Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stopped it at 52 seconds.

Microwave radiation is not ionizing radiation.

The microwave frequencies used in cooking are narrow and designed basically to make water shake creating heat.
    If you think people are going to drive around in vans or shoot these frequencies at targets without a great loss of energy and people not realizing it?
    No fckn way.

So do this. Go to your microwave, put an egg in it. Turn it on for 1 minute and go outside and look at your electric utility meter before and after you turn it on.
    You will find this gadget pulls a good deal of electrical energy and find out your egg has burst. It takes lots of microwaves to cook a damn egg because less concentrated microwaves do nothing, they are low energy and dont react with biomolecules.
    Now you can scream.

Microwaves used for communication are completely out of the wavelength for cooking (by merely making water molecules tremble). They dont cause mutations or in any way do damage to chemical bonds directly. They are low energy waves. They are not as high an energy as the light that goes into your eyeball and hits your retina and allows you to see. They make water shake thereby releasing heat. And they do it pretty damn inefficiently.

They are not anything like UV light, Xrays, Gamma rays, not even close.

https://science.nasa.gov/ems/01_intro

Look at the picture and notice the energy increases as you move left to right.
    Your garage door opener and TV channel changer have more energy than microwaves. The light you see with, that hits your eye, has more energy. What else do you need, Fear the radio wave?

Please leave your garbage on your doorstep. Dont you have a thread for this garbage...
    What? You don't see the hue from the plasma when you operate your microwave? You need more C2F6 if that's the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it won't matter especially when you got literal walking zombies in hordes ting on the streets and huddling up together while shooting up h from san fran to la.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's got some people here going bat . If someone says, "well, you can still take a walk or exercise" someone is quick to rush in with the "you selfish asshole, you're going to infect us alll!!!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's got some people here going bat . If someone says, "well, you can still take a walk or exercise" someone is quick to rush in with the "you selfish asshole, you're going to infect us alll!!!!"
    in that scenario aren't both those people out and about?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it won't matter especially when you got literal walking zombies in hordes ting on the streets and huddling up together while shooting up h from san fran to la.
    Tell it, kori. Testify!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well you would know...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got a call the other day from my buddy in LA i stayed with while out there last april. the dude's first words were, "hahaha yall are dealing with the corona and i read it's as lackland", but the dude seemed oblivious to his own state's huge ordeal fighting this virus. he's delusional and then he went off on me for saying i don't give a about bernie all because he told me bernie was the only one who could save us.

i feel bad for my buddy and his mental state since moving to LA 14 yrs ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you would know...
    yeah because i almost stepped in those zombie's while walking down hollywood blvd when i went out there last year. ing disgusting and way worse than when i visited in my 20's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got a call the other day from my buddy in LA i stayed with while out there last april. the dude's first words were, "hahaha yall are dealing with the corona and i read it's as lackland", but the dude seemed oblivious to his own state's huge ordeal fighting this virus. he's delusional and then he went off on me for saying i don't give a about bernie all because he told me bernie was the only one who could save us.

I don't expect the virus to hit California as hard because, just like Texas, we have a warmer climate, we have a large population, but it's spread out, and maybe aside from San Fran, we don't have mass public transit. If you see how the virus spread in places like China, mass transit was a huge incubator. We're seeing similar numbers in New York, where it's colder, they use mass transit and population density is greater. The virus has followed a pretty linear growth everywhere, and California has progressed from a its first (reported) case on February 26 to just under 1000 currently. Contrast that to New York, first case March 1st (so later) to over 7000 currently. I've read reports that the virus spreads slower in temps over 65 degrees, which is a temp we're near, and should rise to the 70s next week.

