Page 273 of 303 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    160.75 Massage parlor shootings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    160.75 Massage parlor shootings.
    per day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per one day. Might be different tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per one day. Might be different tomorrow.
    Hairsplitting: distinction without much of a difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hairsplitting: distinction without much of a difference.
    Says the "everything is political" hairsplitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the "everything is political" hairsplitter.
    That's not hairspliting.

Time to hit the Merriam-Webster's, you ing pedant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    according to the Lancet Commission on ‘Public Policy and Health in the Trump Era’, around 200,000 fewer Americans would have died from the coronavirus if the U.S. had treated SARS-CoV-2 with the same level of public health competence that its peer developed nations have demonstrated. As the Lancet Commission concludes:

“Many of the cases and deaths were avoidable. Instead of galvanizing the US populace to fight the pandemic, President Trump publicly dismissed its threat (despite privately acknowledging it), discouraged action as infection spread, and eschewed international cooperation. His refusal to develop a national strategy worsened shortages of personal protective equipment and diagnostic tests. President Trump politicized mask-wearing and school re-openings and convened indoor events attended by thousands, where masks were discouraged and physical distancing was impossible.”
    (Woolhandler et al. 2021, p. 711).
    The scatterplot of Figure 2 throws more light on the issue. On the horizontal axis, I measure the difference between additional public spending on COVID-19 relief of each country (as a percentage of GDP and up to January 2021) and the unweighted panel-average of additional relief spending for the 22 OECD countries (which is 7.2% of GDP). On the vertical axis, I measure the difference between COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 population in each country and the (unweighted) panel-average COVID-19 mortality rate, which is equal to 86 deaths per 100,000 population.
    There exists a statistically significant negative relation between additional public spending and COVID-19 mortality rates. For example, countries such as Germany, Canada, Japan, and New Zealand, which could and did raise spending on COVID-19 relief by more than the average, experienced below-average death rates. Conversely, more fiscally-constrained countries such as France, Italy, Portugal, and Spain, which could not increase additional spending to the same extent, experienced above-average death rates.

Figure 2 Scatterplot of additional public spending versus ulative confirmed COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 population Sources: See Storm (2021b). Notes: (1) average additional public spending (as percentage of GDP) is 7.2% for the panel of 22 OECD countries; the figure reports country-wise deviations from this average; (2) the unweighted average ulative confirmed COVID-19 mortality is 86.4 deaths per 100,000 population for the panel of 22 OECD economies; the figure reports deviations from this average. (3) the estimated linear relationship is negative and statistically significant at 2.5% (when I exclude the observations for the U.K. and the U.S. from the regression).
    https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspe...s-covid-deaths
    Last edited by Winehole23; 03-29-2021 at 08:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figure 4 presents evidence on the association between socio-economic inequality and COVID-19 deaths for the panel of 22 OECD countries. On the horizontal axis, I measure the difference between the Gini coefficient of (after-tax-and-transfer) income distribution of each country and the panel-average Gini coefficient. On the vertical axis, I measure the difference between COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 population in each country and the panel-average COVID-19 mortality rate. The U.S. and the U.K. find themselves in the upper-right quadrant of the graph, which means that they have above-average income inequality as well as above-average COVID-19 mortality. Likewise, Spain, Portugal, and Italy are clear cases of above-average inequality and above-average mortality.

Countries including Denmark, Norway, Finland, and also Germany are located in the lower-left quadrant, as they feature below-average income inequality and below-average COVID-19 mortality. Australia, Canada, Japan, and Greece recorded below-average corona-mortality but have above-average income inequality. Belgium is an outlier in Figure 4, having low inequality but the highest COVID-19 mortality; the reason for Belgium’s exceptionalism may lie in the fact that Belgian public health authorities are reporting not only confirmed cases (which are mostly hospital deaths) but also suspected cases (such as deaths in the community, especially in care homes). We must therefore keep in mind that Belgium’s (arguably more realistic) recorded death rate is not strictly comparable to death rates recorded in the other countries in the panel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re flying even blinder in the US than we ought to be because in the US, the push for vaccinations has pulled resources away from testing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the tally of US combat deaths in all wars since the Civil War will be surpassed in a few months by COVID-19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whoopsie!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ~40,000 children in the US have lost a parent to COVID-19

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2778229

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one year ago today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what the deaths would be if WHO, NIH, FDA approved proven therapeutics. Blood on their hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what the deaths would be if WHO, NIH, FDA approved proven therapeutics. Blood on their hands.
    Ivermectin, perhaps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure glad they didn't buy into all the hype you bought into...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure glad they didn't buy into all the hype you bought into...
    Wow. Really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivermectin works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, really. Just off the top of my head, hydroxychloroquine, your local CVS... I'm sure I'm missing some more, I think we discussed like 10 papers of promising therapeutics that didn't pan out, and at least a couple of Dr YouTube videos...

I'm not holding you responsible for any of that, after all you're just a guy in a message board, and I don't think you had any intent of malice.

I do think the FDA caved to political pressure at times, and that's much worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivermectin works.
    The problem with random statements like this is that it can cause an uneducated idiot to take a bunch of Ivermectin and cause himself some real harm.

This is why the FDA has to come out with notices like this: https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol throwing Trump's FDA under the bus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "essential" means low paid and expendable, tbh

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin's miracle cures. First it was HCL now it's worm medicine.

For the record, I defeated him and his entire family in getting the vaccine.

Fair and square.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ivermectin works.
    Ok Dr.

Thread Information