Page 3 of 303 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ten days ago US cases: 4.6k. Today that is 56k.

If virus takes 2-8 weeks to kill we will see a dramatic rise in fatalities about the same time frame. Cuomo is right to be worried. This has hit a nursing home in the city where my dad lives, prompting the mayor to declare an emergency. My dad trusted me when I said it was going to get bad, but it wasn't quite real to him until now.
    These numbers don't mean what you think they mean. It's not like when someone contracts the coronavirus, magically a new flag is sent to increase the count. There were plenty of people in the United States that were infected and weren't counted until they were tested. I'm sure there's still some spread happening but you can't use that sudden increase in confirmed cases as a sign of increased spread rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the flu kills a lot of people every year. But hospital systems right now are getting hammered and seeing PPE shortages, and that's after most places have shut down all elective procedures. And COVID hasn't come close to peaking yet in the US. Without radical intervention, all healthcare workers are going to be infected as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. & I'm holding you to that (((1k/day total US deaths))) if it don't occur by April 2nd.

Jesus Christ, you're a dense turd-hound.
    I think I said "10 days" yesterday, so 3 April.

Since I know you can't do more than simple algebra, let me try to simplify this for you. Look at the daily ratio of infected vs. dead. The currently "peaking" countries, Spain and Italy, are running ~6500 new cases per day and, with a ton of backlog because they've been ramping to that peak for weeks, 10% of that number (~650) are dying per day. US has a 1% ratio right now, that will peak in two weeks at 10%, yet our daily cases are almost double those of Italy/Spain while we are still climbing the statistical mountain. NYC is in deep deep trouble, it's trajectory makes Italy look tolerable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These numbers don't mean what you think they mean. It's not like when someone contracts the coronavirus, magically a new flag is sent to increase the count. There were plenty of people in the United States that were infected and weren't counted until they were tested. I'm sure there's still some spread happening but you can't use that sudden increase in confirmed cases as a sign of increased spread rate.
    There is, no doubt, a lot of community spread cases that go untested. People with mild cases are self quarantining without getting an official confirmation, and others are going about their business and spreading it without their knowledge.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think I said "10 days" yesterday, so 3 April.

Since I know you can't do more than simple algebra, let me try to simplify this for you. Look at the daily ratio of infected vs. dead. The currently "peaking" countries, Spain and Italy, are running ~6500 new cases per day and, with a ton of backlog because they've been ramping to that peak for weeks, and 10% of that number (~650) are dying per day. US has a 1% ratio right now, that will peak in two weeks at 10%, yet our daily cases are almost double those of Italy/Spain while we are still climbing the statistical mountain. NYC is in deep deep trouble, it's trajectory makes Italy look tolerable.
    No. It's April 2nd. I done toted up the ciphers.

---------

& yes, I don't do algebra, can't make heads nor tails of it. Girl took the course for me during HS & then in College, so, I stipulate to that fact.

I'm looking at the raw #'s and brazening it out, as I'm apt to do on Board & in life. This life tact ain't always served me well, yes, I admit that, but, I ain't stopping now, my fine friend Splits.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes, the flu kills a lot of people every year. But hospital systems right now are getting hammered and seeing PPE shortages, and that's after most places have shut down all elective procedures. And COVID hasn't come close to peaking yet in the US. Without radical intervention, all healthcare workers are going to be infected as well.
    & we let them die because that's just the way it was.

"We can't ventilate them all. It'd be too expensive. And would close commerce. Tote up the ciphers."

But, not Corona.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. It's April 2nd. I done toted up the ciphers.

---------

& yes, I don't do algebra, can't make heads nor tails of it. Girl took the course for me during HS & then in College, so, I stipulate to that fact.

I'm looking at the raw #'s and brazening it out, as I'm apt to do on Board & in life. This life tact ain't always served me well, yes, I admit that, but, I ain't stopping now, my fine friend Splits.
    So when DMZ was reporting that Bryant crash, with an unknown number of Bryants on board, what was your (bend over I'll give you a) raw number?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dale doesn't do wampum

But you can't count doubles and triples at the same time. That's like saying I have four of a kind and two pair and three of a kind in a five-card hand. You've got one or the other.
    I know, but, most people let me get away with it...smart ass.

