Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who deal with medical issues on the regular probably don't think to much about this. Imagine you were diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and you're undergoing treatment. Sure you could die if you get the virus, but you might die anyhow. Are you suddenly more worried? Probably not. Eventually you probably suc b to the concept of a finite existence and refuse to spend that time worrying about the end of that time.
    I just don't think this is about being scared, or anything like that. It's about being responsible, at least temporarily, so we can avoid unnecessary deaths. It's simply the smart thing to do, at least until there's a relatively working treatment available or a vaccine.

I mean, we're not being asked for our firstborn, just to stay at home, work from home for a while, avoid crowds, wash your hands, etc. Is it really that big of a deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we should be beyond "winning" for our R/L team. I don't give a about Trump anymore. I'd gladly trade four more years of him if this could end immediately, so I take no joy in the plunging market, his mishandling of the situation, and such that "hurts him politically."

Spurt's broken clock moment here (his concern is obviously totalitarianism, and we are kind of in a "very soft" totalitarianism at the moment) is that his fear of totalitarianism isn't unfounded. No, I don't think it will happen here. My fear, as somewhat related to Spurt's, is how will the fallout from this situation embolden totalitarian/fascist/nationalist movements around the world? "See, China got their spread under control quickly! Totalitarianism works!" Know it sounds odd, but fascism/totalitarianism is "hip" with many of those alt-right types. I'm probably overestimating the size of their movement, but they are going to exploit this to the moon and probably convert many, especially from the nationalist point-of-view. Rising nationalism from this also worries me. "You see, it was open borders and globalization that magnified this spread! We warned you "bluepillers!".

I just see those movements gaining traction like never before after this is over.
    where the have you heard this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nowhere yet, but I'm staying farrrr away from any neoreactionary "redpill" communities and sites. That's why I qualified it as a "fear." I'm guessing that's how they might try to sell their ideology using this.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't think this is about being scared, or anything like that. It's about being responsible, at least temporarily, so we can avoid unnecessary deaths.
    Not how it works. We're seeing the devastation of the over reaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What we're going through isn't unprecedented in American history. It's unprecedented in our personal histories, but the 1918 Spanish Flu was a big deal, and many cities did lock down then just like they are now.

If you're worried about the economic ramifications, I don't think they'll be like a great depression or recession in the long run, because those were a result of a weak economic foundation. Yes, we're going to take a punch in the mouth for a year, but I don't expect 20/30 percent unemployment, mass foreclosures, repossessions, etc, etc because what good does that collection of debt do for the holders when the collection of that debt won't have anywhere to be reinvested because 30 percent of the consumer base can't afford to participate?

This really a different ballgame. I expect a mix of mass bail outs for all citizens and perhaps some kind of one time debt forgiveness law, and debt holders will just have to eat the profit loss, because what good is more profit when you can't do anything with it? Debt holders will be like the proverbial man in the desert with a horde of gold if they attempt to recoup loss because they'll basically put the majority of Americans in the poor house, so your "money" is meaningless in a world that's become an economic desert, so to speak.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's it & that's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's it & that's all.
    I think we're overreacting to the prospect of devastation. We stood tall during the Spanish Flu, and it's a blip in American history, despite being much deadlier and with fewer economic and social safeguards in those days.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think we're overreacting to the prospect of devastation. We stood tall during the Spanish Flu, and it's a blip in American history, despite being much deadlier and with fewer economic and social safeguards in those days.
    MSM is driving this situation to their fullest extent. Having the time of their lives:::the death count is very manageable, so, MSM is able to spin it to their liking & advantage.

They're animalsPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MSM is driving this situation to their fullest extent. Having the time of their lives:::the death count is very manageable, so, MSM is able to spin it to their liking & advantage.

They're animalsPERIOD
    Don't look at total deaths, look at percentage. The count is 13x higher than the flu percentage wise. We're trying to preemptive here, Cub.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't look at total deaths, look at percentage. The count is 13x higher than the flu percentage wise. We're trying to preemptive here, Cub.
    I will remain at total deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will remain at total deaths.
    Cub, I wouldn't you lead you astray, old friend. It's not about death count either way. This is a new virus for humans and thus we get infected and pass it on more quickly, meaning more emergency cases that can overwhelm hospitals. I'll echo Fauci in saying that not all the country has to go on total lockdown and not continue life as normal. You're there in AZ. Warm climate, thin population density, you guys won't get hit much. 79 cases 0 deaths. Problem with this virus, like any virus, it's that it will hit populated areas like NY pretty hard, as we're seeing.

