Page 127 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't pay attention to any of the ridiculous he posts. He already has said all he's here to do is troll so don't expect anything accurate to come out of his account.
    I'm just saying there are other angles of influence with people who don't like death shoved in their face. People can relate to sickness, suffering and disability

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MODERN MEDICINE

The third-leading cause of death in US most doctors don't want you to know about

PUBLISHED THU, FEB 22 2018 9:31 AM EST

UPDATED WED, FEB 28 2018 9:39 AM EST

Ray Sipherd

KEY POINTS

A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lockdowns prove more detrimental.innnet negative effects compared to net positive.

Bwahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahshshshshhshshsjs jshsjshsujajahahahahahahshahahahhahshshahshhshshsh shshsh

I win again

Lololol
    TimDunkem ChumpDumper RandomGuy midnightpulp

Bwahahhaahahahahhahahahahahahahah

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    so much for muh average death stats

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much for muh average death stats
    hnest brker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wishful thinking, you sure do have a lot of grudges.
    Just calling it like I see it. You seem especially prone to fretting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just calling it like I see it. You seem especially prone to fretting.
    I think you mistake my tone, but it doesn't really matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how many excess deaths were there last year, before COVID became a thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's about your tone. It's more about your tendency to take the negative outlook on just about anything if it might drum up some views and responses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For that reason it's a notable point of resistance too. Did you see DMC's coy remark that this year's "total number" of US deaths -- by his back of the tail napkin calculation -- tracks closely with 2019?
    You have some serious reading comprehension issues. First you say I asked a question when I didn't, next you say I compared deaths to 2019, which I didn't. What I did was to say that 20m people maybe have been infected with COVID (according to same sources you folks use), next was to use the normal death rate pre-Covid and factor in the 20m people, how many would have died, and if they had COVID and were counted as COVID deaths through association instead of through cause, the deaths would be about 170K, about like they are now.

Call it coincidence all you like. The numbers are there for you to refute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck, DensoMenso!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like you're missing the concept of excess deaths. No wonder you got it so horribly wrong with your napkin math.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC... mistake... nah. never happen.

That he will admit to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By definition, pretty much zero.

Multiyear moving averages do not tend to change much between years, which is why they are useful in detecting new trends.

Define "excess death rate" from your current understanding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember the old days when a plane crash was huge news and dominated the news cycle for days? This covid is like 5 or 6 plane crashes a day and people don't seem to give a . , look at Sturgis this weekend. 250,000 unmasked bikers shoulder to shoulder exercising "muh freedom". Dumbasses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember the old days when a plane crash was huge news and dominated the news cycle for days? This covid is like 5 or 6 plane crashes a day and people don't seem to give a . , look at Sturgis this weekend. 250,000 unmasked bikers shoulder to shoulder exercising "muh freedom". Dumbasses.
    What people? (genuinely puzzled here)

I do. This virus is going to be the biggest cause of reduced life-expectancy in the world for the next few years.

As for Sturgis... yeah that is some dumbassery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's about your tone. It's more about your tendency to take the negative outlook on just about anything if it might drum up some views and responses.
    More mindreading. I post about things I'm interested in.

If my outlook seems outstandingly negative at the moment, consider the cir stances.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Even here in DC, there's a farmer's market 2 blocks from me that I used to go to for produce pre-COVID . I walked by it this morning and it was ing jam packed with no social distancing. Most people were wearing masks, but it was an open air food market where this virus started in the first ing place, probably not smart to duplicate that.

People seem to ignore what isn't sudden and direct. If COVID-19 was like a virus out of a movie where it sat dormant for 4 days and then led to a a quick and immediate seizure where you puke your lungs out and die, everyone would be taking it extremely seriously.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mask truthers and right wing conspiracy theorists don't care. Not really representative of the population as a whole IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even here in DC, there's a farmer's market 2 blocks from me that I used to go to for produce pre-COVID . I walked by it this morning and it was ing jam packed with no social distancing. Most people were wearing masks, but it was an open air food market where this virus started in the first ing place, probably not smart to duplicate that.

People seem to ignore what isn't sudden and direct. If COVID-19 was like a virus out of a movie where it sat dormant for 4 days and then led to a a quick and immediate seizure where you puke your lungs out and die, everyone would be taking it extremely seriously.
    An open air market is about the safest place to buy your groceries in a city. Unless it's a wet market I don't see the comparison.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Population 331 million in the US
    200k is a drop in the bucket. Consider an aging baby boomer population and I would not be surprised if death rate would increase over the next ten years regardless of any pandemic. Covid numbers are completely unreliable, but even if they were correct, 200k is pretty small to make any slam dunk claim. I think it is plausible, but there are simply way too many variables.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Population 331 million in the US
    200k is a drop in the bucket. Consider an aging baby boomer population and I would not be surprised if death rate would increase over the next ten years regardless of any pandemic. Covid numbers are completely unreliable, but even if they were correct, 200k is pretty small to make any slam dunk claim. I think it is plausible, but there are simply way too many variables.
    No, drop in the bucket is 300 like we see in South Korea, a country of 50 million. Even Japan only has 1000 dead and they're a nation of 120 million with a much older population than us (their median age is 9 years above ours). 200k is a full blown disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC... mistake... nah. never happen.

That he will admit to.
    One thing for sure that won't happen is me asking you for your opinion.

Thread Information