Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And of course you could have probably thrown a dart at a board and that stock would have gone down by this juncture.
    But I didn't recommend the stock because it was going down. I recommended it for another reason. You can rodeo this all night if you like, the proof is right there in the posts and dates of the posts. You can nay say it all you like, the money is the same before and after your tantrum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure.

He needs his name so he can get a poor guy's face on here who is not Chump because of the board detectives.
    Then Kori has to kick people off for being idiots.

Honestly, we can never expect a politician to be straight.
    We dont expect it of ourselves.
    Even if he provides a name, how does it prove that's him? Even if Kori says "that's the name associated with the account" it still doesn't prove it's him.

He should know this. Ergo I cannot provide "proof" I sold "all my stocks" and don't care to provide you with anything in fact.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure at least the GOP - if not ALL of congress knew all about this and took care of their own interests $$$
    That doesn't make CuckoldGuy feel better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can attest and prove sr21 is a lawyer, tbh...

That said, these are all typical cases of conflict of interest. The real solution here is that when you assume public office, you either divest and/or move all your holdings to a blind trust. The almost immediate reaction is, who would want to be a public servant in that case? Well, people that want to serve other people.

If a rule like that would cause politicos to walk away from Congress, etc after a while, then even better yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "people that want to serve other people."

an hetical to predatory, avaricious, sociopathic Capitalism

Capitalism excludes humanity

What about Trash and his family?

Sovereign funds he was expecting dark money from?

Who else did Trash tell that he was delaying the Wall St crash until BigDonor could profit-take?

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-20-2020 at 06:26 AM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These crimes should be punishable by public execution, honestly imagine the morale boost to the public. Not even kidding

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty stupid. It's not insider trading to sell a hotel stock because a pandemic is sweeping the globe. By Feb 27th all of everyone who was paying attention knew wtf was coming. I had already stocked our pantry and bought chloroquine by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty stupid. It's not insider trading to sell a hotel stock because a pandemic is sweeping the globe. By Feb 27th all of everyone who was paying attention knew wtf was coming. I had already stocked our pantry and bought chloroquine by then.
    It was obvious early on, to anyone with access to the best information.

The optics are horrible, even if it was legal, which may be debatable.

The Trump party line that the Trump party was having to ape "nothing wrong at all, its just like the flu, everything normal" in public, while selling off stocks in private...

It's almost as if being morally and intellectually bankrupt makes you blind to it.

Lie, lie, lie and then lie some more. smh

You can count though, on the Barr Justice Department to look the other way. Trump would not want the scandal, so he will pull the leash on his lapdog pretty hard to cover up any law-breaking by his Party members.

Wouldn't want anything bad to reflect on Dear Leader, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think anyone saw 1/3 stock to be wiped out tbqh

I also was ready for pandemic late January and all stocked up but I was stocked up for worse case scenario. I didnt really expect it to happen thus why I didnt bother to sell stock

you only sell stock if you are very certain of something.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he provides a name, how does it prove that's him? Even if Kori says "that's the name associated with the account" it still doesn't prove it's him.

He should know this. Ergo I cannot provide "proof" I sold "all my stocks" and don't care to provide you with anything in fact.
    Its a fckn message board of course you can’t.
    But statistically, if you have played the stock game, you have lost before numbnuts.
    When you only provide your winners, you have less credibility for anyone who understands probability.

Hence, you have not really played the game long enough, or you dress up stuff so you can look like some sort of expert.
    Its not that difficult.

Back to the fleeting subject:

You are not a senator with access to meetings AND timing things well. Those are red flags for insiders. They have not been prosecuted with anything. But others with insider knowledge have. And then when people make unusually large moves that are timed with meetings more than once, a pattern emerges, especially with specific moves that were subjects of meetings. Sometimes they lose money because it does not work out but it is still timed su iously. Don’t compare your knowledgeable savant self with people that can access much more info and can most likely act on it much more quickly.

“I did it, so why couldn’t these people”
    This above is trash in so many ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can attest and prove sr21 is a lawyer, tbh...

That said, these are all typical cases of conflict of interest. The real solution here is that when you assume public office, you either divest and/or move all your holdings to a blind trust. The almost immediate reaction is, who would want to be a public servant in that case? Well, people that want to serve other people.

