Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Update (27 May 2020):::
    Trump's Corona Plague dead: 102,107
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 Flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed...
    Cuomo needs to added to this if you’re going to try and scoreboard everyone tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see post 1 of this thread

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoreboarding cubby

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    see post 1 of this thread
    OP was months before Cuomo reversed course on sending Covid to the nursing homes to kill all the elderly. Cuomo needs to added to this if you’re going to try and scoreboard everyone tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP was months before Cuomo reversed course on sending Covid to the nursing homes to kill all the elderly.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    In the name of fact checking I must correct myself. Cuomo’s order to kill the elderly came 2 days after OP.

Would make for a much tighter race. Cuomo gets NY and Trump gets the rest of the USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the name of fact checking I must correct myself. Cuomo’s order to kill the elderly came 2 days after OP.

Would make for a much tighter race. Cuomo gets NY and Trump gets the rest of the USA.
    Except that Cuomo didn't "send Covid" anywhere, and Cuomo, much like the rest of the States, were on their own to respond to this pandemic.

I do agree with you that he botched a number of things, like the ventilator stockpile, and he bears some responsibility for that.

But this isn't really a line of argument you want to follow. Cuomo's failure is as much attributable to him as it is to the federal government, that allowed it to happen. They were the backup in case States didn't/couldn't respond, and still botched it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trump hid this for months.

He doesn’t care about you.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Except that Cuomo didn't "send Covid" anywhere, and Cuomo, much like the rest of the States, were on their own to respond to this pandemic.

I do agree with you that he botched a number of things, like the ventilator stockpile, and he bears some responsibility for that.

But this isn't really a line of argument you want to follow. Cuomo's failure is as much attributable to him as it is to the federal government, that allowed it to happen. They were the backup in case States didn't/couldn't respond, and still botched it.
    WTF?!?! Cuomo’s mistake you point out is the ventilators and not him forcing Covid patients into nursing homes? What the did the federal government have to do with Cuomo making that decision when he had the empty USNS docked off his shored and was sending patients to nursing homes instead of there, even as nursing home directors pleaded with him to send them to the Comfort. Explain how that’s equally attributable to the fed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF?!?! Cuomo’s mistake you point out is the ventilators and not him forcing Covid patients into nursing homes? What the did the federal government have to do with Cuomo making that decision when he had the empty USNS docked off his shored and was sending patients to nursing homes instead of there, even as nursing home directors pleaded with him to send them to the Comfort. Explain how that’s equally attributable to the fed.
    They couldn't send them directly, they still needed to send them through a hospital. see:
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ne...es-ship-empty/

And that doesn't mean he "sent covid to nursing homes" These were supposed to be recovered patients. Now, I'm not going to defend Cuomo's order. I think it was misguided too, and I'm glad he reverted it.

That said, the overall lack of PPE, equipment, testing, etc was absolutely inexcusable and that falls directly on both Cuomo and the fed.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    They couldn't send them directly, they still needed to send them through a hospital. see:

And that doesn't mean he "sent covid to nursing homes" These were supposed to be recovered patients. Now, I'm not going to defend Cuomo's order. I think it was misguided too, and I'm glad he reverted it.

That said, the overall lack of PPE, equipment, testing, etc was absolutely inexcusable and that falls directly on both Cuomo and the fed.
    “What's True:
    Due to a March 25, 2020, New York state directive, recovering COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals and sent to nursing homes. USNS Comfort, a hospital ship, was sent to New York City that month to aid the city's hospitals, but the ship's resources were underused.“

glad he reverted it? How many were left to kill?

