Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , the UK is more likely to break up than the EU.
    In many ways the UK was the country best fit to make a break from the EU. The UK has its own currency (not the Euro), it wasn't part of the Schengen Area, and it has natural allies and trading partners with the Commonwealth countries. Italy can't claim any of those things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In many ways the UK was the country best fit to make a break from the EU. The UK has its own currency (not the Euro), it wasn't part of the Schengen Area, and it has natural allies and trading partners with the Commonwealth countries. Italy can't claim any of those things.
    why should Italy or Greece stay in EU at this point?

after this show do you really think anyone not named French or German has anything good to say about EU?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why should Italy or Greece stay in EU at this point?

after this show do you really think anyone not named French or German has anything good to say about EU?
    They may not love the EU, but many countries probably believe the alternative of not being a member is worse... especially the so called "net beneficiaries" that get more EU funds than they pay in. Italy is a big exporting countriy too. It doesn't want to see tarrifs applied within Europe on its goods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may not love the EU, but many countries probably believe the alternative of not being a member is worse... especially the so called "net beneficiaries" that get more EU funds than they pay in. Italy is a big exporting countriy too. It doesn't want to see tarrifs applied within Europe on its goods.
    sure but then its just a common trade union

not the EU with common laws, no borders, etc what the is the bloated EU parliament for then

Brittain thinks they can donbetter without the EU government BS and many other countries will too. especially after Corona where each country is on their own.

its not the EU that was boasted for so long its a disunion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the UK was already going to take a severe economic hit from splitting, and now it's going to really hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the EU is one of the most disfunctional associations in history

ruled by the greedy, stingy and boorish Germans and the sneaky and delusional French. This union was destined yo fail.

and with the coronavirus ravaging Italy and Spain, all EU could do was watch in disgust and indifference

RIP the EU its done.

calling it now
    No.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US is "securing their mask" and you idiots want to criticize.

Anyone putting up a China flag has lost it tbh

The EU is in trouble. The all went nationalist when they encountered a problem which is counter to the EU mission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US is "securing their mask" and you idiots want to criticize.

Anyone putting up a China flag has lost it tbh

The EU is in trouble. The all went nationalist when they encountered a problem which is counter to the EU mission.
    good last sentence

the migration, austerity, metoo and now corona has out a nail in EU coffin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French minister stated how the European Union responds to the coronavirus outbreak will determine its future credibility as the pathogen continues to take a heavy toll across the bloc.

“If Europe is just a single market when times are good, then it has no sense,” French State Secretary for European Affairs Amelie de Montchalin told France Inter radio on Sunday.

De Montchalin’s comments came after the European Union failed to agree last week on measures to soften the economic blow of the pandemic and prepare for an eventual recovery. Germany and the Netherlands came out strongly against a push by Italy, Spain, Portugal and France to issue joint bonds to help finance an economic stimulus.

There were also arguments over the sharing of medical equipment and border controls. De Montchalin said that there could be no financial rebound in Germany and the Netherlands if the rest of Europe remained sick. The coronavirus crisis raised existential questions for Europe, she added

“Our Europe is one of action, one of solidarity, and if certain countries see otherwise, well then the question of their place will raise itself, as what the union should be doing as a group of 27,” noted de Montchalin.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The EU will survive because of the value placed on the so-called “single market”. The Germans want free trade within the EU because Germany is an exporting powerhouse, and the French want it to use as leverage in trade negations with third countries and for trade protectionism.
    You don't need an EU to have those deals in place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    2015 was far worse than this. For EU and Italy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s more than just a deal. It’s governance of rules and regulations for trade and general commerce. You need an organization to do that which is what the EU is. Other smaller countries probably benefit on the whole from being a part of it, but there are plenty of things that the EU probably does that you could argue it shouldn’t be doing but that is a much bigger debate.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s more than just a deal. It’s governance of rules and regulations for trade and general commerce. You need an organization to do that which is what the EU is. Other smaller countries probably benefit on the whole from being a part of it, but there are plenty of things that the EU probably does that you could argue it shouldn’t be doing but that is a much bigger debate.
    Countries have their own agencies that are more than capable, bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Countries have their own agencies that are more than capable, bruh.
    The whole point of a “single market” is a common set of unified rules and regulations to facilitate trade, compe ion, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not pro or anti EU for the record.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole point of a “single market” is a common set of unified rules and regulations to facilitate trade, compe ion, etc.
    That can be achieved fairly easy without the EU. The whole point of the EU is to bypass democracies. People wised up; some Chumpettes are bitter about crumbling NWO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That can be achieved fairly easy without the EU. The whole point of the EU is to bypass democracies. People wised up; some Chumpettes are bitter about crumbling NWO.
    I doubt you have put much thought into what “fairly easy” even means.

Regardless, the EU Parliament is democratically elected by people in the member states and the EU Commission is appointed by member states and approved by the EU Parliament. It’s not perfect but it serves a useful purpose, although I and probably you would argue it does too much.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt you have put much thought into what “fairly easy” even means.

Regardless, the EU Parliament is democratically elected by people in the member states and the EU Commission is appointed by member states and approved by the EU Parliament. It’s not perfect but it serves a useful purpose, although I and probably you would argue it does too much.
    You presume to lecture me and then spout falsities. Total Chumpette move. Stick to the ankle biting. It's your bread and butter.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You presume to lecture me and then spout falsities. Total Chumpette move. Stick to the ankle biting. It's your bread and butter.
    ...bend over, I'll show you some in' bread and butter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You presume to lecture me and then spout falsities.
    2019 European Parliament Election Results

https://www.marketpulse.com/20190527...ip-parliament/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voters from the 28 member states of the European Union have cast their ballot in what is the second biggest democratic exercise in the world.

Official projections showed parties committed to strengthening the European Union held on to two-thirds of seats in the EU parliament, though far-right and nationalist opponents saw strong gains.
    https://www.euronews.com/2019/05/25/...o-look-out-for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As DMX said, the EU is not going anywhere, IMO... this somehow resurfaces every now and then, and it's never a thing.

I would argue that the UK will likely have a worse time in general, since they were already going to take an economic hit for being out of the EU, and now this is gonna add extra pain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As DMX said, the EU is not going anywhere, IMO... this somehow resurfaces every now and then, and it's never a thing.

I would argue that the UK will likely have a worse time in general, since they were already going to take an economic hit for being out of the EU, and now this is gonna add extra pain.
    this is not “every now and then”

EU economy will be absolutely obliterated. Europe is even more dependent on service/tourism economy than US

EU is kaput

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is not “every now and then”

EU economy will be absolutely obliterated. Europe is even more dependent on service/tourism economy than US

EU is kaput
    EU is as entrenched as ever . The damage to the economy won’t make it go away no matter how badly Putin may want it gone.

Thread Information