Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Thanks for the stats, and this probably proves my point that millennials really aren't the progressive hive mind they're advertised to be. Per my response to Spurraider, the majority still favor capitalism. The majority of white millennials voted for Trump. According to this article, many millennials are in favor of small government:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolin.../#ff898ad89c2d
    The stats provide that millennial BernieBros aren’t to blame for Trump winning.

The rust belt boomers who were re ed enough to believe Trump was actually going to bring manufacturing jobs back get the credit for that sandwich.

The Braindead black boomers like spear chucking Donna Brazile also get credit for it for nominating Hillary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the white boomer is a rich asshole who’s mind you’re never going to change, yet somehow millennials are worse than boomers?
    I never said millennials are worse than boomers. I'm saying that millennials had control of their fate in the 2016 election and didn't show up to outvote boomers. And on the changing minds point, I don't think you're going to change the Ben Shapiros of the world minds either. So millennial republicans are the same in this regard. That's why I frame this issue as right/left rather than generational. There's millions of boomers and Xers who share the liberal millennial point-of-view in this regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The rust belt boomers who were re ed enough to believe Trump was actually going to bring manufacturing jobs back get the credit for that sandwich.

The Braindead black boomers like spear chucking Donna Brazile also get credit for it for nominating Hillary.
    So the 51 percent of white millennials who voted for Trump are off the hook? Also, per your stats, 87% of Bernie Bros voted for Hillary. How about that other 13 percent? Could've been enough to swing the election. Let's also not discount millennials who are completely apathetic and don't vote at all, as the Forbes article mentions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TRUMP is winning in November too so i guess we can expect at the least 4 more years of your incessant crying you ing crybaby.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So the 51 percent of white millennials who voted for Trump are off the hook? Also, per your stats, 87% of Bernie Bros voted for Hillary. How about that other 13 percent? Could've been enough to swing the election. Let's also not discount millennials who are completely apathetic and don't vote at all, as the Forbes article mentions.
    That’s a much lower percentage of white Trump supporters than the other generations had.

I already pointed out that 87% is actually more support than a candidate typically gets from primary opponent voters. Are you saying it’s the Bernie Bros fault that they didn’t come out supporting Hillary at a 95% level that would have been a statistical anomaly?

In the end, it’s still hilarious you want to blame groups that didn’t vote at all over the group that actually voted for Donald Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP is winning in November too so i guess we can expect at the least 4 more years of your incessant crying you ing crybaby.
    See ^, a millennial. There's more Koriwhats out there than liberal millennials believe (not making fun of you or anything Koriwhat. Just pointing something out).

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Sup Joey.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    See ^, a millennial. There's more Koriwhats out there than liberal millennials believe (not making fun of you or anything Koriwhat. Just pointing something out).
    Koriwhat is a gen Xer iirc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all good midnight. i didn't vote in 2016 but a lot of you here(not necessarily you midnight) and elsewhere sure are making the case for me to vote against yall.

you're never right you ing reject.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millennials getting credit for social consciousness like they were the Hippy Movement...lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millennials getting credit for social consciousness like they were the Hippy Movement...lol
    they're all the same commies...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Mono went in deeper than Cubby fantasized going into DOK's butthole.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as voting, looking at the 2016 election is selective bias. The fact is that young people have always lagged behind older folks when it comes to voting.

But Millennials seem to be voting in higher numbers than Gen Xers when they were the same age. Notice the jump in voter participation among 18-29 year olds in 2004, the first election millennials could vote in.

As far as experiences and social sharing, that's really just a matter of technological availability. Gen Xers and Boomers lugged around massive cameras and camcorders on every vacation, and you can bet they'd have shared all of that on social media if it was around back then. It's no surprise that Facebook activity skews older.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure he's on the border

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure he's on the border
    build that wall! lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a much lower percentage of white Trump supporters than the other generations had.

I already pointed out that 87% is actually more support than a candidate typically gets from primary opponent voters. Are you saying it’s the Bernie Bros fault that they didn’t come out supporting Hillary at a 95% level that would have been a statistical anomaly?

In the end, it’s still hilarious you want to blame groups that didn’t vote at all over the group that actually voted for Donald Trump.
    How's that quote go, "When good men do nothing, evil triumphs." I guess we'll just agree to disagree, but yes I'm blaming apathetic voters (of any age) that chose to stay home and not vote. Why am not I blaming boomers the same? Because what is in their (as in older people with money) self-interest doesn't usually align with what is in the self-interest of young people. All a politician needs to say to curry favor with older upper class voters is "tax cut." We know this and we've known this. And knowing this, millennials shouldn't expect boomers or anyone else who will benefit from republican policies to change their minds or vote with them.