And he most definitely sent Covid to nursing homes as his directive specifically said patients could not be refused if they tested positive.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    “What's True:
    Due to a March 25, 2020, New York state directive, recovering COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals and sent to nursing homes. USNS Comfort, a hospital ship, was sent to New York City that month to aid the city's hospitals, but the ship's resources were underused.“

And he most definitely sent Covid to nursing homes as his directive specifically said patients could not be refused if they tested positive.
    That said, the overall lack of PPE, equipment, and testing caused no where near the amount of deaths as Cuomo’s nursing home orders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

The hospital ship was a marketing hype bs move

A terrible idea. First they said it would be used by non covids then for copies. But immediately some sailors got infected and they bailed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Cuomo really scrub his website from his order?

Then he's really another piece of just like Orangegutan and just like his stupid brother fredo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, the overall lack of PPE, equipment, and testing caused no where near the amount of deaths as Cuomo’s nursing home orders.
    The amount of deflection to avoid that fact is staggering. "Ya but, ya but... ya but.. I said something about Cuomo dithering but Trump... and the disinfectant injections, that killed people! Trump hid this! Cuomo did as good as he could under the cir stances, but Trump, corrupt! Russia! disinfectant! Golf! yeah yeah 25K deaths in NY but Trump... Twitter! medications! fish tank cleaner! Trump!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “What's True:
    Ah, don't forget:

On top of its strict rules preventing people infected with the virus from coming on board, the Navy is also refusing to treat a host of other conditions. Guidelines disseminated to hospitals included a list of 49 medical conditions that would exclude a patient from admittance to the ship.
    Ambulances cannot take patients directly to the Comfort; they must first deliver patients to a city hospital for a lengthy evaluation — including a test for the virus — and then pick them up again for transport to the ship.

that's why I put the link, so everybody can read the whole thing and there's no confusion about selective quoting.

And yes, eventually the ship was reconfigured to take in covid patients, only to have the first personnel infected the same day.

My understanding is that the order specifically said they couldn't be denied re-admission for that, but that was under the premise that these nursing homes were following the covid directives of distancing, etc.
    But, again, I'm not going to disagree with you that it was a bad, poorly thought out order.

The average numbers for that are an additional 5k deaths. That puts it at 16%. Let's say 20%. Yeah, not even close.

Not to mention that whenever a professional gets sick or dies due to the virus, it puts even more pressure on a limited pool. We should be thankful that a number of doctors flew selflessly from around the country to help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of deflection to avoid that fact is staggering. "Ya but, ya but... ya but.. I said something about Cuomo dithering but Trump... and the disinfectant injections, that killed people! Trump hid this! Cuomo did as good as he could under the cir stances, but Trump, corrupt! Russia! disinfectant! Golf! yeah yeah 25K deaths in NY but Trump... Twitter! medications! fish tank cleaner! Trump!"
    What deflection from what fact?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What deflection from what fact?
    That the governor of NY makes the decisions that affect the lives of people of NY, and the POTUS doesn't make decisions for NY in that capacity. If Texas had 25K dead the governor would be called everything but a white man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That the governor of NY makes the decisions that affect the lives of people of NY, and the POTUS doesn't make decisions for NY in that capacity. If Texas had 25K dead the governor would be called everything but a white man.
    And that's why I pointed out that Cuomo bears some of his own responsibility. That said, it's inescapable that when the governor fails, then the federal government steps in. If there's still failure you can't divorce both from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's why I pointed out that Cuomo bears some of his own responsibility. That said, it's inescapable that when the governor fails, then the federal government steps in. If there's still failure you can't divorce both from it.
    you cant possibly expect him to take that position. he wont be caught dead aligning with chumpdumper on anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you cant possibly expect him to take that position. he wont be caught dead aligning with chumpdumper on anything
    I have not expectations of anything, tbh, I know better than try to convince team players.

Just pointing out that 'but Cuomo!' is a cop-out, even if we agree (and I think we do), that Cuomo has done a poor job in NY, including questionable decisions. Cuomo definitely has his own cross to bear, but pretending the buck stops there is ridiculous.

There's over 100k people dead, and NY, despite being the worst place on the pandemic so far, is really not even a 3rd of the total.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brush it under the rug. The chances of covid death under 40 is less than flu. Post count boy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information