Page 5 of 303 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    really? only for that?

good grief, dude
    I might feel different if WE ALL hadn't a been ignoring the million+ Americans who've died in this country since the century turned from Regular Flu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your last update was posted about 8 hours ago.

now up and over 1500. that rate isn't alarming?
    Geometric growth. doubling every few days. Wait until it really slams Florida, Alabama and Mississippi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might feel different if WE ALL hadn't a been ignoring the million+ Americans who've died in this country since the century turned from Regular Flu.
    Some pigs are more equal than others. Didn't Orwell teach us that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your last update was posted about 8 hours ago.

now up and over 1500. that rate isn't alarming?
    Frustrating thing is we just don't have good data. We don't know if "new deaths" are from today or two weeks ago (data lag). And we can't reliably track case rate growth without knowing how many tests were performed, i.e. if you test 10 thousand today for 1K positives (10 percent) and test 100K tomorrow for 5K positives (5 percent), the raw case count quintupled, but the actual progression of new cases dropped by half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frustrating thing is we just don't have good data. We don't know if "new deaths" are from today or two weeks ago (data lag). And we can't reliably track case rate growth without knowing how many tests were performed, i.e. if you test 10 thousand today for 1K positives (10 percent) and test 100K tomorrow for 5K positives (5 percent), the raw case count quintupled, but the actual progression of new cases dropped by half.
    baghdad mid on queue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baghdad mid on queue
    ?

I'm just saying we don't know how "alarmist" we should be. Panicking is also detrimental to this fight, and the constant headlines of 84364583 new dead!!!!! flashed in big red numbers on the news outlets are counterproductive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?

I'm just saying we don't know how "alarmist" we should be. Panicking is also detrimental to this fight, and the constant headlines of 84364583 new dead!!!!! flashed in big red numbers on the news outlets are counterproductive.
    If those headlines keep people inside, and self-isolating, slowing the speed of the spreading, that is, by definition, productive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If those headlines keep people inside, and self-isolating, slowing the speed of the spreading, that is, by definition, productive.
    Yes, but we also don't want to increase the severity of symptoms from those suffering from illnesses like depression, OCD, anxiety, (which is A LOT of people) and such, which could lead to higher frequencies of suicides, substance abuse, and the like over this time frame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's the spin? we should err on the side of downplaying because we might cause stress?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's the spin? we should err on the side of downplaying because we might cause stress?
    Strawman. Who said anything about downplaying?

I'm saying reasoned analysis of the situation will go further than constantly flashing scary numbers on the screen in red. And stress doesn't kill people? The entire medical community disagrees with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to Philo this

Stressing people out for 3 months. No biggie. It's just stress. It certainly won't exacerbate symptoms of heart disease, high blood pressure, substance abuse, etc. Oh no. That never happens. Just keeping flashing those numbers on the tv and show footage of tanks transporting the dead in Italy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strawman. Who said anything about downplaying?

I'm saying reasoned analysis of the situation will go further than constantly flashing scary numbers on the screen in red. And stress doesn't kill people? The entire medical community disagrees with that.
    your posting over the last several days. there is certainly a range of models/predictions out there yet you invariably cite the less concerning figures/evidence only.

i'm not claiming any expertise on this, but you certainly have picked a "side"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    covid is more deadly than stress, and i'd rather people understand the gravity of covid than be stress free for the next few months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corona dead: 488
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 flu dead: 12.5k

I'm using the CNN running count ticker on their channel for the Corona death count. That's who started a running count, so, I'll dance with them.

Let us proceed...
    Four days later.
    US: 100,000 cases
    1500 dead.

If rate holds up, tripling every four days.

4500 in four days.
    13500 in eight days
    40,500 in twelve days.

Trump's corona virus dead will exceed regular yearly flu load within 9 days.

You.
    Stupid.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Four days later.
    US: 100,000 cases
    1500 dead.

If rate holds up, tripling every four days.

4500 in four days.
    13500 in eight days
    40,500 in twelve days.

Trump's corona virus dead will exceed regular yearly flu load within 9 days.

You.
    Stupid.
    I thought I was on your to [Ignore List]?

You just like to dish it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because Thread is on your ignore list.

Not going to bother even trying to look. I'm sure it was something stupid.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Figures, you only like to dish it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no, he's right.

you take your potshots at him but then ignore his responses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trying so hard. Sorry, not looking, and not going to bother any more, than ting on your OP every few days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, he's right.

you take your potshots at him but then ignore his responses
    Yup.

How much effort shoudl I spend on an obvious troll, with nothing new or interesting to say?

He is as boring as koriwhat, albeit halfway literate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your posting over the last several days. there is certainly a range of models/predictions out there yet you invariably cite the less concerning figures/evidence only.

i'm not claiming any expertise on this, but you certainly have picked a "side"
    And then in the next post you say Covid is more deadly than stress as if it's medical fact. How do you know this? Talking about picking sides.

As to the bolded, tell me how I've done this, Esquire? I think it's the other way around, with the doomsdayers constantly screaming "Italy" while considering ZERO variables and instead opting for simplistic 1 to 1 comparisons. Do you think this a rational way to evaluate the situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

How much effort shoudl I spend on an obvious troll, with nothing new or interesting to say?

He is as boring as koriwhat, albeit halfway literate.
    you dish it, but don't take it.

if you're going to ignore him, just ignore him, instead of taking drive by shots. forum etiquette, i guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then in the next post you say Covid is more deadly than stress as if it's medical fact. How do you know this? Talking about picking sides.

As to the bolded, tell me how I've done this, Esquire? I think it's the other way around, with the doomsdayers constantly screaming "Italy" while considering ZERO variables and instead opting for simplistic 1 to 1 comparisons. Do you think this a rational way to evaluate the situation?
    your railing about "alarmists" and "doomsdayers" is the same lingo you see from climate change skeptics.
    mannyisgod picked up on that within the last few days as well

do random internet posters like hater blow things out of proportion all the time? sure. and if you're just trying to act as a balance to the "hater"s of the internet, fine.

but even among the spectrum of projections/figures that the experts are putting out, you invariably lean to one end of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "more deadly" was probably the incorrect term. i'm not very educated as to the complications of stress vs covid (or how one would actually measure "cases" or "mortality rates" of the specific brand of stress caused by news reporting of covid), but comparing stress from news coverage to a global pandemic for which one of our cities is now the epicenter seems really off to me

i dont think media-caused stress is going to be crippling our healthcare system in the same way we are already seeing covid start to do here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you dish it, but don't take it.

if you're going to ignore him, just ignore him, instead of taking drive by shots. forum etiquette, i guess
    Hmm. On thought, that seems fair. Ignore is ignore.

Thanks.

Thread Information