Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're rolling in dough (government anyways). They're buying up all sorts of companies everywhere in the globe. This is also why it's difficult to block them.
    But as the population has grown, education for the common man has been elevated. They start to live better lives and more see the rest of the world. The west can and has coaxed them into leaving or airing dirty laundry or both. This absolutely infuriates them. They are definitely concerned about a brain drain and the amount of exposure their people get to the West. They have shown extraordinary patience with Hong Kong imo.

So because they have a patience breaking point, and are very concerned with how fully to expose people to Western cultural, they have a certain paranoia. They dont want to have to put down any sort of public response. Its definitely a weak spot. I think this can be exploited. I think they are worried about this long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is indeed it. Ask Bezos, Cook, Waltons how they like them Chinese.
    Look for responses or quotes from these guys to see how they react(ed) to Hong Kong.
    If they cover for the Chinese, or put out nothing when asked...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look for responses or quotes from these guys to see how they react(ed) to Hong Kong.
    If they cover for the Chinese, or put out nothing when asked...
    This is from Feb 27th:

Here is a transcript of what Cook said in the snippet shared by Fox Business (Cook’s comments begin at 0:40):

It feels to me that China is getting the coronavirus under control. I mean you look at the numbers, they’re coming down day by day by day. And so I’m very optimistic there.

On the supplier side, we have suppliers — you know, iPhone is built everywhere in the world. We have key components coming from the United States, we have key parts that are in China, and so on and so forth.

When you look at the parts that are done in China, we have reopened factories, so the factories were able to work through the conditions to reopen. They’re reopening. They’re also en-ramp, and so I think of this as sort of the third phase of getting back to normal. And we’re in phase three of the ramp mode.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/27/2...virus-outbreak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from Feb 27th:

Here is a transcript of what Cook said in the snippet shared by Fox Business (Cook’s comments begin at 0:40):

It feels to me that China is getting the coronavirus under control. I mean you look at the numbers, they’re coming down day by day by day. And so I’m very optimistic there.

On the supplier side, we have suppliers — you know, iPhone is built everywhere in the world. We have key components coming from the United States, we have key parts that are in China, and so on and so forth.

When you look at the parts that are done in China, we have reopened factories, so the factories were able to work through the conditions to reopen. They’re reopening. They’re also en-ramp, and so I think of this as sort of the third phase of getting back to normal. And we’re in phase three of the ramp mode.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/27/2...virus-outbreak

So will Trump attack him when the time is correct like he did with certain car company executives?
    This is definitely going to be a long game, we have our problems at the top.
    But Trump did actually fire warning shots at certain executives, some over China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So will Trump attack him when the time is correct like he did with certain car company executives?
    This is definitely going to be a long game, we have our problems at the top.
    But Trump did actually fire warning shots at certain executives, some over China.
    Well, Trump and Congress, both sides, just showered them with money. I'm not sure Trump or anybody else is really in position to take them to task.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    china will become our overlord after this

rockefeller report of 2010 predicted this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Trump and Congress, both sides, just showered them with money. I'm not sure Trump or anybody else is really in position to take them to task.
    As I read back this sounds eerily familiar with how we perceived the Japanese buying up things. I was not old enough...
    I will have to do a reread on this. They were (and still are to a certain extent) very beholden to their companies instead of the companies a government owned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're some sneaky ers, those Chinese.
    Not that facts are important anymore, but they own 2% of agricultural land here. China also has massive debt problems both domestically & abroad that's going to cause big problems over the next decade as India, Indonesia & other countries grow & compete for many of the industries that the Chinese currently dominate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PRC reportedly whipping out PNGs on Trump officials, but not Trump or his family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    china will become our overlord after this

rockefeller report of 2010 predicted this
    Spot on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we restore the Iranian accord and re-establish relationships with Cuba next, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we restore the Iranian accord and re-establish relationships with Cuba next, tbh
    Just send pallets of cash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see Bidens gov doing anything good in the ME. They will most likely do worse as usually US does no matter which party is in charge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just send pallets of cash
    Anything that stops this madman, tbh...

I dont see Bidens gov doing anything good in the ME. They will most likely do worse as usually US does no matter which party is in charge

We should just start a new war for s and giggles... I mean, Pakistan has been asking for it, and India would gladly help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We should just start a new war for s and giggles... I mean, Pakistan has been asking for it, and India would gladly help.
    A good question is wether Biden will go back to arming Al Qaeda, and its affiliated jihadis. Id say its 50/50

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Leads all countries in percent of population vaccinated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leads all countries in percent of population vaccinated
    Probably paid Pfizer with US foreign aid, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good question is wether Biden will go back to arming Al Qaeda, and its affiliated jihadis. Id say its 50/50
    I'm actually wondering if the embassy will stay in Jerusalem... I mean, while Old Joe loves dem joos, at some point the whole Palestina/Israel peace accord proposal #28928392832 will come up, I suppose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The EU would share "no iden y" with Washington on China, Merkel said. "That is absolutely clear."
    https://www.dw.com/en/eu-and-us-simi...ays/a-57009094

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Dealing with China"
    CCP owns the Chumpettes' better thans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China is going to keep being China, growing financially stronger and spreading its soft power all over the planet.

Obama's "pivot" in the Pacific was bull and did nothing to contain China. China is uncontainable, too strong in so many ways.

Meanwhile, USA is degrading, is declining under the increasing success of Capitalism exclusively for Capitalists.

Between USA and China, USA is definitely the weaker partner.

Pootin is thrilled at how his puppet Trash contributed to weakening USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shade

The size of the nuclear stockpile at this point is irrelevant. There are enough nukes out there to kill everyone 10 times. The good news is nuclear winter could reverse global warming.

Thread Information