Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/season-awa...antonio-spurs/

Not exactly an award winning season but hopefully you guys agree with most of these

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Impoved Player Award: Forbes
    MVP: Forbes
    DPOY: Forbes
    Sharpshooter of the year: Forbes
    COY: Timmy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our best player is also one of our worst players if you think about it. What a sad state of affairs. Where are the Razzies alternative?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Impoved Player Award: Forbes
    MVP: Forbes
    DPOY: Forbes
    Sharpshooter of the year: Forbes
    COY: Timmy
    Pop's Best Knob Polisher: Forbes
    Fake Hustle MVP: Forbes
    Most Annoying Player: Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's Best Knob Polisher: Forbes
    Thought it was TimVP tbh

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best coach: greg flopovich
    most overvalued player: dejounte murray
    player with no balls on a court: lamarcus aldridge
    best 3pt shooter: derozan from downtown frozen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Raza! Great writeup. For 'worst game' there was a lot of compe ion. I've likely blocked out several throughout the season. I get more pissed off about the teams we should beat that come to SA and lay it on us. The Blazer game was 'great 'ti it wasn't' is right. Rudy didn't have a great season though he had a couple very good games toward the end which are more fresh in my mind. This season will be remembered by me as the 'why the is Bryn starting' season. It was curious and I finally settled on Pop knew we weren't going anywhere and decide to help the guy get a big contract for his kids or something. It wasn't for his defensive prowess that's for sure. At least he started shortening his leash as the season went on. Strange. Hope we have some more basketball this season, but I'm not expecting it.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the best player was actually LaMarcus Aldridge, sure, DeRozan put up great numbers but did the team win or player better when he was on the floor? LaMarcus was the one to modernize his game and shoot 3 pointers, and when he was committed to defense, the Spurs usually won.
    Also, an award should go to biggest surprise player:
    Trey Lyles, probably the main bright spot because he showed some life and talent after almost being out of the league. Showed he could play when given a chance by a team and earned a spot over Demarre Carroll. He might not live up to end of lottery selection but he is showing he can play with his good rebounding, shooting, and BB IQ.
    At the very least he is a keeper for next year or a good trade chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the best player was actually LaMarcus Aldridge, sure, DeRozan put up great numbers but did the team win or player better when he was on the floor? LaMarcus was the one to modernize his game and shoot 3 pointers, and when he was committed to defense, the Spurs usually won.
    Trey Lyles, probably the main bright spot because he showed some life and talent after almost being out of the league. Showed he could play when given a chance by a team and earned a spot over Demarre Carroll. He might not live up to end of lottery selection but he is showing he can play with his good rebounding, shooting, and BB IQ.
    Good points indeed! LMA was more of the difference whether we won and Lyles really came to life and kept us in many games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Things are slow so it was a nice read. I remember that Portland loss. I thought Cleveland was the worse (because it meant the end), but the worse of the worse was Hawks. But that Porland game, Mccollum went off on, guess who? Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White is our best player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is still out of control. His individual defense is good, but he's lost beyond that defensively. Offensively, his decision making on when to shoot, drive & pass is non existent. He passes up open wide shots (generally 3s) & drives into the teeth of the defense way too often, without the court awareness to make any sort of pass. He can be good, but it will be a few seasons away IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie's lack of improvement has been one of the season's biggest disappointments. No one really deserves this award. Maybe KJ who went from a 19 year old G-league player to someone who may contend for rotation minutes next year (or even this year if it resumes).

LMA is still our best player. When he's on Spurs are hard to beat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said. Any no talent ass clown can write an article. ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie's lack of improvement has been one of the season's biggest disappointments. No one really deserves this award. Maybe KJ who went from a 19 year old G-league player to someone who may contend for rotation minutes next year (or even this year if it resumes).

LMA when he's on is fantastic, however it's hard not be somewhat disappointed with him this year. More often than not he didn't show up as often as the Spur needed him to. How many times this season could you say "LMA has been on a tear these past few weeks". He was very up and down, had a brutal start to the season, although he did improve. He barely had ten games with 25 points or more. Not that points are the end all be all with LMA, but he's not an elite rebounder and his rim defense has suffered this season. He's actually down in almost very category from last year. His 3 point attempts were a great sign though.

I don't doubt that when LMA has a big night it tends to point towards a victory more than when DeRozan has a big game, but when it comes to the best Spurs performer/player of the year, this season it's gotta be DeMar.

Yet despite all that, I'd have no issue letting DeRozan walk. Wouldn't be heart broken if LMA left either. You're going to have a very tough time in this if those two are your best players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Raza! Great writeup. For 'worst game' there was a lot of compe ion. I've likely blocked out several throughout the season. I get more pissed off about the teams we should beat that come to SA and lay it on us. The Blazer game was 'great 'ti it wasn't' is right. Rudy didn't have a great season though he had a couple very good games toward the end which are more fresh in my mind. This season will be remembered by me as the 'why the is Bryn starting' season. It was curious and I finally settled on Pop knew we weren't going anywhere and decide to help the guy get a big contract for his kids or something. It wasn't for his defensive prowess that's for sure. At least he started shortening his leash as the season went on. Strange. Hope we have some more basketball this season, but I'm not expecting it.
    Thanks buddy. You are totally spot on. Rudy definitely picked up near the end, but overall this has definitely been one of the worst seasons of his career. Maybe if he had shown up sooner the Spurs would have ben a little closer in their pursuit for the 8th seed.

As for worst games, yeah, way too many to choose from.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are all pretty accurate, which means you'll probably catch a bunch of over it. I don't know if Forbes was the worst player on the entire roster, but he has to be in the running, and the others didn't get big starter minutes. I wouldn't split hairs enough to argue with you.

This team is so deeply flawed. When the worst player is a starter, and both of the two best players have a habit of fading away when they're most needed, it's not good.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lonnie spend most of the season unable to get minutes. Poeltl looked like a monster in the paint, but he also couldn't get minutes. And a ridiculous number of games had Beli and Forbes in to close the fourth. We can argue about which players improved, but I can say for certain which part of this team didn't improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks buddy. You are totally spot on. Rudy definitely picked up near the end, but overall this has definitely been one of the worst seasons of his career. Maybe if he had shown up sooner the Spurs would have ben a little closer in their pursuit for the 8th seed.

As for worst games, yeah, way too many to choose from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those must be some ty awards,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue the DeRozan haters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It says a lot that this article calls DeRozan the best player while also declining to name a best defender, best rebounder, or best two way player. One of the main reasons I've followed & admired the Spurs for so long is because they've been a defense first team... this team isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It says a lot that this article calls DeRozan the best player while also declining to name a best defender, best rebounder, or best two way player. One of the main reasons I've followed & admired the Spurs for so long is because they've been a defense first team... this team isn't.
    It is quite telling isn’t it? To me, the stickiest thing is the lack of improvement from our younger players. Granted they had some injuries to deal with throughout the season but the lack of consistency or growth has been disheartening.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if we had held onto Romain Sato

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy's face in that Bryn Forbes photo
    "oh , Pop's going to murder the kid"

Thread Information