Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1644
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump admits he was briefed on coronavirus before declaring ‘hoax’ and jetting off on golf trips

Trump admitted ahead of the report that he was briefed in January, though

he claimed that the briefing was not alarming.

The president
    tweeted that he was not briefed until “late into January,” and “they only spoke of the Virus in a very non-threatening, or matter of fact, manner.”

“On Jan. 23, I was told that there could be a virus coming in, but it was of no real import,” Trump said.

“In other words, it wasn’t: ‘Oh we gotta do something, we gotta do something.’ It was a brief conversation and it was only on Jan. 23.”

claimed that he was told “there could be a virus coming in,”

the briefing came three days after the U.S. had
    confirmed its first coronavirus case

Trump also did not address

why, after receiving multiple briefings,

he
    continued to play golf at his resorts until March 8.

Trump changed his tune by March 17, claiming that he “felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/tru...on-golf-trips/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DISHONEST bungling continues

Dr. Anthony Fauci Dismisses Claims Virus Was Made In Or Escaped From Chinese Lab

Fauci told National Geographic

“a number of very qualified evolutionary biologists” had thrown water on the theories touted by President Trump.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fauci...b60a927781130e

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now we have Trump is bored of this crisis.

Probably made him actually work for the first time in his life.

Trump dismisses new COVID-19 death forecast: 'It's time to go back to work'

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-coronav...164017812.html
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-06-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Genocide by default’: Yale epidemiologist calls

Trump’s coronavirus response

a potential war crime

Gregg Gonsalves, ... wrote a scathing tweet about the president’s latest efforts to send Americans back to work even though more than 70,000 people have died so far with no end in sight.

“How many people will die this summer, before Election Day?” he asked.

“What proportion of the deaths will be among African-Americans, Latinos, other people of color?

This is getting awfully close to genocide by default.

What else do you call mass death by public policy?”

Trump’s negligence is so gross that he could be prosecuted for war crimes under international law.

“So, what does it mean

to let thousands die by negligence, omission, failure to act, in a legal sense under international law?”

what is happening in the US is purposeful, considered negligence, omission, failure to act by our leaders.

Can they be held responsible under international law?”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/gen..._campaign=4464

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Like a Bully at the Lunchroom”:

How the Federal Government Took Control of the PPE Pipeline

FEMA denies seizing shipments of masks and ventilators,

but hospital workers tell a different story, and one medical-equipment supplier says

the agency—“those rat bas s”—along with the FBI, has taken over his entire operation.

As the coronavirus crisis has dragged on, scattered reports have emerged of the federal government seizing PPE shipments.

State leaders in Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Kentucky, Texas, and Florida have
    accused FEMA and the federal government of diverting their orders for protective gear.

Colorado governor
    Jared Polis famously said his order of ventilators was “swept up” by the agency.

Per the
    New York Times, the head of the board for the Kentucky Hospital Association wrote that four shipments of protective equipment intended for hospitals were taken by FEMA.

FEMA asserted it was not seizing any shipments and

that “prioritizing PPE deliveries to COVID hot spots can have the

unintended consequence

of disrupting the regular supply-chain deliveries to other areas of the country that are also preparing for the coronavirus.”

The small business owner’s story, however, goes a step further;

it suggests that the federal government has taken control of every level of a private business.

(FEMA did not respond to a request for comment.)

‘Guys, I just heard I may have failed the [quality control] test,’” the businessman recalled.

“And you know what FEMA said? ‘That’s okay, we want the product anyway.’”

a Seattle-based customs lawyer said that stories of the federal government seizing PPE will likely see ramifications down the line.

“We end up telling clients that it could be the case that FEMA is...acting on thin or no legal authority,”

But “the legal resolution of these seizures will take time.…

I cannot personally discount that there is a gray area—that

six months, a year from now we start finding out about” unlawful seizures.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020..._term=VYF_Hive

W T F

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shocking: Jared Kushner’s Young Consultant Army Was Clueless On Coronavirus

Trump’s son-in-law’s volunteer team—pulled from private equity, venture capital and consulting firms—reportedly hampered efforts to procure medical supplies and prioritized political allies.

Kushner’s crack squad of young private sector volunteers—hailing from venture capital, private equity and consulting firms—has been beset by crippling incompetence and political cronyism,

exacerbating the federal government’s gross mismanagement of the coronavirus crisis

a member of Kushner’s team said in a whistleblower report sent to the House Oversight Committee on April 8

“From my few weeks as a volunteer, I believe we are falling short.”

volunteers on Kushner’s team

often lacked relevant qualifications to help get necessary resources to hospitals fighting the COVID crisis,

with team members who

didn’t have sufficient “health care, procurement, or supply-chain operations” experience assigned to help obtain and direct supplies to medical workers.

the Kushner team fast-tracked protective equipment leads from a list of “V.I.P.s,” including Trump allies in the conservative media like Fox News hosts Brian Kilmeade and Jeanine Pirro.

“The nature and scale of the response seemed grossly inadequate,”

other officials that corroborated the former volunteer’s complaint to the House Oversight Committee.

