Page 53 of 303 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.
    Why do you think the cdc is comparing the spanish flu to covid if the demos are different?
    How can you trust the cdc death count if they are obviously increasing the covid count?
    Don't you find it odd the believe the science rhetoric when the numbers are not accurate?

I don't know the consequences of shutting down the economy. But its absurd for people to be so staunch in their opinion that shutting down the economy and ruining over 30 million peoples lives for "saving" a hypothetical amount of lives.

Is the cost of saving one life a fair trade to ruin another? What about if that person who lost their job has 2 kids. Is one life, who has already had their chance to live, worth ruining 3?

Would not want to be the person that had to make the choice, obviously a no win. This is why it shouldn't be political. The people who blame on one person are not in it for the greater good
    The CDC is an extremely political organization. They've had their pee pee's whacked a few times for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is bull . We might be undercounting but intentionally over counting to make up for an assumption is stupid.
    How is it bull ? We clearly struggled to ramp up testing, and it's not like he's trying to sell you some sort of fact, he's just stating an educated opinion.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is bull . We might be undercounting but intentionally over counting to make up for an assumption is stupid.
    You are an idiot.

Our President and you have a HUGE political reason to undercount.
    Just stfu old man.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now you are entering the realm of statistics and gathering data

my personal feeling is we are most likely under accounting due to the fact that people are dying at home. there are so many pre-existing conditions that can manifest themselves in death due to this virus I don’t know how to get an accurate count.

but if anything I believe it’s under counted
    How can you say that? A person that died with a .55 bac was a covid counted death. And everyone dying has a preexisting condition. All of those deaths, if anything, are over counted as covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you say that? A person that died with a .55 bac was a covid counted death. And everyone dying has a preexisting condition. All of those deaths, if anything, are over counted as covid
    so you use one anecdote and ask me how I can say that.

Think about what you’ve just done.
    and then go find another to fulfill your pre-existing needs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you use one anecdote and ask me how I can say that.

Think about what you’ve just done.
    and then go find another to fulfill your pre-existing needs.
    You are not smart. Everyone who is dying from this has another more serious affliction before they get covid. No one is dying without other health issues. That is not an anecdote. That is a fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The card says moops."

"pretty close" is not exact. No. But if "pretty close" is almost certainly close enough to exact to still draw meaningful conclusions, and formulate good policy, what is the difference?

I appreciate you admitting you were wrong in the previous post.

Hmmm maybe it could be that sick people stayed home instead of getting treatment for other disease since they were told by the government to stay out of the over capacity hospitals that never happened.

Your turn. Tell me more about the cdc stat padding?

This is exactly the reason you will never know. The cdc doesn't know the exact count of flu deaths every year, why do you think they would suddenly have 100 percent actual covid death?

It's sad because they say trust the science, but they don't have accurate data. Probably will make people less trusting of science or vaccination. Which is not good.

They also say the spanish flu is comparable when it is not.
    "maybe it could be".

Support information?

You can filter that from the data by isolating places that didn't have overwhelmed hospitals, and comparing mortality rates of forgone procedures. You have a testible theory there, and one, presumedly, epidemiologists would know about. Why would this be more probable for any given death than COVID, given the confirmed data on its mortality?

As for "cdc stat padding" you are going to have to be more specific. Remember your lack of understanding of data analysis and statistics makes you very ill qualified to reach such conclusions.

And you still did not answer:

But if "pretty close" is almost certainly close enough to exact to still draw meaningful conclusions, and formulate good policy, what is the difference?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-18-2020 at 11:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CDC is an extremely political organization. They've had their pee pee's whacked a few times for it.
    Link?

I think your definition of "political" is being driven by propaganda. "political" = contradicts Trump's lies

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "maybe it could be".

Support information?

You can filter that from the data by isolating places that didn't have overwhelmed hospitals, and comparing mortality rates of forgone procedures. You have a testible theory there, and one, presumedly, epidemiologists would know about. Why would this be more probable for any given death than COVID, given the confirmed data on its mortality?

