemic, which forced much of the economy into lockdown.

What didn’t happen was a major second round of job losses driven by plunging consumer demand.

Millions of workers lost their regular incomes;

without federal aid, they would have been forced to slash spending, causing millions more to lose their jobs.”

with that federal aid having expired, Krugman adds, the “coronavirus slump” could deepen and go from bad to worse.

“The suffering among cut-off families will be immense,

“How big will this damage be? I’ve been doing the math, and it’s terrifying.”

the mostly low-wage workers whose benefits have just been terminated can’t blunt the impact by drawing on savings or borrowing against assets.

So, their spending will fall by a lot.

Evidence on the initial effects of emergency aid suggests that

the end of benefits will push overall consumer spending — the main driver of the economy — down by more than 4 %….

The expiration of emergency aid could produce a 4% to 5% fall in GDP.

the coronavirus pandemic decreased GDP by “around 10%” in the U.S. — and without help for the unemployed, it will fall even more.

another shock, a sort of economic second wave, almost as severe in monetary terms as the first,”

unlike the pandemic,

this shock will be entirely self-generated, brought on by the fecklessness of President Trump and —

let’s give credit where it’s due — Mitch McConnell,

the “coronavirus recession” might inflict more long-term damage on the U.S. economy.

we seem to be headed for a Greater Recession — a worse slump than 2007-2009, overlaid on the coronavirus slump.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/nobel-economist-says-hes-done-the-math-and-the-risk-trump-and-mcconnell-pose-to-the-economy-is-terrifying/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5149

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/06/o...e=articleShare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC ready to let Trump govern by diktat. So much for enumerated powers.
    Winehole ready to starve millions of unemployed people to make a message board point. Congress is dysfunctional.

Thread Information