Page 265 of 303 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 7567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eradication is one outcome that causes herd immunity as defined by you. What are the others, then?
    Having discourse, or a 1-up contest, with Chump is pointless. The dude is a f'n loser!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eradication is one outcome that causes herd immunity as defined by you.
    No. I said nothing of the sort.

an how does an outcome cause something in this case? Show me your flowchart.

How did you get this stupid, derp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having discourse, or a 1-up contest, with Chump is pointless. The dude is a f'n loser!
    still posting about me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You trained Derpcuckular very well to fetch, roll over and play dead ChumpDumper.

Nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CA COVID-19 mortality by occupation:

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I said nothing of the sort.

an how does an outcome cause something in this case? Show me your flowchart.

How did you get this stupid, derp?
    You're blathering. You said heard immunity is achieved when the disease no longer spreads.

This means eradication whenever you have a communicative disease.

But if you have another means of it not spreading, then list it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said heard immunity is achieved when the disease no longer spreads.
    Yes.

This means eradication whenever you have a communicative disease.
    No.

You're too stupid to look up simple definitions yourself, derp.

Wallow in your ignorance.

Cry about your L.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see the slap fight is in full swing again.
    -------------------------------
    When a death occurs shortly following vaccination, it is important to assess whether it was related to vaccination. In 2009–2010, a close temporal association between receipt of the pandemic influenza A(H1N1) vaccine (pH1N1) and 107 deaths (among 15 million doses of vaccine distributed in Japan) resulted in concern about a possible causal relationship, despite a lack of compelling epidemiologic or clinical evidence [1, 2]. Deaths following vaccination have had a negative impact on vaccination programs [3, 4], particularly in low- and middle-income countries implementing large-scale infant vaccination programs [5], even when investigations do not find evidence of a causal relationship.

vs

“Do I think people are misclassifying? No,” Jensen said. He said his concerns centered on what he deemed “less precise standards” for certifying deaths promulgated by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and how deaths classified as COVID-19 without corroborating positive test results could lead to an over-counting.

The CDC guidance says that officials should report deaths in which the patient tested positive for COVID-19 — or, if a test isn’t available, “if the cir stances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty.” It further indicates that if a “definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the cir stances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate as ‘probable’ or ‘presumed.'”
    -----------------------

So herein lies the double standard. Dying after vaccine administer needs to be vetted, but dying after COVID diagnosis can be considered dying from COVID, by hospitals seeking the extra cash. Both should require intense scrutiny. If we weren't using COVID as a political tool (like if we lived in WandaVision world), the counts would only be an indicator of cleared cases and less of an indicator of severity while the vaccine results should be highly magnified lest we cause unnecessary risk to patients.

Deaths of people who were vaccinated should be counted as a follow up action item but should be cleared if the death is unrelated to the vaccine. Same is true for COVID.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take vitamins because they're good for me and my body has a problem of consuming(not the word I was searching for but it'll work) the vitamins I get through eating.

I have allergies bro so there's a lot I can't eat and thus I miss out on certain vitamins I should be taking in. My diet mainly consists of salmon, rice, veggies, yogurts, and an occasional steak. Sweet tea will be my downfall! lol

Not sure because I won't be getting either. I am around others all the time and a year has passed, never sick once the whole year, eat at restaurants every damn day, have gone to events like the alamo bowl and more. I'm good or at least I have been good and here's hoping for another great year of health!

Why are you upset with me? Go get your vaccine shot(s) if that's what you'd like to do.

Not trying to be rude but reading this reply hurt my head.

With that said, I am not scared of vaccines but don't care to participate either. I don't really get sick unless I eat wheat which I am allergic to. Other than that I am pretty damn healthy.
    K

You can stop telling other people that are “scared” of the virus.
    probability says I just get a little sick and again probably come out fine.
    But I would rather not get it, and worse than that, I don’t want to spread it to the older people I know.

if you know you have problems with vaccines then I totally get it, I don’t have a problem with the vaccination and I understand what it is made up of and I understand the hysteria that is unfounded about vaccinations. many people just don’t get the immune system, this is what I have come to understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K

You can stop telling other people that are “scared” of the virus.
    probability says I just get a little sick and again probably come out fine.
    But I would rather not get it, and worse than that, I don’t want to spread it to the older people I know.

if you know you have problems with vaccines then I totally get it, I don’t have a problem with the vaccination and I understand what it is made up of and I understand the hysteria that is unfounded about vaccinations. many people just don’t get the immune system, this is what I have come to understand.
    You have total control over who you spread a virus to. Don't visit the elderly if you care that much, because regardless of your hand wringing here, you still have a small chance of having the virus and spreading to them. Stop acting like others should self regulate so you don't have to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -------------------------------
    When a death occurs shortly following vaccination, it is important to assess whether it was related to vaccination. In 2009–2010, a close temporal association between receipt of the pandemic influenza A(H1N1) vaccine (pH1N1) and 107 deaths (among 15 million doses of vaccine distributed in Japan) resulted in concern about a possible causal relationship, despite a lack of compelling epidemiologic or clinical evidence [1, 2]. Deaths following vaccination have had a negative impact on vaccination programs [3, 4], particularly in low- and middle-income countries implementing large-scale infant vaccination programs [5], even when investigations do not find evidence of a causal relationship.

vs

“Do I think people are misclassifying? No,” Jensen said. He said his concerns centered on what he deemed “less precise standards” for certifying deaths promulgated by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and how deaths classified as COVID-19 without corroborating positive test results could lead to an over-counting.