On these points, I do agree that the media is hyping. Middle America probably doesn't have to be as on high alert as New York. It's not even hit us that hard in California, since we're pretty spread out. That said, still exercise some caution and hygiene when you go out to the Goodwill and market.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Cub, I wouldn't you lead you astray, old friend. It's not about death count either way. This is a new virus for humans and thus we get infected and pass it on more quickly, meaning more emergency cases that can overwhelm hospitals. I'll echo Fauci in saying that not all the country has to go on total lockdown and not continue life as normal. You're there in AZ. Warm climate, thin population density, you guys won't get hit much. 79 cases 0 deaths. Problem with this virus, like any virus, it's that it will hit populated areas like NY pretty hard, as we're seeing.

On these points, I do agree that the media is hyping. Middle America probably doesn't have to be as on high alert as New York. It's not even hit us that hard in California, since we're pretty spread out. That said, still exercise some caution and hygiene when you go out to the Goodwill and market.
    AZ has only tested a few hundred people which is why their count is so low. If the Koch brothers they have as a governor actually took this seriously there’d be more testing and more positive cases.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AZ has only tested a few hundred people which is why their count is so low. If the Koch brothers they have as a governor actually took this seriously there’d be more testing and more positive cases.
    AZ boomers concerned about outbreak

https://civiqs.com/results/coronavir...=1584403200000

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you don’t believe the reports of NY hospitals reaching capacity.

You believe this is false because...

you have not been there and either have I.
    I believe the reports of the medical infrastructure reaching capacity and getting overwhelmed. I believe Italy had/has massive MEDICAL problems.

You believe this is false because... people really are NOT sick they are faking? What?

(awaiting a response involving cuck; so some of us respond in kind because it appears it’s the only way to communicate)
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-21-2020 at 09:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? You don't see the hue from the plasma when you operate your microwave? You need more C2F6 if that's the case.
    You can burn things (combustion with O2in a microwave) as well. This involves breaking and remaking chemical bonds. But microwaves do not cause this directly. Please don’t give him ideas. He already is full of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is outlawing people from self quarantining. Doy you even think before you post?

We're trying to keep fascism to the minimum. Do you understand the difference?
    Guess you don’t give a about the health care workers, eh. Kind of a selfish prick right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Landman!!! On 5G and geoengineering!

I trust Matt Landman - an activist who's been doing research on 5G and geoengineering for years - more than you tbh.
    Interesting.

He first goes into how chemtrails are actively being hidden by “them” by changing the sky lighting. Then he goes into how he is basically a real meteorologist because of how much he has studied. Then he gives us info on where he will be next so we can all go listen to him. $

Conclusion from peagarden: he is in the tinfoil hatters entertainment industry.

From about 14 to 18 minutes he finally gets into microwaves after explaining how he has learned all about EM waves. He then explains how tall these waves are. Completely wrong, he is referring to wavelength so he immediately gets amplitude and wavelengths confused. Theses are hugely important features he gets dead wrong. He says microwaves cause mutations. Wrong, no evidence.

Then the studies which have been numerous and reviewed. Which are interesting but the conclusion have been pretty much the same after review: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...2/#!po=0.00000
    Thermal means heat TGY. Read conclusion. This is what I was telling you before

It is noteworthy that most of the above mentioned studies were based on the theory that the effects caused by microwaves are non-thermal. However, a recent report [3] published by the Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks (SCENIHR) noted that discussions about the thermal and non-thermal effects are misleading. Because the frequency of microwaves is sufficiently high that the energy is absorbed, the subsequent heating of tissue becomes its major mechanism, and most biochemical and physiological responses are temperature-dependent. Thus, the committee suggested that in the future, studies should explore the border between thermal and non-thermal effects and that specific effects, such as triggering the onset of thermoregulatory reactions, should be defined.

Oh and some positive effects found after reviewing studies:

Moreover, the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease is 30–40% lower in people who use a mobile phone for more than 10 years than in other individuals. Get Thread and Avante on phones promptly. Because it probably due to the fact they are just actively engaged.