As for "cdc stat padding" you are going to have to be more specific. Remember your lack of understanding of data analysis and statistics makes you very ill qualified to reach such conclusions.
    there is nothing to support. You are linking any death during this time to coronavirus just like the cdc. Any person with symptoms of covid, and that can be literally anything, is being counted as death by covid. Which is false. I'm not sure what more evidence you need other than going to the cdc and looking on their website how they are identifying deaths. Not with science.

But again, I ask you, how could someone with a .55 bac count as a covid death?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Because they died of covid

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they died of covid
    No. Died of alcohol poisoning. Died of covid is what cdc said. Which is why you can't use their science.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No. Died of alcohol poisoning. Died of covid is what cdc said. Which is why you can't use their science.
    Yes I can. Science knew and he did nothing. All the way back in November.

That’s it and that’s all

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thildren still going on with his anecdote? He doesn't even know how the virus is spread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are not smart. Everyone who is dying from this has another more serious affliction before they get covid. No one is dying without other health issues. That is not an anecdote. That is a fact.
    You are an idiot.

You have used your OWN definition for cause of death.
    Thank you Mr. Coroner.
    No one ever dies of the flu virus, they die of pneumonia.
    Or from a heart attack because they could not get enough O2 to a bad coronary artery, because they had pneumonia...

You really need to shut up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are an idiot.

You have used your OWN definition for cause of death.
    Thank you Mr. Coroner.
    No one ever dies of the flu virus, they die of pneumonia.
    Or from a heart attack because they could not get enough O2 to a bad coronary artery, because they had pneumonia...

You really need to shut up.
    Thanks. You proved the point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. You proved the point
    my contention is we have an under count.

and not for the reasons you show in your faulty argument.

let’s see someone is born and then they die, and they die because they die.
    or maybe they die because they were born in the first place...

you are very persuasive.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my contention is we have an under count.

and not for the reasons you show in your faulty argument.

let’s see someone is born and then they die, and they die because they die.
    you are very persuasive.
    There is no way to have an undercount if the count is already inflated. But all the models have been under estimated, right?

You are right about the last part. Are you contending the govt keep everyone alive forever?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way to have an undercount if the count is already inflated. But all the models have been under estimated, right?

You are right about the last part. Are you contending the govt keep everyone alive forever?
    yes there is a way to have an under count

you are an idiot, which models are you using...

yes I contend that the government is trying to keep everyone alive forever....exactly.

you are incredibly dull.
    put this guy in the Spurtacular column

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link?

I think your definition of "political" is being driven by propaganda. "political" = contradicts Trump's lies
    No by political I mean they changed their approach based on pressure from political figures. That means their advice will be tainted by political pressure based on partisan goals. It's the nature of the Beast. It's like expecting the HR department where you work to be an employee advocate instead of a workplace advocate. They work for the company, not for the employee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes there is a way to have an under count

you are an idiot, which models are you using...

yes I contend that the government is trying to keep everyone alive forever....exactly.

you are incredibly dull.
    put this guy in the Spurtacular column
    There could absolutely be an under count but if you know you have an inflated count through active counting and intentionally skewed methods, you are over counting. You need to prove the undercounting not assume it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way to have an undercount if the count is already inflated.
    If the count is inflated by one unit that should not be included and a thousand that should be included but not counted, you have an undercount. You will stomp your feet and try to change the subject but you will not change that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the count is inflated by one unit that should not be included and a thousand that should be included but not counted, you have an undercount. You will stomp your feet and try to change the subject but you will not change that.
    There is no proof of an under count, only speculation, like the models.....

There is proof of inflation in multiple states. Thanks for the gossip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it bull ? We clearly struggled to ramp up testing, and it's not like he's trying to sell you some sort of fact, he's just stating an educated opinion.
    If you work for me for 40 hours and it was do ented and I owed you 40 hours of pay I couldn't just assume you ed off most of the time and not pay you. I have to do ent it. Undo ented deaths due to covid can't be made up for by fudging the death certificates in the other direction. If you ever been a cashier, your till being over at the end of the day doesn't make up for your till being under the day before. In both cases you're doing something wrong and not accounting for your transactions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I'm totally okay with doing that if there is an accuracy figure tied to it like plus or minus 25%.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I'm totally okay with doing that if there is an accuracy figure tied to it like plus or minus 25%.
    SCIENCE DOESNT NEED ACCURATE DATA!!!

Thread Information