My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

She is asking for forgiveness and blaming her racism on a sedative

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using the old Roseanne Barr strategy, blame the medicine (Ambien?) she was taking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On no someone not black said the N word. /world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ing .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, loser. We already knew he was black.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump s posting in here are those guys who try to start serious conversations asking why they can't use that word when all those black people use it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KATC Political Analyst Dr. Pearson Cross also spoke to Kendria LaFleur to give his analysis of the Lafayette city court judge race.

Asked why Odinet seemed to win in a landslide over Edwards, who had more experience, Cross said it came down to demographics.

"This race was not decided by experience, it was instead decided by some of the basic demographics of the area," Cross said. "This is quite a Republican city, currently. Republicans make up about 35% of voters here as compared to Democrats’ 36%, but that’s a lagging percentage."

He added that voting along party lines is also a very strong sentiment among voters in Lafayette.

"Republicans have quite a majority here," said Cross. "Mic e Odinet ran as a Republican. Her opponent ran as a No Party. It was widely known that he used to be a Democrat, I believe. So, it was, in my view, a partisan kind of question.”

Cross said that there are several different issues that came into play during the city court judge race.

"One is people in this area are Republicans in this majority and they like to vote for Republicans," he said. "The other issue is of course that Jules Edwards is African-American. In most elections, we typically vote for white candidates in open elections.

"We do have majority minority judges like Jules Edwards who served on the district court," added Cross. "But he was elected as other judges are who are minority often in these majority-minority districts where they have a better chance of getting elected.

"We have not in Louisiana shown much ability to elect African-Americans in elections that are open to whites and blacks," said Cross.

Cross also said that the campaign for both candidates was hindered by the ongoing pandemic.

"In the end, I think COVID had a deleterious effect on elections," he said. "So, it was a 14 point gap. That’s not an enormous gap. Judge Edwards actually did very well by the standards that I would ascertain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol that's some turrible maths

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, loser. We already knew he was black.
    How? Plus he doesn't look black. Maybe a bit Latino but the name "Handy" doesn't seem so.

Thread Information