Page 7 of 303 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol you're on the wrong side of the argument. It will probably hit in March, but I got a couple days leeway if my math model is off
    I just have to stave 800 in the next 48 hours. If I do that I should be able to get to the finish line at less than a grand.

They'll be no living with your ass if you win. At least if I win I'll act like somebody.
    Not you though, you've never had an ounce of restraint. So damn immature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just have to stave 800 in the next 48 hours. If I do that I should be able to get to the finish line at less than a grand.

They'll be no living with your ass if you win. At least if I win I'll act like somebody.
    Not you though, you've never had an ounce of restraint. So damn immature.
    Because every peon and scrub, like you, I just bootstomp.

1k is coming even sooner than my math model predicted. I'm now recalibrating

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Because every peon and scrub, like you, I just bootstomp.

1k is coming even sooner than my math model predicted. I'm now recalibrating
    The old Splitster!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will probably hit 450 today.

Rather than paypal me, just donate directly to Chapman and post the receipt: https://bgcf.givingfuel.com/rcf

I'll drop him another 50 right now.
    Shoot, already sent it to you. Figured to do it that way so you 100 percent know I'm not being a welch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoot, already sent it to you. Figured to do it that way so you 100 percent know I'm not being a welch.
    I got it through PayPal. Donated:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got it through PayPal. Donated:

Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I know I'm carrying his jock (was never a Chapman fan), but the dude is so hilarious and refreshing:

https://twitter.com/RexChapman

Honest:

And his charity is totally legit: https://bgcf.givingfuel.com/rcf
    Last edited by Splits; 03-28-2020 at 02:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, 113,000 have recovered from coronavirus world-wide.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And I know I'm carrying his jock (was never a Chapman fan), but the dude is so hilarious and refreshing:

https://twitter.com/RexChapman

Honest:

And his charity is totally legit
    The NBA basketball player (Rex Chapman)?

If so, he was busted on a felony count a few years back at the Apple store here in Scottsdale, Arizona.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA basketball player (Rex Chapman)?

If so, he was busted on a felony count a few years back at the Apple store here in Scottsdale, Arizona.
    No, your ing neighbor Rex Chapman. Jesus Dale. Your Sun. Rex Chapman. The dude is a ing all star off the court. Read up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, your ing neighbor Rex Chapman. Jesus Dale. Your Sun. Rex Chapman. The dude is a ing all star off the court. Read up.
    Fine, but, he was involved in criminal activity is all I'm saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rant: speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.

Yeah, don' think that's what I'm doing.

You are the one strawmanning, twisting my desire for reasoned media reporting into me wanting them to "withhold statistics." Never even implied that.
    Now you're moving goalposts in addition to getting all emo about being called out for your bias.

You said the media needed to tone down factual reporting on fatalities and gruesome, if totally real, carnage. Now you're twisting that into a plea for reasoned coverage.

You should relax, it's ok to be biased, just own it. You're lowballing everything..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine, but, he was involved in criminal activity is all I'm saying.
    He repented. He's a fine young man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you're moving goalposts in addition to getting all emo about being called out for your bias.

You said the media needed to tone down factual reporting on fatalities and gruesome, if totally real, carnage. Now you're twisting that into a plea for reasoned coverage.

You should relax, it's ok to be biased, just own it. You're lowballing everything..
    No, no, no, no. YOU said that. I never said they needed to "tone it down." I said they need to present said factual reporting more accurately. They can flash the 120K total cases in the US on the screen to their heart's content, but a "responsible" presentation of those facts would look at how the US is doing on the front per capita. The "fact" is the US isn't the most infected country in the world (which is the hot headline right now). As I said earlier, I have little tolerance for simplistic presentation of facts.

You're the one not owning anything. But go ahead and enjoy the sensationalism, no one is stopping you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to Philo this

Stressing people out for 3 months. No biggie. It's just stress. It certainly won't exacerbate symptoms of heart disease, high blood pressure, substance abuse, etc. Oh no. That never happens. Just keeping flashing those numbers on the tv and show footage of tanks transporting the dead in Italy.
    Strawman. Who said anything about downplaying?

I'm saying reasoned analysis of the situation will go further than constantly flashing scary numbers on the screen in red. And stress doesn't kill people? The entire medical community disagrees with that.
    Yes, but we also don't want to increase the severity of symptoms from those suffering from illnesses like depression, OCD, anxiety, (which is A LOT of people) and such, which could lead to higher frequencies of suicides, substance abuse, and the like over this time frame.
    ?

