My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know PacMan was injured this fight, but God damn Runweather was such a little . He tied him up every time he would throw a few punches, and get him in headlocks and all day. He was so scared.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Pac won

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just strategy tailored for a brawler, tbh. Pacquiao needs to pressure his opponent, but sapping momentum prevents him from applying pressure. Mayweather has glass hands so he needs to keep his opponent's points down because he can only punch so many times before something breaks.

Anybody who thought Pacquiao had a chance was delusional anyways, he had a great deal of trouble with Marquez

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at a party for this fight in San Antonio.

First, a house full of Spurs fans got to watch Chris Flop send us packing in Game 7 on a lucky ass prayer (and some bull by the refs at the end) to end our bid to defend our 2014 le. The room was pretty much deflated after that happened.

Then we got to follow that up by watching one of the most boring boxing matches of all time on PPV.

I feel bad for my buddy who probably dropped at least $500 on a watch party for that crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just strategy tailored for a brawler, tbh. Pacquiao needs to pressure his opponent, but sapping momentum prevents him from applying pressure. Mayweather has glass hands so he needs to keep his opponent's points down because he can only punch so many times before something breaks.

Anybody who thought Pacquiao had a chance was delusional anyways, he had a great deal of trouble with Marquez
    Marquez was a better fighter than Runweather. I watched those fights. Dude was the perfect counter puncher and just kept backing off of PacMan's left. It was the perfect plan, and Marquez, like a true Mexican fighter, had the boxing skills and power to punish PacMan with those counters. Runweather had no power at all in this fight, just a pawing jab that never even opened up a cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at a party for this fight in San Antonio.

First, a house full of Spurs fans got to watch Chris Flop send us packing in Game 7 on a lucky ass prayer (and some bull by the refs at the end) to end our bid to defend our 2014 le. The room was pretty much deflated after that happened.

Then we got to follow that up by watching one of the most boring boxing matches of all time on PPV.

I feel bad for my buddy who probably dropped at least $500 on a watch party for that crap.
    That Clippers series was such a load of (like every CP3 series against us, and every Thunderrefs game). Griffin played completely out of his mind, and then went straight to obscurity right after. that guy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Marquez was a better fighter than Runweather. I watched those fights. Dude was the perfect counter puncher and just kept backing off of PacMan's left. It was the perfect plan, and Marquez, like a true Mexican fighter, had the boxing skills and power to punish PacMan with those counters. Runweather had no power at all in this fight, just a pawing jab that never even opened up a cut.
    Marquez isn't a better counter puncher than Mayweather, though. He's somehow slower while being lighter

My point in bring up Marquez is that he slows down pressure fighters which is why Pacquiao didn't fair well against him.

True enough after Mayweather started routinely injuring his hand that he had limited power, he was strong puncher before but it happens. The fact that he can beat skilled boxers with this handicap is pretty impressive tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boring fight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marquez isn't a better counter puncher than Mayweather, though. He's somehow slower while being lighter

My point in bring up Marquez is that he slows down pressure fighters which is why Pacquiao didn't fair well against him.

True enough after Mayweather started routinely injuring his hand that he had limited power, he was strong puncher before but it happens. The fact that he can beat skilled boxers with this handicap is pretty impressive tbh.
    Keep in mind Pac's shoulder was shot before this fight. He didn't have power, landed a ton of combos with no power

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Keep in mind Pac's shoulder was shot before this fight. He didn't have power, landed a ton of combos with no power
    Power wasn't going to help him, he missed over 90% of his jabs and like 70%+ of his power punches. Bottom line was he had trouble hitting Mayweather and when he could get hits in Mayweather didn't let him apply more pressure.

Anyways if Mayweather had functioning hands, he'd probably have schooled Pacquiao. Dude has glass hands

Thread Information