Page 268 of 303 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while we to appear to be past the most recent peak, far from out of the woods. still having more than a 9/11 dead per day

daily new cases are trending hard in the right direction, though thats likely because the peak was caused by the holidays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a miracle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ~170 million vaccine shots administered so far probably helps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not my take, is that yours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 473K deaths so far, truly a miracle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 100k cases per day! I bet the virus just disappears in a few weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 100k cases per day! I bet the virus just disappears in a few weeks.
    Praise be to the obese baby Jesus with the orange painted tan living in Mar - a - Lago for this miracle.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden president not Trump.

Your guy was a ing disaster and you're a disgrace for sucking him off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lancet Study Finds 40% of US COVID-19 Deaths Could Have Been Avoided

The British medical journal the Lancet, on Wednesday, published a damning assessment of Donald Trump's presidency and its impact on Americans' health, concluding that 40 percent of the nearly 500,000 COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. over the past year were avoidable. The journal came to the conclusion by comparing the U.S. health outcomes on the coronavirus -- the country leads the world in COVID deaths and confirmed cases with more than 27 million -- with the weighted average of other G-7 nations. So it's not a wildly abstract conclusion to draw: the U.S. could have saved hundreds of thousands of lives if it had just performed similarly to its economic peers.

The report assailed Trump for his response to the pandemic, but emphasized that the disastrous response to the virus's spread was the result of years of destructive public policy decisions on health that extended well beyond the Trump years. From the Lancet: "Many of the cases and deaths were avoidable. Instead of galvanizing the U.S. populace to fight the pandemic, President Trump publicly dismissed its threat (despite privately acknowledging it), discouraged action as infection spread, and eschewed international cooperation. His refusal to develop a national strategy worsened shortages of personal protective equipment and diagnostic tests. President Trump politicized mask-wearing and school reopenings and convened indoor events attended by thousands, where masks were discouraged and physical distancing was impossible."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Praise be to the obese baby Jesus with the orange painted tan living in Mar - a - Lago for this miracle.
    You're a sweaty poster, trying way too hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lancet Study Finds 40% of US COVID-19 Deaths Could Have Been Avoided

The British medical journal the Lancet, on Wednesday, published a damning assessment of Donald Trump's presidency and its impact on Americans' health, concluding that 40 percent of the nearly 500,000 COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. over the past year were avoidable. The journal came to the conclusion by comparing the U.S. health outcomes on the coronavirus -- the country leads the world in COVID deaths and confirmed cases with more than 27 million -- with the weighted average of other G-7 nations. So it's not a wildly abstract conclusion to draw: the U.S. could have saved hundreds of thousands of lives if it had just performed similarly to its economic peers.

The report assailed Trump for his response to the pandemic, but emphasized that the disastrous response to the virus's spread was the result of years of destructive public policy decisions on health that extended well beyond the Trump years. From the Lancet: "Many of the cases and deaths were avoidable. Instead of galvanizing the U.S. populace to fight the pandemic, President Trump publicly dismissed its threat (despite privately acknowledging it), discouraged action as infection spread, and eschewed international cooperation. His refusal to develop a national strategy worsened shortages of personal protective equipment and diagnostic tests. President Trump politicized mask-wearing and school reopenings and convened indoor events attended by thousands, where masks were discouraged and physical distancing was impossible."
    "years of destructive policy that extended well beyond the Trump years"

then....

Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump...

Nary a mention of any "well beyond" folks

Media still capitalizing on the never Trumper energy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC getting sweaty trying too hard defending his disaster of a president.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Still following me around stealing my

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Still reading all my after claiming to ignore me

Watch you reply again.

All sweaty and worked up for your Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a sweaty poster, trying way too hard.
    Offended because you thought obese baby Jesus was a reference to you?!

How easily you get hurt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel bad for the fifty thousand (and counting) murdered by Biden. He promised them he knew how to shut down the virus.

Biden lied people died
    Damn 75k now. Biden racking up the bodies fast.

Biden lied people died

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "years of destructive policy that extended well beyond the Trump years"

then....

Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump...

Nary a mention of any "well beyond" folks

Media still capitalizing on the never Trumper energy.

So you rather cherry pick than take the whole.... ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offended because you thought obese baby Jesus was a reference to you?!

How easily you get hurt.

Still trying. Just breathe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you rather cherry pick than take the whole.... ok
    Seems like the article is doing all the cherry picking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still trying. Just breathe.
    Keep sniffing my ass, fat man, the smell is certainly better than what comes out of your mouth.

Oh, look, your wife, kids, and grandkids are still neglected. Lucky them, how I envy them!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep sniffing my ass, fat man, the smell is certainly better than what comes out of your mouth.

Oh, look, your wife, kids, and grandkids are still neglected. Lucky them, how I envy them!

Melting down now... that was easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melting down now... that was easy.
    Keep smelling my ass, big boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like the article is doing all the cherry picking.
    How so? You pointed out yourself they covered more than just the Trump admin. Now, makes sense the Trump admin bears the brunt of the blame considering the virus showed up right smack in the middle of their one term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genetic recombination is rare. Large caseloads and rampant transmisssion make it more likely. Failure to keep cases down and lack of urgency to protect people gives the advantage to the virus, which mutates and adapts over billions of generations within a human lifetime.

Immune evasion is a thing, I hope we don’t see it with COVID before vaccination gets us to herd immunity.

Recombination commonly occurs in coronaviruses because the enzyme that replicates their genome is prone to slipping off the RNA strand it is copying and then rejoining where it left off. If a host cell contains two different coronavirus genomes, the enzyme can repeatedly jump from one to the other, combining different elements of each genome to create a hybrid virus.

The recent emergence of multiple variants of the new coronavirus may have created the raw material for recombination because people can be infected with two different variants at once.

“We may be getting to the point when this is happening at appreciable rates,” says Sergei Pond at Temple University in Pennsylvania, who keeps an eye out for recombinants by comparing thousands of genome sequences uploaded to databases. He says there is still no evidence of widespread recombination, but that “coronaviruses all recombine, so it’s a question of when, not if”.

The implications of the finding aren’t yet clear because very little is known about the recombinant’s biology. However, it does carry a mutation from B.1.1.7, called Δ69/70, which makes the UK virus more transmissible, and another from B.1.429, called L452R, which can confer resistance to antibodies.

“This kind of event could allow the virus to have coupled a more infectious virus with a more resistant virus,” Korber said at the New York meeting.
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz6mjYsmGna

Thread Information