Page 75 of 303 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does it matter if you are tested?
    I will be expected to come into work without a definitive answer. You'd be surprised how many places still don't have any structure in place to protect their workers during all of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've wondered this as well. So if you're tested and you have COVID-19, you what, quarantine? OK, self quarantine anyhow. If you are going to let your boss tell you to go in and kill people because he's your boss, you're a ing child.
    It isn't always that easy. You don't know my situation.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will be expected to come into work without a definitive answer. You'd be surprised how many places still don't have any structure in place to protect their workers during all of this.
    , that too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you guys ing re ed? Because then you know to get in the hospital ASAP the second things start turning bad if you're COVID positive since they can turn really bad really quickly.
    If he thinks he could be positive, he should self quarantine. He's worried about being told he has to go to work even with a fever. Did you even ing read it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't always that easy. You don't know my situation.
    So it's better to risk killing people than to piss off your boss but if you could get a note from the doc, you could get a 14 day hiatus. Got it. You won't get a test just to satisfy your place of employment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he thinks he could be positive, he should self quarantine. He's worried about being told he has to go to work even with a fever. Did you even ing read it?
    Yeah I read it. Amazing that you read it as him wanting to play hooky from work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's better to risk killing people than to piss off your boss but if you could get a note from the doc, you could get a 14 day hiatus. Got it.
    Assuming they would let me take the hiatus without pressuring me.

I don't give a damn about my bosses, but I also have a family to worry about. Sure, I could leave and risk it all (which I'm very close to), but it isn't that simple. Bills will still come in. Good luck with unemployment and/or the booming job market right now too. Again, you don't know my situation, but thanks for making assumptions and framing it negatively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I read it. Amazing that you read it as him wanting to play hooky from work.
    No I read it as him wanting a legit reason to give his boss for not going to work. If he has a fever he should not be around others, period, thus the "why do you need a test" if he already knows he has a fever? The COVID diagnosis is a different subject. If you have a fever, and you need a COVID result before you can avoid going to work, something is wrong in your life. Maybe he needs a COVID test and maybe not. It has nothing to do with whether or not he should stay home if sick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming they would let me take the hiatus without pressuring me.

I don't give a damn about my bosses, but I also have a family to worry about. Sure, I could leave and risk it all (which I'm very close to), but it isn't that simple. Bills will still come in. Good luck with unemployment and/or the booming job market right now too. Again, you don't know my situation, but thanks for making assumptions and framing it negatively.
    Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
    The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. The Department of Labor’s (Department) Wage and Hour Division (WHD) administers and enforces the new law’s paid leave requirements. These provisions will apply from the effective date through December 31, 2020.

Generally, the Act provides that employees of covered employers are eligible for:

Two weeks (up to 80 hours) of paid sick leave at the employee’s regular rate of pay where the employee is unable to work because the employee is quarantined (pursuant to Federal, State, or local government order or advice of a health care provider), and/or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and seeking a medical diagnosis; or

I stopped at "or" because that's all you need. "experiencing COVID-19 symptoms AND seeking a medical diagnosis"

You don't have to have a positive result, but you do have to be seeking treatment.

Does your place of employment qualify?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you guys ing re ed? Because then you know to get in the hospital ASAP the second things start turning bad if you're COVID positive since they can turn really bad really quickly.
    Yes they are ing re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
    The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. The Department of Labor’s (Department) Wage and Hour Division (WHD) administers and enforces the new law’s paid leave requirements. These provisions will apply from the effective date through December 31, 2020.

Generally, the Act provides that employees of covered employers are eligible for:

Two weeks (up to 80 hours) of paid sick leave at the employee’s regular rate of pay where the employee is unable to work because the employee is quarantined (pursuant to Federal, State, or local government order or advice of a health care provider), and/or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and seeking a medical diagnosis; or

I stopped at "or" because that's all you need. "experiencing COVID-19 symptoms AND seeking a medical diagnosis"

You don't have to have a positive result, but you do have to be seeking treatment.

Does your place of employment qualify?
    Not if he works for a company with less than 50 employees or more than 500.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if he works for a company with less than 50 employees or more than 500.
    Beat me to it. We don't qualify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you ever heard of bootstraps then?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not fair. If cdc can randomly assign covid deaths without testing, and specifically state that if you are showing symptoms then act like you have it, employers should have to give you that 2 weeks. Sorry your employer is a dunce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you ever heard of bootstraps then?
    they won't go up any higher, brah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The third reason for EPSLA leave applies where an employee is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and is seeking a medical diagnosis. The DOL clarifies that paid sick leave taken for this reason should be limited to the time that an employee is unable to work because they are taking affirmative steps to obtain a medical diagnosis – i.e., making, waiting for or attending an appointment for a test. If an employee seeking a diagnosis is able to telework while waiting for test results, the employee may not take paid sick leave if: (i) the employer has work for the employee to perform; (ii) the employer permits the employee to perform work from the location where the employee is waiting; and (iii) there are no extenuating cir stances, such as serious COVID-19 symptoms, that would prevent the employee from performing that work. Continued leave is available under the second reason for EPSLA if an employee is advised by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine as a result of the medical diagnosis (and, as a result, the employee is unable to work or telework)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah man it could get really bad. Or like .0000999 bad like science says.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Note Point No. 2 above: small businesses are exempted only from providing leave requests due to school closures and child care unavailability. Small businesses are not exempt from providing leave for any of the other types of permissible requests under the FFCRA. Thus, for example, if an employee has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19, or if an employee requests leave to care for an individual who is self-quarantining, the small business must still provide the appropriate paid leave, as no exemption is available for such requests.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's not dinner time yet, so go back and get your ing shinebox until then.
    Please, that's the kind of that RG & peeg have pulled on me. I thought better of you, bum.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Please, that's the kind of that RG & peeg have pulled on me. I thought better of you, bum.
    Probably kinda awkward eating that ass in a bunker, huh dale?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 weeks and hopefully covid kicks in and takes all the looters & rioters out of this world!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 weeks and hopefully covid kicks in and takes all the looters & rioters out of this world!
    Like Trump and Mnuchin who looted the treasury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update (4 June 2020):::
    Trump Corona Plague dead: 110,171
    Chumpdumper Post count: 110,992
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    110K dead Americans d/t CV19 and the POTUS is hiding in a ing bunker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    110K dead Americans d/t CV19 and the POTUS is hiding in a ing bunker.
    Prob more like 140k with our Confederacy not counting COVID deaths and calling them pneumonia instead.

Thread Information