The CDC guidance says that officials should report deaths in which the patient tested positive for COVID-19 — or, if a test isn’t available, “if the cir stances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty.” It further indicates that if a “definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the cir stances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate as ‘probable’ or ‘presumed.'”
    -----------------------

So herein lies the double standard. Dying after vaccine administer needs to be vetted, but dying after COVID diagnosis can be considered dying from COVID, by hospitals seeking the extra cash. Both should require intense scrutiny. If we weren't using COVID as a political tool (like if we lived in WandaVision world), the counts would only be an indicator of cleared cases and less of an indicator of severity while the vaccine results should be highly magnified lest we cause unnecessary risk to patients.

Deaths of people who were vaccinated should be counted as a follow up action item but should be cleared if the death is unrelated to the vaccine. Same is true for COVID.
    also note people in rural areas and some poor densely populated areas have not and are not being counted. A vaccine is a very acute event and when things happen after an acute event it is more likely to be blamed than some thing that occurs over a longer time span that you don’t even get into the hospital or medical facility for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also note people in rural areas and some poor densely populated areas have not and are not being counted. A vaccine is a very acute event and when things happen after an acute event it is more likely to be blamed than some thing that occurs over a longer time span that you don’t even get into the hospital or medical facility for.
    What's your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have total control over who you spread a virus to. Don't visit the elderly if you care that much, because regardless of your hand wringing here, you still have a small chance of having the virus and spreading to them. Stop acting like others should self regulate so you don't have to.
    Yes you do have control but not total control. you still visit your grandad because you are careful about who you see and where are you go. It also matters to the elderly to have visitors that they have had a Long relationship with. The vaccination also has risks of still being able to spread it so you were saying never see them again.

that’s like shutting down all the businesses we know can still stay open due to having mask rules distance rules etc.

this is again a misunderstanding of probability.
    we know much more about how this virus is spread now and we won’t know even more in the future so make adjustments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your point?
    your implication in the last sentence in which you left this out, would you like to add it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you do have control but not total control. you still visit your grandad because you are careful about who you see and where are you go.
    You can't control who you visit?
    It also matters to the elderly to have visitors that they have had a Long relationship with. The vaccination also has risks and still being able to spread it so you were saying never see them again.
    It's in your control.
    that’s like shutting down all the businesses we know can still stay open due to having mask rules distance rules etc.
    Still in your control. You're playing an odds game and pretending you don't want to. The bottom line is that you make the decision that the odds are worth it, but don't want anyone else making that decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your implication in the last sentence in which you left this out, would you like to add it?
    What point were you making? Can you summarize in a couple sentences?

I was saying use consistent standards. You're saying what exactly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What point were you making? Can you summarize in a couple sentences?

I was saying use consistent standards. You're saying what exactly?
    You imply overcounting and not undercounting (like in rural red Western states)
    And you realize this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't control who you visit?

It's in your control.

Still in your control. You're playing an odds game and pretending you don't want to. The bottom line is that you make the decision that the odds are worth it, but don't want anyone else making that decision.
    Its within your control not to get into a car.
    Of course Im playing an odds game, thats what I stated.
    Odds are I dont give it to my grandad because im careful AND I have not given it to him yet for an entire year when the virus was present. I see him quite a bit. Hes good. It is a low risk worth taking because of his age and well being mentally. Many people are playing this game and winning. But the press has made it clear the red teams refusal to play by sound rules and what it costs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You imply overcounting and not undercounting (like in rural red Western states)
    And you realize this.
    I implied neither but you're using bad science to assume inaccuracy in column A is ok because of an unknown accuracy in column B.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its within your control not to get into a car.
    Of course Im playing an odds game, thats what I stated.
    So how is that not in your control?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how is that not in your control?
    Nothing is entirely within my control as far as living and dying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I implied neither but you're using bad science to assume inaccuracy in column A is ok because of an unknown accuracy in column B.
    Implications can be made by obvious omissions.
    Which is exactly what you did and what I pointed out about rural western states that got hit hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing is entirely within my control as far as living and dying.
    I told you what is in your control. I didn't say "everything".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hypocrisy is astounding.
    The arbiter of the middle ground...

Everybody behave, the big boy has entered the room!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Implications can be made by obvious omissions.
    Which is exactly what you did and what I pointed out about rural western states that got hit hard.
    My summary from the two excerpts speaks for itself. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Thread Information