I think the fact that the US is such a big country with its really only population dense area (as in a density similar to European and Asian countries) being New York will (hopefully) slow down that exponential curve were on. Additionally, we don't use mass transit like many other countries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect the virus to hit California as hard because, just like Texas, we have a warmer climate, we have a large population, but it's spread out, and maybe aside from San Fran, we don't have mass public transit. If you see how the virus spread in places like China, mass transit was a huge incubator. We're seeing similar numbers in New York, where it's colder, they use mass transit and population density is greater. The virus has followed a pretty linear growth everywhere, and California has progressed from a its first (reported) case on February 26 to just under 1000 currently. Contrast that to New York, first case March 1st (so later) to over 7000 currently. I've read reports that the virus spreads slower in temps over 65 degrees, which is a temp we're near, and should rise to the 70s next week.

I think the fact that the US is such a big country with its really only population dense area (as in a density similar to European and Asian countries) being New York will (hopefully) slow down that exponential curve were on. Additionally, we don't use mass transit like many other countries.
    yeah i guess i'm focusing solely on yalls most dense cities. i forget how big california actually is considering i've only visited small pockets of that state. either way, the two cities i mentioned could be a hot spot to transmit this virus state wide but lets hope not.

stay safe bud

so glad i don't live in austin, tx right now either; too damn populated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah i guess i'm focusing solely on yalls most dense cities. i forget how big california actually is considering i've only visited small pockets of that state. either way, the two cities i mentioned could be a hot spot to transmit this virus state wide but lets hope not.

stay safe bud

so glad i don't live in austin, tx right now either; too damn populated.
    Thanks, bro. I remain hopeful that when the full data sets are in, as I believe many, perhaps hundreds of thousands to even millions, cases are of the asymptomatic or mild type that don't get reported, which will hopefully bring down that morality rate to around flu levels, and then everyone will calm down. Italy for instance was only testing people who showed critical/severe symptoms, so their scary 5 percent mortality rate is likely very skewed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was quick to say that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cool story thanks for sharing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was quick to say that?
    All over local groups on social media right now. Even here where we just started shelter in place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in that scenario aren't both those people out and about?
    I meant on social media. You can call people names, just dont tell them you're going to enjoy the outdoors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant on social media. You can call people names, just dont tell them you're going to enjoy the outdoors.
    lol

btw, it'd be rad if social media was a thing of the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine continue to give such great recovery results subtract 90+% from that number

Then it was all a conspiracy

Plus it's a non-sequitur... this order happened because there's still fools out there that think this is a hoax or they think they can't infect other people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't mind the RG or boutons, tbh... you can and should exercise and take a walk, especially if WFH. The order doesn't preclude that, only affects gatherings.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ 'us'... grab average mortality rate, apply to population, should give you a ballpark number... you do know first grade math right?
    I know you're trying to talk circles around the fact that there is no proof that the fatality rate is laughable for a 'pandemic'.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you're trying to talk circles around the fact that there is no proof that the fatality rate is laughable for a 'pandemic'.
    What's the average fatality rate for a pandemic, since that's your claim?

The Spanish Flu, which was one of the worst recorded in history, was a little over 2.5%. This is sitting on between 1.5% to 8% right now.

This is a strange hill to die on, as this is just getting started on a number of countries, and barring finding a game-changing treatment soon, it ain't getting better.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spanish Flu, which was one of the worst recorded in history, was a little over 2.5%. This is sitting on between 1.5% to 8% right now.

This is a strange hill to die on, as this is just getting started on a number of countries, and barring finding a game-changing treatment soon, it ain't getting better.
    I don't need to debate whether or not it's a pandemic in some sense. This does not erase that it's an over-reaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need to debate
    That's your problem, you never do. You throw unfounded things, then when pressed you fold. Maybe you should work on your ignorance before posting, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ur racist for calling it the spanish flu tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ur racist for calling it the spanish flu tbh
    at least I didn't use the N word, tbh...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's your problem, you never do. You throw unfounded things, then when pressed you fold. Maybe you should work on your ignorance before posting, tbh...
    You've founded nothing for this overreaction. Mirror, bruh.

Thread Information