I'm just saying we don't know how "alarmist" we should be. Panicking is also detrimental to this fight, and the constant headlines of 84364583 new dead!!!!! flashed in big red numbers on the news outlets are counterproductive.
    No, no, no, no. YOU said that. I never said they needed to "tone it down.".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've already admitted to cheating to the low side of mortality estimates because you think it's corrective to putative media exaggeration that you're been waving your hands at without citing.

That's biased.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He repented. He's a fine young man.
    Duly noted. I'm glad he turned it around. Surprised it hasn't hit the local Media here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winehole quoting like 4 or 5 posts to prove someone said "tone it down" and none of them have "tone it down" or anything that hints "tone it down". Reporting facts isn't the same as toning down the reporting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime example of arm flailing by the MSM to get clicks:

First death of infant in connection with coronavirus reported in the US
    From CNN’s Hollie Silverman

A Chicago baby is the first infant death in the US associated with coronavirus, Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said Saturday.

"There has never before been a death associated with COVID-19 in an infant. A full investigation is underway to determine the cause of death," Ezike said. "We must do everything we can to prevent the spread of this deadly virus. If not to protect ourselves, but to protect those around us."
    An investigation into the cause of death is underway, Ezike said.

The death of a child younger than one year with coronavirus has previously been reported in China. That child had a pre-existing condition.

-----------------

The intent of the le? To draw your mind's eye to the "no one is safe" narrative by "connected with" instead of "died from". Then they say the cause of death is unknown.

This has saturated the MSM and they are capitalizing on panic and sensationalism while doing the normal song and dance routine to avoid telling you the actual truth, you have to pick the articles apart to find the real story.

Some here latch onto the fear the MSM is sowing and they get pissed if everyone else doesn't see the sky is falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winehole quoting like 4 or 5 posts to prove someone said "tone it down" and none of them have "tone it down" or anything that hints "tone it down". Reporting facts isn't the same as toning down the reporting.
    Yep. Never once did I say tone it down. I'm not sure why he's picking this bone to death so much. Not sure what he gets out of it? I won't do the "we're all gonna die!!!!!" thing unless we really are all gonna die. I'm demanding mainstream media provide a counterbalance to those raw facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MP was complaining about factual reporting in a totally non-specific, hand wavy way.

Reporting deaths and the breakdown of mortuary services in Italy isn't sensationalistic, it's the damn truth.

It was also a preview of what's happening in NYC now, and what will happen in other US cities and towns.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 03-28-2020 at 06:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A Chicago baby is the first infant death in the US associated with coronavirus, Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said Saturday.

"There has never before been a death associated with COVID-19 in an infant. A full investigation is underway to determine the cause of death," Ezike said. "We must do everything we can to prevent the spread of this deadly virus. If not to protect ourselves, but to protect those around us."

The death of a child younger than one year with coronavirus has previously been reported in China. That child had a pre-existing condition.

-----------------

The intent of the le? To draw your mind's eye to the "no one is safe" narrative by "connected with" instead of "died from". Then they say the cause of death is unknown.

This has saturated the MSM and they are capitalizing on panic and sensationalism while doing the normal song and dance routine to avoid telling you the actual truth, you have to pick the articles apart to find the real story.

Some here latch onto the fear the MSM is sowing and they get pissed if everyone else doesn't see the sky is falling.
    Here's a great article by an EXPERT showing how deaths can be recorded, related to your example.

In an autopsy series that tested for respiratory viruses in specimens from 57 elderly persons who died during the 2016 to 2017 influenza season, influenza viruses were detected in 18% of the specimens, while any kind of respiratory virus was found in 47%. In some people who die from viral respiratory pathogens, more than one virus is found upon autopsy and bacteria are often superimposed. A positive test for coronavirus does not mean necessarily that this virus is always primarily responsible for a patient’s demise.
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/...reliable-data/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Never once did I say tone it down. I'm not sure why he's picking this bone to death so much. Not sure what he gets out of it? I won't do the "we're all gonna die!!!!!" thing unless we really are all gonna die. I'm demanding mainstream media provide a counterbalance to those raw facts.
    ^^^more hand waving. there's plenty of detailed, contextualized, nuanced coverage.

Is there sensationalism too? Sure.

Characterizing the news as sensationalism and nothing but is sensationalism too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^more hand waving. there's plenty of detailed, contextualized, nuanced coverage.

Is there sensationalism too? Sure.

Characterizing the news as sensationalism and nothing but is sensationalism too.
    Not on the MSM channels I've seen. On alternative outlets, sure.

So what do you get out of this? What should be my "proper" reaction to this event?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-----------------

The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported the death of an infant younger than one year in Chicago who tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

I suppose they want to make sure it wasn't a false positive, etc., but that's straight from the department.

Thread Information