Page 136 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 7567
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lololol

You're posting the numbers as facts when you know they aren't and you can't prove they are...

Your burden and you'll never prove it.

Lololol
    Your conspiracy theory, your burden of proof

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure you omitted it. You clipped only part of your quote and twice omitted the part where you claimed there were never any excess deaths prior to 2020.
    You sure are working awfully hard to deflect. Why is that?

I should have known you wouldn't bother. non-serious intellectual lightweight. A wanna-be try-hard, who bails at the first threat to his fee-fees.

Sokay. I read the notes in the website you cited. I know exactly why you are working so hard to deflect. I think at this point you went looking too, and realized your mistake.

Your tiny ego doesn't want to admit... I'm right. There essentially weren't any excess deaths prior to 2020, because of the way the term is defined and used.

COVID is killing way more people than the official tally is capturing. That is inconvenient for your cult, isn't it?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sure are working awfully hard to deflect. Why is that?

I should have known you wouldn't bother. non-serious intellectual lightweight. A wanna-be try-hard, who bails at the first threat to his fee-fees.

Sokay. I read the notes in the website you cited. I know exactly why you are working so hard to deflect. I think at this point you went looking too, and realized your mistake.

Your tiny ego doesn't want to admit... I'm right. There essentially weren't any excess deaths prior to 2020, because of the way the term is defined and used.

COVID is killing way more people than the official tally is capturing. That is inconvenient for your cult, isn't it?
    It's convenient for him when it's a few hundred more deaths in South Korea. It is not convenient for him when it's 4000 more deaths in Texas alone. And he's rather kill himself than admit his little South Korea theory applied to the US would mean ~40,000 more COVID deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In three of the last four major pandemics after 1918, the US has underperformed the rest of the world.

Trump isn't to blame for the US racial caste system, economic inequality or oligopolistic health care. Nor is he responsible the national ethos that cares more about aggregate GDP growth than public health and saving lives. The pandemic has exposed these systemic problems, unfortunately Trump's leadersp is making them all worse.

Unfortunately also, voting Trump out of office will do zilch to fix the systemic problems that left us vulnerable to SARS-CoV2.

The 1957 H2N2 flu virus caused 1.1 million deaths globally out of a worldwide population of 2.9 billion, or 0.038 percent on a per capita basis; whereas in the United States, it caused about 116,000 deaths out of a U.S. population of 178 million, or 0.065 percent on a per capita basis. The 1968 H3N2 virus resulted in 1 million fatalities worldwide out of a global population of 3.6 billion, or 0.028 percent on a per capita basis; in the United States, there were 100,000 deaths out of a population of 203 million, or 0.049 percent on a per capita basis. The 2009 H1N1 virus caused far fewer overall deaths both globally and within the U.S., with 284,000 fatalities globally and a mere 12,469 fatalities in the U.S.; per capita fatality rates were the same (.004 percent on a per capita basis). But COVID-19 has reflected the reversion to American underperformance: as of August 13, confirmed global fatalities (out of a worldwide population of 7.8 billion) were 749,776, or 0.0096 percent on a per capita basis, versus 169,488 deaths in the United States out of an existing population of 331 million, or 0.051 percent on a per capita basis.
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020...nequality.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the discussion @ the link

This cohort study found that the absolute increase in deaths over baseline (ie, excess mortality) observed during the peak of 1918 H1N1 influenza pandemic was higher than but comparable to that observed during the first 2 months of the COVID-19 outbreak in New York City.
    However, because baseline mortality rates from 2017 to 2019 were less than half that observed from 1914 to 1917 (owing to improvements in hygiene and modern achievements in medicine, public health, and safety), the relative increase during early COVID-19 period was substantially greater than during the peak of the 1918 H1N1 influenza pandemic.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2769236

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Unfortunately also, voting Trump out of office will do zilch to fix the systemic problems that left us vulnerable to SARS-CoV2."

Trash ran on Republicanism but with Trump's rabble-rousing, I-don't-dog-whistle style, but it was pure Republicanism, which preceded Trash by decades, and will succeed Trash. All of his and his Exec actions are pure oligarchy-dicated Republicanism.

in short, Trumpism is Repuglicanism, Repuglicanism is Trumpism.

Trumpism ain't goin nowhere, and if he loses in November and contests, the Trumpist cult mob could start shooting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Unfortunately also, voting Trump out of office will do zilch to fix the systemic problems that left us vulnerable to SARS-CoV2."

Trash ran on Republicanism but with Trump's rabble-rousing, I-don't-dog-whistle style, but it was pure Republicanism, which preceded Trash by decades, and will succeed Trash. All of his and his Exec actions are pure oligarchy-dicated Republicanism.

in short, Trumpism is Repuglicanism, Repuglicanism is Trumpism.

Trumpism ain't goin nowhere, and if he loses in November and contests, the Trumpist cult mob could start shooting

Tbh the only suspense at this point is whether Trump will steal the election or lead a putsch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh the only suspense at this point is whether Trump will steal the election or lead a putsch.
    the dumbass American public has no ing over-fed TV-watching idea of the danger American is in.

on the morning of 4 Nov, the next President will still not be known. Trash will not concede, and start contesting.

Trump/Barr will force a FL 2000 style fiasco, contest all big EC states that use mail-in as illegit, trying to annul EC votes for Biden.

Mid Dec, neither has 270, no election winner

the election goes to the House where the Repugs hold the advantage and re-elect Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update (14 August 2020):::

Trump's Corona Plague dead: 171,446+
    Bexar County dead: 578
    South Korea dead: 305
    Darrin's zip code dead: <less than New York in April>
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 Flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let us proceed..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let us proceed..

Zero, in fact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a moment's reflection, Trump doesn't have to steal the election. All he has to do is spoil it, and the resulting disorder will provide the pretext for his continuance past Jan 20th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a moment's reflection, Trump doesn't have to steal the election. All he has to do is spoil it, and the resulting disorder will provide the pretext for his continuance past Jan 20th.
    I'm old enough to remember when there was a strong taboo about bad talking the electoral process. In 1960 Richard Nixon didn't contest a very close election he was pretty sure Kennedy screwed him out of; he was worried about what it would do to the country if he complained.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the last party to reject the results of an election and go into a years long tantrum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm old enough to remember when there was a strong taboo about bad talking the electoral process. In 1960 Richard Nixon didn't contest a very close election he was pretty sure Kennedy screwed him out of; he was worried about what it would do to the country if he complained.
    Damn. Didn't realize your advanced age. RIP, tbh.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the last party to reject the results of an election and go into a years long tantrum?
    Republicans won in 2016 and still say it was rigged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Nixon was also worried what other politicians would think of him if he went full .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The election wasn't challenged whatsoever by the Dems. Had Trump been impeached, Pence would be President.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The election wasn't challenged whatsoever by the Dems. Had Trump been impeached, Pence would be President.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Give us examples of Dems challenging the election results, please be specific.

Note that generally complaints about Trump =/= challenging election results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give us examples of Dems challenging the election results, please be specific.

Note that generally complaints about Trump =/= challenging election results.
    We just went though 3+ years of Russia collusion nonsense by Dems and the press (redundant).

Did you forget?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Didn't realize your advanced age. RIP, tbh.
    Born in 1967.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    show the election challenges.

Thread Information