And we've known we can't count on Middle America (those "re ed Rust Belt voters" you spoke of) to proverbially "see the light." Again, these facts of the electorate have long been known. You have to just out vote them. Millennials, liberals, or whatever should have saw it coming. Michael Moore even warned about it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hippie movement was a self-serving, trendy fashion fad. Outside of civil rights protests (lead by black leaders, not hippies), their demonstrations didn't accomplish . They got Nixon elected (and re-elected) and they spit on Vietnam soldiers. Protests of the past 5 years are far more altruistic and substantive than the hippies.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are we only ranking the modern era, after the separation from the ABA? (American-British Alignment)?
    Because dead people can’t hear us.
    And neither can the Greatest Generation as they are mostly gone or deaf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont see where i called millennials a progressive hive mind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as voting, looking at the 2016 election is selective bias. The fact is that young people have always lagged behind older folks when it comes to voting.

But Millennials seem to be voting in higher numbers than Gen Xers when they were the same age. Notice the jump in voter participation among 18-29 year olds in 2004, the first election millennials could vote in.

As far as experiences and social sharing, that's really just a matter of technological availability. Gen Xers and Boomers lugged around massive cameras and camcorders on every vacation, and you can bet they'd have shared all of that on social media if it was around back then. It's no surprise that Facebook activity skews older.
    Seems like when there's a "crucial election," re: Clinton challenging Bush Sr. in 92 and Obama in 08, the 18-29 turnout is above 50 percent. Keeping Trump out of office was crucial in my mind, and that percentage fell below 50 percent, which was a big drop considering how close that election was. So this isn't a "win" for millennials. Unless maybe they really think Trump isn't that big of deal, so carry on in that sense, I suppose.

Millennials still dominate the facebook user demos: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-on-facebook/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont see where i called millennials a progressive hive mind
    My point with that is that the common refrain is blaming those ebil boooomers for Trump's election, when 51 percent of white millennials voted for the s bag, but I rarely see or read millennials taking shots at their own generation. Yeah, I'm sure if I dug, I'd find a few articles about how Charlie Kirk and Ben Shapiro are traitors to the millennial generation on Vox or whatever, but the overwhelming sentiment from millennials is basically, "boomers did it." I think the focus on boomers is misplaced. You're not going to change their minds. Millennials either hope they can convince Charlie Kirk clones or just get the out en masse as the largest American generation and vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point with that is that the common refrain is blaming those ebil boooomers for Trump's election, when 51 percent of white millennials voted for the s bag, but I rarely see or read millennials taking shots at their own generation. Yeah, I'm sure if I dug, I'd find a few articles about how Charlie Kirk and Ben Shapiro are traitors to the millennial generation on Vox or whatever, but the overwhelming sentiment from millennials is basically, "boomers did it." I think the focus on boomers is misplaced. You're not going to change their minds. Millennials either hope they can convince Charlie Kirk clones or just get the out en masse as the largest American generation and vote.
    I never blamed boomers for Trump, tbh... you could blame them for dubya's re-election, and that's sketchy at best. I always blamed Shillary for Trump.
    Last edited by ElNono; 03-19-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white millenials =/= millenials

how about the numbers for millenials, generally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hippie movement was a self-serving, trendy fashion fad. Outside of civil rights protests (lead by black leaders, not hippies), their demonstrations didn't accomplish . They got Nixon elected (and re-elected) and they spit on Vietnam soldiers. Protests of the past 5 years are far more altruistic and substantive than the hippies.
    Occupy Wall Street (although not 5 years ago) followed that same, self-serving trendy fashion fad. The real place that should've been occupied was 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, but it was "cooler" to shout angst at evil bankers, when Barry O didn't do much to change things aside from take very healthy donations from Wall Street. But Barry O was a liberal icon for some reason, so obviously the occupiers weren't going to target "Hope and Change."

What other protests have been substantial? March for our Lives? No change to the gun laws, as far as I know. Environmentalism? This is a major bone I pick with millennials. Little Greta Thurnberg loves to talk about carbon emissions related to transportation, but says nothing about her generation's use of tech gadgets. "Kneeling." Lol. Nothing trendier and more self-serving than that. I'm definitely sympathetic to cause. But you know what would really be effective? Boycotting the in' season. Kneeling and then standing up to continue to getting paid your millions doesn't seem like a sincere gesture to me. Everyone is an "activist" as long as that activism doesn't come with an uncomfortable lifestyle change.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Occupy Wall Street (although not 5 years ago) followed that same, self-serving trendy fashion fad. The real place that should've been occupied was 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, but it was "cooler" to shout angst at evil bankers, when Barry O didn't do much to change things aside from take very healthy donations from Wall Street. But Barry O was a liberal icon for some reason, so obviously the occupiers weren't going to target "Hope and Change."

What other protests have been substantial? March for our Lives? No change to the gun laws, as far as I know. Environmentalism? This is a major bone I pick with millennials. Little Greta Thurnberg loves to talk about carbon emissions related to transportation, but says nothing about her generation's use of tech gadgets. "Kneeling." Lol. Nothing trendier and more self-serving than that. I'm definitely sympathetic to cause. But you know what would really be effective? Boycotting the in' season. Kneeling and then standing up to continue to getting paid your millions doesn't seem like a sincere gesture to me. Everyone is an "activist" as long as that activism doesn't come with an uncomfortable lifestyle change.

Thread Information