Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scott
    Exclusive for FullSportPress.com, not to be reposted without exress written permission.

SCOOP

Spurs Left Holding Own s As Teams Re-Tool

Rafael Hythloday - AP - San Antonio, TX. As the official NBA free agent signing period got underway today, the reigning champion San Antonio Spurs, along with their near $18 million dollars of salary cap space, are left wondering what happened.

With their second championship in five years under their belts and enough cap room to attract a max level free agent and a possibly a second tier player as well, the Spurs have been spurned by all the top FAs, and were forced to settle for clumsy white boy Rasho Nesterovich.

The Spurs were originally turned down by Jason Kidd, who may insiders felt was a near lock to wear the silver and black for the next 6 years. Instead, Jason has a new center back in New Jersey. Word is that wife Joumana Kidd vetoed any possible relocation to San Antonio when Clear Channel communications told the up and coming journalist the best they could do was offer her the drive-time slot on a local Tejano station.

Not even bothering to try the Puffy Taco combo plate, Jermaine O'Neal then cancelled his trip to San Antonio, prefering to stay in tropical Indianapolis.

Now, just as it appeared the Spurs would lasso in a second superstar to ensure the Spurs would be le-favorites for years to come, Elton Brand has chosen to also say "Thanks, but no thanks" to the jewel of South Texas in favor of Miami and a handful of chicks in bikinis.

With the Spur's treasured potato eating honkey, Rasho Nesterrible, all wrapped up, the Spurs now set their sights on Clippers Swingman and High Times Magazine Spokesperson, Lamar Odom. But things don't look good on that front either.

When asked if he'd consider lining up to the two-time MVP in San Antonio, Lamar Odom was reported as saying "I'd rather get another league suspension than have to play more than two games a year in that hole."

Without even being asked to elaborate, Odom went on to say "Why would I want to waste my career away in that flea-infested two bit podunk town? Until that city gets more development on the southside, no big time playa will want to be there. When you consider that (San Antonio) is filled with a bunch of pregenant pre-teen s, the only major free agent I can think of that would ever consider the Spurs would be Kobe Bryant."

At least that gives the Spurs hope for next year.

ducks
    **** ODOM THEN

Morphgizmo
    Classic!!!

CosmicCowboyXXX
    LMAO!!!!!!!!

Out ingStanding!!!!!!

Shelly

ImFromBeijing
    Another classic piece of work!

Good job, my man! :wacko

LittleGeneral
    Almost as funny was ducks' response.

scott
    Mr. Hythloday is a well respected journalist.

Spurminator
    Almost as funny was ducks' response.

Rick Von Braun
    LOL

The BEST part is that Ducks posted part's of scott's article as a credible source in SR.com

feedback.woai.com/ubb/ult...3;t=016173

Oh my God, my stomach hurts of soooooo much laughing

Great job guys!

-R

adidas11
    :p

Shelly

sorry, ducks but....

CrazyOne
    Somebody post a link there :eyebrow

CosmicCowboyXXX
    even better is that Dusty said he already knew that but since it was insider info he couldn't tell anyone...:wink

50 Cent
    ROTFLMFAO @ Ducks

scott
    Dammit Ducks, don't be posting my at SR.com

CrazyOne
    Man, they already nuked the thread... what a joke of a board...

scott
    I went to the site Ducks posted this on and asked that since this was written exclusively for FullSportPress (which of course it really wasn't until I just decided it was) they either delete the thread or give credit to the reporting site via a link.

They chose to delete the thread.

SpursWoman
    OMG, ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

SpursWoman
    ducks, I love you, but are you by any chance related to clubalien?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    or Buddy?

CosmicCowboyXXX
    us tree ers gotta stick together...:wink

Admiral
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent piece of work, scott. This definitely belongs in the "Classic Threads" section after it runs its course.

Jimcs50
    "Holding their own s???" I would not want to hold anyone else's ...so what is wrong with holding your own ???? Scott, is that a bad thing IYO?

scott
    If it meant he'd be on our team, I'd have no problem with Pop holding Elton Brand's .

Thread Information