Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chucho and you think Walmart headquarters their IT in Texas? I’d suggest the both of you learn more.
    You probably work in IT the same way Andy works in IT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meaty hands on the eight-ball gearshift of PT Cruiser. Walmart badge hanging from the rear view. Oakley blades on.
    Why would Th'Pusher refer to his own hands as "meaty"?

I thought it was pretty clear who he was talking about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering places like Michaels or Krispy Kreme are allowed to stay open, being called "essential" is not exactly a big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chucho and you think Walmart headquarters their IT in Texas? I’d suggest the both of you learn more.
    Admit it, you got hit in the face by your own .

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t even know if there’s a driving range open in California. They’ve got cops going to courses left and right shutting them down. I’m thankful there’s a private club in my town letting members just go out and walk...no carts. They are pretending to be closed. My game has been on fire these last two weeks with all the free time I’ve had to play. I’m 4 under in the last 5 rounds I’ve played. I played collegiate golf and now at 37 I am seriously considering just sticking with it again and trying to make my lifetime goal of playing on the Senior PGA tour I’ll have Coronavirus to thank if I make it.
    Golf seems like the perfect sport during this time. There is no reason for it to be shut down.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just checking in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's that. Alcohol is a legal drug.
    I have been corona vaccinating religiously every evening with Garrison Brothers after being essential all day.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ny times opinion

“This is essentially a white-collar quarantine,” said Howard Barbanel, a Miami-based entrepreneur who owns a wine company. “Average working people are bagging and delivering goods, driving trucks, working for local government.”

Not on ST they most certainly are not.
    Making Six figures and needed to make the decisions to save lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ny times opinion

“This is essentially a white-collar quarantine,” said Howard Barbanel, a Miami-based entrepreneur who owns a wine company. “Average working people are bagging and delivering goods, driving trucks, working for local government.”

Not on ST they most certainly are not.
    Making Six figures and needed to make the decisions to save lives.
    You must be non-essential. It's ok. I don't think less of you (trust me).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We did alter a lot of procedures. No customers in our office, working out procedures with our customers to get my crews in with minimum interaction with public spaces, etc. Lots of hand washing and sanitizer. Obviously still no way to keep an employee from bringing it in from home.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walmart has tech support, server operators (if you want to call that IT; but that's low-paying IT) all over the U.S. and at or near most major cities in Texas and the U.S., that much is certain.

But the vast majority (>95%) of their high-paying C-level jobs in IT (project managers, developers, data analysts, software engineers etc), finance, accounting, executive leadership et al. is in podunk-ass......... Bentonville, Arkansas. And the proud-ass Walton family wants to keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

You have to take sketchy back roads to get there from just about anywhere, since it's not really connected to the interstate from most directions. The kind of two-lane, two-way, one-lane-each roads that I tend to stay the 'F' away from.
    You probably work in IT the same way Andy works in IT.
    $388,000 / 52 = $7,461.53 gross earnings from this past week on my end, not bad. Unfortunately it'll very soon drop to $248,000 / 52 = $4,769.23 gross when company H gives me the axe for bench time sometime this next week in early April, but I guess I can manage for the time being.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must be non-essential. It's ok. I don't think less of you (trust me).
    If you had respect for me, I would question my own value system as being perverse.

So we are both good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wine and spirits distribution is essential in Texas.

(By contrast, Pennsylvania is a control state and shut down all the state bottle shops. A black market arose pretty much instantly.)
    Prohibition was a failure. This will be too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walmart has tech support, server operators (if you want to call that IT; but that's low-paying IT) all over the U.S. and at or near most major cities in Texas and the U.S., that much is certain.

But the vast majority (>95%) of their high-paying C-level jobs in IT (project managers, developers, data analysts, software engineers etc), finance, accounting, executive leadership et al. is in podunk-ass......... Bentonville, Arkansas. And the proud-ass Walton family wants to keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

You have to take sketchy back roads to get there from just about anywhere, since it's not really connected to the interstate from most directions. The kind of two-lane, two-way, one-lane-each roads that I tend to stay the 'F' away from.

$388,000 / 52 = $7,461.53 gross earnings from this past week on my end, not bad. Unfortunately it'll very soon drop to $248,000 / 52 = $4,769.23 gross when company H gives me the axe for bench time sometime this next week in early April, but I guess I can manage for the time being.

Thread Information