Page 229 of 303 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You used a strawman argument. Sorry this is happening to you.
    Do Canada and New Zealand suppress information more so than the US regarding COVID?

Thanks in advance for clearing up your begged question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Canada and New Zealand muzzle public health officials, assume control of COVID-19 data and have all public statements about the pandemic vetted by political appointees?

The USA did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did political leadership in Canada and New Zealand hold daily press conferences to spew lies and disinformation about COVID?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do Canada and New Zealand suppress information more so than the US regarding COVID?

Thanks in advance for clearing up your begged question.
    I said countries that suppress information fare better on the world stage. I didn't say countries that fare better on the world stage suppress information. Surely you know the difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said countries that suppress information fare better on the world stage.
    Examples?

(You just ducked two questions to pose an inane riddle, nice work!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Examples?

(You just ducked two questions to pose an inane riddle, nice work!)
    I didn't duck anything. I saw no reason to address your strawman head on.

China

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't duck anything. I saw no reason to address your strawman head on.

China
    Not a strawman, Canada and New Zealand are direct counterexamples. Open governments/free societies that "did better on the world stage."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a strawman, Canada and New Zealand are direct counterexamples. Open governments/free societies that "did better on the world stage."
    That would be true if I said only countries that suppress information do well on a world stage. You struggle with reading comprehension. Maybe you just address what you want my response to say instead of what it says. Had China been honest, they would likely have a lot of deaths and lose face internationally. Ignorance means dip s can simply ignore the lack of information and leave China out of the COVID discussion altogether. It worked. , MSM was even defending China against "Chinese Virus" claims. Now it's taboo to say Chinese Virus but you and others here have no problem saying your POTUS killed 300K people. See how well it worked for China to simply not report?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw Canada had 81 deaths yesterday (reported). China had none and only 12 new cases. Who fared better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be true if I said only countries that suppress information do well on a world stage.
    It's true regardless. Your parsing doesn't change that, it's just more pettifogging.

Had China been honest, they would likely have a lot of deaths and lose face internationally. Ignorance means dip s can simply ignore the lack of information and leave China out of the COVID discussion altogether. It worked. , MSM was even defending China against "Chinese Virus" claims. Now it's taboo to say Chinese Virus but you and others here have no problem saying your POTUS killed 300K people. See how well it worked for China to simply not report?
    Lol you can say whatever you want about China and the China virus. No taboos here.

No one here has claimed China is an open book, but to hold it forth as representative of countries that have done well on the world stage is veracity challenged to say the least. Your inference that the only reason China has done well on the world stage has been because it suppresses information is dishonest as well, their public health countermeasures (city wide quarantines, mass testing and vaccination) have been notably robust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw Canada had 81 deaths yesterday (reported). China had none and only 12 new cases. Who fared better?
    They both seem to be faring well relative to the rest of the world.

Do you have a point here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure he is sorry he stole your schtick.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC completely destroyed. So frazzled he hasn't even mentioned Cuomo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update (22 November 2020):::

Trump's Corona Plague dead: 270,881+
    [not sure about the rest of the data-RG]

------------------------
    Trump's Corona Plague dead (in units of 9/11s): 101.24+
    Trump's Corona Plague dead on 11/22: 1,501 (251 Benghazis & 3 Obamabola outbreak)
    Trump's Corona Plague dead per million U.S. rank: 11th highest death rate in the world
    U.S. Presidents infected by Trump's Corona Plague: 1 (Trump himself)
    U.S. First Ladies infected by Trump's Corona Plague: 1 (Trump's 3rd wife)
    U.S. Senators infected by Trump's Corona Plague: 4 (4 Republicans, 0 Democrats)*
    White House Staffers infected by Trump's Corona Plague: 100+ (conservative estimate)
    Capitol Hill Staffers infected by Trump's Corona Plague: 100+ (conservative estimate)
    White House Officials Gravely Ill: 1
    Bexar County Dead: 1,476
    South Korea dead: 505
    Foldren folds: 5+k
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 Flu dead: 12.5k

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (If 9/11 dead = 2,977 deaths, then we're only at 80+ 9/11s)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true regardless. Your parsing doesn't change that, it's just more pettifogging.

Lol you can say whatever you want about China and the China virus. No taboos here.

No one here has claimed China is an open book, but to hold it forth as representative of countries that have done well on the world stage is veracity challenged to say the least. Your inference that the only reason China has done well on the world stage has been because it suppresses information is dishonest as well, their public health countermeasures (city wide quarantines, mass testing and vaccination) have been notably robust.
    He is pushing that narrative because Ted Cruz is. That is what the less crazy, but dishonest, part of the right wing propaganda mill is putting out these days.

Bash China.

But,

Ignore Trumps mishandling of the pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Corona dead: 488
    Regular Flu dead: 23+k
    Spanish Flu dead: 275k
    Obama's H1N1 flu dead: 12.5k

All of Dale's metrics have been exceeded.

Grim business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're completely lost. Canada and New Zealand are not counter examples. Do they prove that countries who suppress information don't do well on a world stage? Or are they simply not related to that comment at all? Exactly.

the narrative shifts now!

"notably robust" when they suppress any real data... do tell just how you know this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both seem to be faring well relative to the rest of the world.

Do you have a point here?
    China fared better because no one knows how many really died from COVID in China. But note you say they fared well vs the ROTW, proving my point again. Not knowing = assuming they did well.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Grim business.
    Very grim

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Grim business.
    Wonder if we'll exceed the real Spanish flu death count of around ~675k.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're completely lost. Canada and New Zealand are not counter examples. Do they prove that countries who suppress information don't do well on a world stage? Or are they simply not related to that comment at all? Exactly.

the narrative shifts now!

"notably robust" when they suppress any real data... do tell just how you know this.
    Reported in Western newspapers. There are journalists from all over the world in China.

Do you assume they all take dictation from the CCP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if we'll exceed the real Spanish flu death count of around ~675k.
    Most likely sustain another 200k before enough people are vaccinated to slow it down in late spring.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely sustain another 200k before enough people are vaccinated to slow it down in late spring.
    IDK, Redfield says expect 450k official dead by the end of January and it's probably going to take a while to vaccinate all the health care workers much less even start on the elderly. And are we still looking at a month and a half after inoculation before you're protected in full? Sounds like it could be a close call. And especially after accounting for the 'pneumonia deaths' e.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK, Redfield says expect 450k official dead by the end of January and it's probably going to take a while to vaccinate all the health care workers much less even start on the elderly. And are we still looking at a month and a half after inoculation before you're protected in full? Sounds like it could be a close call. And especially after accounting for the 'pneumonia deaths' e.
    We were saying no way just a few months ago. We were also saying we would hit 2k a day in mid December. The fact that all of that was a huge undercount plus the conservative IMHE saying nearly 500k by March tells me that we will pass that Spanish Flu mark or at least get really close.

Thread Information