This may be, about the 3rd time thru the years you've donned me on this . Damn ya!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So when DMZ was reporting that Bryant crash, with an unknown number of Bryants on board, what was your raw number?
    No survivors. Total loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe's got himself, daughter, and 7 others killed by forcing his pilot to fly in weather the Sheriff's office grounded their choppers for.

3 doubles and a triple = 9 deaths
    damn thats savage

is that first responder taking a selfie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn thats savage

they were both livestreaming it so Nessa could watch the embers disintegrate into ashes

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    damn thats savage

No, they're pointing to James Earl Ray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, but, most people let me get away with it...smart ass.

This may be, about the 3rd time thru the years you've donned me on this . Damn ya!
    lmcontrollinao!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corona dead: 488
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 flu dead: 12.5k

I'm using the CNN running count ticker on their channel for the Corona death count. That's who started a running count, so, I'll dance with them.

Let us proceed...
    1000 dead now. doubled in two days. Will double again, and again, and again. Only has to do that five times to exceed the annual flu death count. If it gets to a million or so in the US as some projections put it over the next year, that is about 20 years worth of flu all at once, overwhelming the health care system.

You.
    Stupid.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 03-25-2020 at 10:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1000 dead now. doubled in two days. Will double again, and again, and again. Only has to do that five times to exceed the annual flu death count. If it gets to a million or so in the US as some projections put it over the next year, that is about 20 years worth of flu all at once, overwhelming the health care system.

You.
    Stupid.

Bbbb but h1n1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyup. the delay in testing means it has been spreading undetected for weeks. Been saying that, repeatedly.

The acceleration is kind of expected due to that factor. The sudden uptick in new cases makes it look steep, but the reality is a shallower curve. Even so, this is simply exponential growth. With ed Republican policies like what the Florida and Mississipi governors are doing, we can expect little let up in that, despite the lock downs the rest of the sane, reality-based people are undergoing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Governor Rejects State Lockdown For COVID-19: ‘Mississippi's Never Going to Be China’

March 24 UPDATE to below story: At a press conference this morning, Gov. Tate Reeves said he's still taking a "Wait and See" approach to a shelter-at-home order. He didn't give details of executive orders he says he plans to sign as Mississippi saw the largest number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in a single day thus far.

#Gov. Tate Reeves rejected calls today for a statewide shelter-at-home order, a measure of caution against the spread of COVID-19 being rapidly deployed next door in Louisiana, elsewhere in the United States and across the globe.

#"It is my goal to make sure we make good, solid decisions based on experts,” the governor said in an afternoon Facebook Live address, where he took questions from Mississippi residents. “No one at the State Department of Health has recommended that we have a statewide shelter-in-place order," Reeves added.
    https://www.jacksonfreepress.com/new...-19-mississip/

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't do Hall of Fame, nor, rings of honors, nor MVP's, any of that in' nonsense.

I do ring count. Kobe has 3 doubles & a triple.
    Kobe is a pile of burnt bones and flesh. No rings, not even a living brain cell, nor a proper casket or funeral. Kobe does not exist.

Embrace this bitter truth, and welcome it into your heart.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe is a pile of burnt bones and flesh. No rings, not even a living brain cell, nor a proper casket or funeral. Kobe does not exist.

Embrace this bitter truth, and welcome it into your heart.
    They were selling your .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You.
    Stupid.
    I thought I was on your [Ignore List], RG?

tee, hee.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread, told you not to get over yer skeets. That’s ducks business.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread, told you not to get over yer skeets. That’s ducks business.
    We're at 900 over a 2 month time frame.

If we could get the people offin' the beaches in California & Florida, had not had 'em Mardi Grain' down in LA., & if Cuomo could keep 'em outta Central Park playin' basketball in NYC we'd be a measure less than that.

- "If they don't stop playing basketball I'm going to close the playgrounds." - Cuomo

Big shot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Update (25 March 2020---3:45AM):::

Corona dead: 703
    Obama's H1N1 Flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed...
    Update (26 March 2020---3:43AM):::

Corona dead: 903

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update (26 March 2020---3:43AM):::

Corona dead: 903

Let us proceed...
    Preach, Cubby.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Oy vey ! When Jewish lightning strikes, there will be plenty of goy property to be acquired for cheap!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/priv...n-waiting.html

Thread Information