Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    'He basically declared himself King Trump': Cuomo warns of 'cons utional crisis' if Trump doesn't back down on reopening economy

Just a couple days after President Trump said he and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo were "getting along," the gloves came off Tuesday morning.

Cuomo went on the offensive in a pair of TV appearances, pushing back on Trump's assertion — contrary to the 10th Amendment — that his "authority is total" in making states roll back their stay-at-home orders to reopen the economy.
    "The president basically declared himself King Trump, right?" Cuomo said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"And all that annoying federal-state back and forth our founding fathers went through, he just disregarded that ... The governors are in charge because the president put them in charge. This is a total 180 from where the president started."

Cuomo added on NBC's "Today" show "We don't have a king. We have a president."

This comes on the heels of Cuomo launching a multistate coalition to reopen the economy, a northeast megalopolis consisting of the top economic development official, health official, and each governor's chief of staff from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Delaware.

A Western States Pact was announced among California, Washington, and Oregon for a similar effort.

However, Cuomo and the other governors were adamant on Monday that they would proceed with caution, following the best medical advice and scientific data before sending more people back to work.

Trump bristled at the notion in a fiery Monday press briefing, and then took a shot across the bow on Twitter Tuesday morning.

"I got it all done for [Cuomo], and everyone else, and now he seems to want Independence!" Trump tweeted. "That won't happen!"

Cuomo said Trump would cause a "cons utional crisis" by trying to force states to overturn their stay at home orders, and that "if he pushed it to that absurd point, then we would have a problem."

https://www.businessinsider.com/king...vernors-2020-4
    Just take it to the courts. It'll go quick & end up in the SC.

I'll take their decision without pause and then we'll have precedent ever more.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    trump team traitors sued the state of wisnonsin for airing that ad

lololol

mr “i always fight back” is scurred at “nasty” ads that expose his failure!
    You guys use the courts every time we fart sideways. You got no room, Homer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys use the courts every time we fart sideways. You got no room, Homer.
    Left does not use SLAP lawsuits. We have lots and lots and lots of room. That is a right-wing tantrum tool.

It is about as anti-free speech as it gets, and is part and parcel of the fascism you ers push at every turn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like that image of the "Wizard" in -The Wizard of Oz-
    Eyup. This writes itself. Get ready for an avalanche of them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Left does not use SLAP lawsuits. We have lots and lots and lots of room. That is a right-wing tantrum tool.

It is about as anti-free speech as it gets, and is part and parcel of the fascism you ers push at every turn.
    Please. You wrote the book, the charter issue. We only pried it out of Hillary's cold dead fingers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Eyup. This writes itself. Get ready for an avalanche of them.
    He'll be President forever. Just like the 44 before him. And that is another cob that drives your side no end.

You lost, broad daylight. And you'll never live 'er down, RG. The old man and his Cubby will dog ya's about it on into the grave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be President forever. Just like the 44 before him. And that is another cob that drives your side no end.

You lost, broad daylight. And you'll never live 'er down, RG. The old man and his Cubby will dog ya's about it on into the grave.
    As you write that, I am sure you hope it bothers me.

It does not. Not even a little.

If it makes you happy to think it does, enjoy. I won't bother trying to keep dissuading you of your delusions.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As you write that, I am sure you hope it bothers me.

It does not. Not even a little.

If it makes you happy to think it does, enjoy. I won't bother trying to keep dissuading you of your delusions.
    We have managed to stake out a relationship, RG. Eh?

Like when Holden lectures Borgnine when Ernie warns him: "they'll be waiting for us." -The Wild Bunch-

- "I wouldn't have it any other way."

---------

- "Pike,,,,,,me neither."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Please. You wrote the book, the charter issue. We only pried it out of Hillary's cold dead fingers.
    obedient dale playing "call of doody"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    obedient dale playing "call of doody"
    Bend over. I'll show ya in' call of doody.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll show ya in' call of doody.
    bending over is a cult tradition, obedient dale

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Study: No One Could Have Seen Pandemic Coming Except People Capable of Reading

MINNEAPOLIS —No one could have seen the coronavirus pandemic coming except for people who are capable of reading, a new study indicates.

The study, published by the University of Minnesota, is

highly critical of the current early-warning system for global pandemics,

which requires that a person have the literacy necessary to read, comprehend, and digest a memo.

“In order to see a pandemic coming,

one would have to read and

also understand the words, sentences, and paragraphs that compose a typical memo,”

Professor Davis Logsdon, the author of the study, said.

“And some of these memos can run two, three, even four pages in length.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/study-no-one-could-have-seen-pandemic-coming-except-people-capable-of-reading

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump now putting all the blame on the WHO....what does he think he's doing calling them out while people are dying. There will be time for this. Also, his g damn travel ban rhetoric is exhausting. Fix the situation, show leadership, lead from the front.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump now putting all the blame on the WHO....what does he think he's doing calling them out while people are dying. There will be time for this. Also, his g damn travel ban rhetoric is exhausting. Fix the situation, show leadership, lead from the front.
    his perception and image matter more than anything

oh, we've had 25k deaths? WELL NOT MY FAULT THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his perception and image matter more than anything

oh, we've had 25k deaths? WELL NOT MY FAULT THATS ALL THAT MATTERS
    dude, what i'm actually hearing from his cheeleaders

" oh trump and the china ban and europe ban" if not for trump we'd be at double the death count now

It's honestly frightning how anyone can be so delusionally in love with trump.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, Trump says we can lay blame now?

Great.

Trump killed thousands of Americans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude, what i'm actually hearing from his cheeleaders

" oh trump and the china ban and europe ban" if not for trump we'd be at double the death count now

It's honestly frightning how anyone can be so delusionally in love with trump.
    That's what I don't get.

Trump HAS to be their perfect hero-- godlike in his prescience, herculean in his action, noble and just.

They have to pretend we don't see his dumb orange makeup ass up there every day going through his Fidel Castro speeches, spouting lie after lie after lie. Claiming absolute power while absolving himself of any responsibility.

WTF is wrong with these people?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, Trump says we can lay blame now?

Great.

Trump killed thousands of Americans.
    Only 25,000, soon to be down to zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like a miracle.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should create a thread to bump every time we hit a new milestone in the Trump Plague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should create a thread to bump every time we hit a new milestone in the Trump Plague.
    You're going to upset his supporters who are only here to look for:

1) happy hydroxychloroquine anecdotes

2) Falun Gong conspiracy theories

3) Swedish deaths good

4) Hillary barbecuing children while Joe smells their hair

Shame on us in advance.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I don't get.

Trump HAS to be their perfect hero-- godlike in his prescience, herculean in his action, noble and just.

They have to pretend we don't see his dumb orange makeup ass up there every day going through his Fidel Castro speeches, spouting lie after lie after lie. Claiming absolute power while absolving himself of any responsibility.

WTF is wrong with these people?

My stock answer: C-U-L-T

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, the time now is just fine. But, he has to stay the course. He can't put them back in the light two days from now. They'll never learn their.

And China is going to back out of their deal. He's prefacing that left & right. Fully expected though. Nothing he can do but reapply the tariffs & start over.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My stock answer: C-U-L-T
    Yeah, & I'm about sick of it, Homer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, sorry all to it ain't in the millions, bum.

I'm a cultist, yes, but, you're all ghouls.

Thread Information