Nothing about these studies suggests microwaves react directly with biological molecules. It makes perfect sense because the electron structure of bio molecules does not absorb energy in the microwave range. Heating effects due to water, we know about that, but it’s not effective in the communication range. In fact it makes perfect sense that organisms should react mostly to stuff in the range that they experience on a large scale, light and a bit into infrared and UV. Below visible, it’s of zero biological use, above visible and more energetic, em waves really are not good as they tear down biomolecules until you get to far gamma that are so energetic and out of range they can travel right thru a biological body without interacting at all. (If the do you will tear apart individual atoms)

This guy makes money from your hits I guess. So does the lady in the cabin slowly going crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't think this is about being scared, or anything like that. It's about being responsible, at least temporarily, so we can avoid unnecessary deaths. It's simply the smart thing to do, at least until there's a relatively working treatment available or a vaccine.

I mean, we're not being asked for our firstborn, just to stay at home, work from home for a while, avoid crowds, wash your hands, etc. Is it really that big of a deal?
    People aren't lined up 300 deep at HEB in hopes of being responsible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nowhere yet, but I'm staying farrrr away from any neoreactionary "redpill" communities and sites. That's why I qualified it as a "fear." I'm guessing that's how they might try to sell their ideology using this.
    It was obviously hypothetical. If SR21 cannot ascertain that himself, he's got a bumpy road ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.

He first goes into how chemtrails are actively being hidden by “them” by changing the sky lighting. Then he goes into how he is basically a real meteorologist because of how much he has studied. Then he gives us info on where he will be next so we can all go listen to him. $

Conclusion from peagarden: he is in the tinfoil hatters entertainment industry.

From about 14 to 18 minutes he finally gets into microwaves after explaining how he has learned all about EM waves. He then explains how tall these waves are. Completely wrong, he is referring to wavelength so he immediately gets amplitude and wavelengths confused. Theses are hugely important features he gets dead wrong. He says microwaves cause mutations. Wrong, no evidence.

Then the studies which have been numerous and reviewed. Which are interesting but the conclusion have been pretty much the same after review: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...2/#!po=0.00000
    Thermal means heat TGY. Read conclusion. This is what I was telling you before

It is noteworthy that most of the above mentioned studies were based on the theory that the effects caused by microwaves are non-thermal. However, a recent report [3] published by the Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks (SCENIHR) noted that discussions about the thermal and non-thermal effects are misleading. Because the frequency of microwaves is sufficiently high that the energy is absorbed, the subsequent heating of tissue becomes its major mechanism, and most biochemical and physiological responses are temperature-dependent. Thus, the committee suggested that in the future, studies should explore the border between thermal and non-thermal effects and that specific effects, such as triggering the onset of thermoregulatory reactions, should be defined.

Oh and some positive effects found after reviewing studies:

Moreover, the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease is 30–40% lower in people who use a mobile phone for more than 10 years than in other individuals. Get Thread and Avante on phones promptly. Because it probably due to the fact they are just actively engaged.

Nothing about these studies suggests microwaves react directly with biological molecules. It makes perfect sense because the electron structure of bio molecules does not absorb energy in the microwave range. Heating effects due to water, we know about that, but it’s not effective in the communication range. In fact it makes perfect sense that organisms should react mostly to stuff in the range that they experience on a large scale, light and a bit into infrared and UV. Below visible, it’s of zero biological use, above visible and more energetic, em waves really are not good as they tear down biomolecules until you get to far gamma that are so energetic and out of range they can travel right thru a biological body without interacting at all. (If the do you will tear apart individual atoms)

This guy makes money from your hits I guess. So does the lady in the cabin slowly going crazy.
    They both have that deer in headlights look.

TGY is selling hits. Don't be fooled into believing otherwise. It's a nutjob pyramid scheme.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People aren't lined up 300 deep at HEB in hopes of being responsible.
    That's people panicking on the unknown, instead of being rational about it. I bet you're not one of those, for example.

I'm not going to blame them, but it's also part of the reason why orders like this, which put the onus on large gatherings, are temporarily necessary.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Imagine how many Alex Jones water filters are getting sold right now? That fatass is probably cleaning up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already know how it works. How can you be so blind? Countries that already went through SARS were much better prepared this time around.

You don't want to be the next Italy, there's a 9% death rate there as of this morning. Even half of that is absolutely devastating to any health system.

Thread Information