If a rule like that would cause politicos to walk away from Congress, etc after a while, then even better yet.
    Yeah but you're just his alt tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a fckn message board of course you can’t.
    But statistically, if you have played the stock game, you have lost before numbnuts.
    When you only provide your winners, you have less credibility for anyone who understands probability.

Hence, you have not really played the game long enough, or you dress up stuff so you can look like some sort of expert.
    Its not that difficult.

Back to the fleeting subject:

You are not a senator with access to meetings AND timing things well. Those are red flags for insiders. They have not been prosecuted with anything. But others with insider knowledge have. And then when people make unusually large moves that are timed with meetings more than once, a pattern emerges, especially with specific moves that were subjects of meetings. Sometimes they lose money because it does not work out but it is still timed su iously. Don’t compare your knowledgeable savant self with people that can access much more info and can most likely act on it much more quickly.

“I did it, so why couldn’t these people”
    This above is trash in so many ways.
    You assumed too much and filled in the blanks with your narrative.

I didn't say I play the stock game. I said I dumped all my stocks. You built a story from that.

One problem here is that every argument is treated as if the person arguing has a personal stake in the outcome. There cannot be simply an argument based on competing theories.

I do believe that anyone with a modi of awareness would have sold stocks in January or at least early Feb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think anyone saw 1/3 stock to be wiped out tbqh

I also was ready for pandemic late January and all stocked up but I was stocked up for worse case scenario. I didnt really expect it to happen thus why I didnt bother to sell stock

you only sell stock if you are very certain of something.
    You and big market buyers can sell simply because they don’t want to lose anymore $ because they are in need of it elsewhere. They might have a good feeling it will rebound, but they need the $ now. To pay bills even that have come due, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You assumed too much and filled in the blanks with your narrative.

I didn't say I play the stock game. I said I dumped all my stocks. You built a story from that.

One problem here is that every argument is treated as if the person arguing has a personal stake in the outcome. There cannot be simply an argument based on competing theories.
    No I simply asked you for a loser you have experienced in a post.
    Quit bending things.
    Have you ever lost money in stocks. This includes mutual funds of course.

Your defense is a wide ranging diatribe on a much more intimate subject, what it takes for you to believe something as a fact. Again, this is a message board. And yes I am making the assumption you don’t keep cash in your mattress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I simply asked you for a loser you have experienced in a post.
    Quit bending things.
    Have you ever lost money in stocks. This includes mutual funds of course.

Your defense is a wide ranging diatribe on a much more intimate subject, what it takes for you to believe something as a fact. Again, this is a message board. And yes I am making the assumption you don’t keep cash in your mattress.
    I don't have a loser because I didn't buy a losing stock and didn't hold on to a stock through loss. Years ago I got involved in a stock to the tune of a couple hundred K that tanked pretty hard, and I was running up against a deadline. I got lucky when it recovered and I broke even, which was actually a loss since I got nothing for my investment but headache, but I've never lost any notable amount in the stock market because I don't do bundles. I do picks and only during specific instances. I'm sure I'm due for a surprise but so far so good.

I usually have no cash on me.

My investment is in land and guns. I don't track the land value since I use it and the guns have never lost value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like it snagged Feinstein too.

Not being part of the Trump party, she probably isn't on record downplaying it as "just the flu", though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like it snagged Feinstein too.

Not being part of the Trump party, she probably isn't on record downplaying it as "just the flu", though.
    Some pigs are more equal than others

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was only a few years that Congress made "insider trading" a crime. iow, knowing some upcoming legislation / regulation would benefit them and their friends, donors, they could trade freely and legally.

I am sure after that was passed, Congress and its staff has passed insider information to people who traded on behalf of the Congressional people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aon is still a great deal, should recover and it's 100 dollars off (half price almost).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This right here. 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some pigs are more equal than others
    Nah. She should go too, IMO.

Not her first brush with insider trading.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thank Christ, Feinstein is involved. Trump was waitin' on MSM to bring up the subject this morning & jumped on it when the reporter didn't mention Feinstein in the query, just the R's. That was the end of that particular question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Georgia lady claims ignorance of her stock sales

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank Christ, Feinstein is involved. Trump was waitin' on MSM to bring up the subject this morning & jumped on it when the reporter didn't mention Feinstein in the query, just the R's. That was the end of that particular question.
    3 Rs to 1 D

But Feinstein has always been a snake.

Thread Information