Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It says a lot that this article calls DeRozan the best player while also declining to name a best defender, best rebounder, or best two way player. One of the main reasons I've followed & admired the Spurs for so long is because they've been a defense first team... this team isn't.
    Poetl is an adequate post defender, although inconsistent, and Keldon Johnson is probably the only other defender on the roster. LMA, when he feels like it, is good as well. Perimeter defense, though...yeah...none.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl is an adequate post defender, although inconsistent, and Keldon Johnson is probably the only other defender on the roster. LMA, when he feels like it, is good as well. Perimeter defense, though...yeah...none.
    Are we forgetting that Dejounte was picked at 20 YO as the youngest ever All NBA defense team selection? White's not too shabby, either. The problem isn't that we don't have perimeter defenders, the problem is that they don't play the bulk of the minutes, and the horrible defenders give back what they prevent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we forgetting that Dejounte was picked at 20 YO as the youngest ever All NBA defense team selection? White's not too shabby, either. The problem isn't that we don't have perimeter defenders, the problem is that they don't play the bulk of the minutes, and the horrible defenders give back what they prevent.
    Good points. Murray and White seem to have taken a step backwards this year. Not sure what to blame, there. Neither play with the confidence you might expect. When Murray, White and Walker are confident their games improve exponentially. All three seem to second-guess themselves a lot. Playing tentatively is a killer in basketball. It seems like this team is so devoid of talent that you'd be building up your young guys and giving them lots of space to learn and grow...there's nothing to lose from that, and much to gain. But for some reason we've muddled along trying to win games giving big minutes to guys whose future shouldn't be as a San Antonio Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good points. Murray and White seem to have taken a step backwards this year. Not sure what to blame, there. Neither play with the confidence you might expect. When Murray, White and Walker are confident their games improve exponentially. All three seem to second-guess themselves a lot. Playing tentatively is a killer in basketball. It seems like this team is so devoid of talent that you'd be building up your young guys and giving them lots of space to learn and grow...there's nothing to lose from that, and much to gain. But for some reason we've muddled along trying to win games giving big minutes to guys whose future shouldn't be as a San Antonio Spur.
    I'd say a lot of the blame goes to the rotations. If White is on the floor with DeRozan and Forbes, he can't focus specifically on his guy only, the way Bowen could, because there are too many other holes in the defense and the opposing teams will constantly be trying to switch away from him. That's why I was so excited to see a back court of White & Murray... but sadly, that didn't happen.

Thread Information