“Grossly inadequate” is a pretty accurate description of Kushner’s entire career in government, which has been marked

by embarrassing overconfidence,

few tangible accomplishments, and

the general sense that he’s more or less getting in the way

the administration has put political connections ahead of public health and

pushed unproven drugs as potential cures for the virus

Trump declares premature victory over the virus and

pushes for states and businesses to reopen.

As the volunteer on Kushner’s team wrote in the April complaint,

“These problems affect the entire chain of command,

hamper our ability to respond and

could result in many Americans losing their lives.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020..._term=VYF_Hive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fears rise that Trump will incite a global vaccine brawl

The president’s “America First” philosophy courts disaster for entire regions of the world, diplomats warn.

The Trump administration’s apparent lack of interest in cooperation Pootin is loving it!

The concerns are only deepening as President Donald

Trump and his aides squabble with China and the WHO over the origins of the virus.

The fear is that Trump will be content with allowing the race to develop and distribute the vaccine to devolve into a global contest

and that poorer countries will be left behind in the rush to procure doses.

In essence: that the

president’s “America First” view of world affairs as an atavistic scramble for power will lead to unnecessary suffering and death.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/03/coronavirus-vaccine-trump-world-brawl-230142

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump administration buries detailed CDC advice on reopening

The Trump administration shelved a do ent

created by the nation’s top disease investigators

with step-by-step advice to local authorities on how and when to reopen restaurants and other public places during

the still-raging coronavirus outbreak.

The 17-page report by a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention team,

led “Guidance for Implementing the Opening Up America Again Framework,” was researched and written to help faith leaders, business owners, educators and state and local officials as they begin to reopen.

It was supposed to be published last Friday, but

agency scientists were told the guidance “would never see the light of day,”

https://apnews.com/7a00d5fba3249e573...nRtWoCnMJiQZ_w

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I worked for Jared Kushner. Of course he says his covid-19 failure is a success.

President Trump’s son-in-law always casts himself as the genius cleaning up someone else’s problems.

Jared Kushner’s coronavirus response team, we learned this week, is fumbling because

it’s
    largely staffed with inexperienced volunteers.

Of course it is. It’s being run by one.

After bungling many high-profile efforts to address various problems and often making them worse (see, Middle East, peace in),

he keeps being handed more responsibilities with higher stakes.

He has wasted taxpayer resources and endangered lives

trying on policy roles usually reserved for the country’s top experts with the sophistication of a child playing dress-up

There have been no consequences.

In any normal administration, an adviser with Kushner’s string of failures would be fired,

but Kushner, like his father-in-law, keeps crediting himself with imaginary successes.

He has also continued to bash the actual experts, disputing their assessments and implying that they, not he, are the amateurs, and

he is here to clean up their mess.

Kusher thought this self-aggrandizing nonsense was an appropriate eulogy, but that, too, is in keeping with how he operates.

he seemed cons utionally incapable of considering the humanity of other people as a starting point.

Relationships were primarily transactional, and

this failure of empathy permeated everything he did.

He could not register the grief of the people in the room that day for the same reason that

he apparently can’t register the grief millions of Americans are experiencing now as their lives are upended by covid-19 and people they love become sick and die.

enables him to lie on camera about the state of what’s happening —

to view the
    coronavirus response as an opportunity to trade favors

and not a necessary and vital obligation of the federal government — and

why he will cast himself as a begrudging custodian of problems other people created

even as those problems metastasize all around him as a direct consequence of his mismanagement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...virus-failure/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemp following Trash's lead

Georgia's 'reopening' results in 60,000+ out-of-state visitors a day coming to spread the virus

More than 62,000 additional out-of-state visitors are arriving daily. That’s a 13% increase in state-to-state travel.

almost all of that traffic came from adjacent Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida,

four states where business restrictions kept restaurants, theaters and other nonessential service businesses closed when Georgia's reopened.

Georgia, then, created a near-perfect scenario for spreading the virus inside and outside the state.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...read-the-virus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AP Exclusive: Docs show top WH officials buried CDC report

The decision to shelve detailed advice from the nation’s top disease control experts for reopening communities during the coronavirus pandemic came from the highest levels of the White House

after the AP reported Thursday that the guidance do ent had been buried,

the Trump administration ordered key parts of it to be fast-tracked for approval.

top public health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention spending weeks working on guidance to help the country deal with a public health emergency, only to see their work quashed by political appointees with little explanation.

McEnany said LIED! Friday that the do ents had not been approved by CDC Director Robert Redfield. The new emails, however, show that Redfield cleared the guidance.

https://apnews.com/9c4d5284ba4769d3b98aa05232201f88?fbclid=IwAR2JcE-ygMmnFfZRA-oyHVvKipN6b2zTlKU6HJJ4IpbrXtmIQkQmN6cFIdQ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A group of nurses held a protest and created a heartbreaking memorial in front of the White House

The current administration has ignored the needs of and provided no support to front-line workers during this crisis.

laid 88 pairs of shoes in front of the White House Thursday to honor the 88 nurses who have died on the front lines of the country’s COVID-19 crisis.

Registered nurses also held signs to call attention to the thousands of healthcare workers who have become infected by COVID-19 due to a lack of PPE.

According to the nurses of National Nurses United, about 18 million doctors, nurses, and home nursing aides are fighting COVID-19 across the nation.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/5/7/1943383/-A-group-of-nurses-held-a-protest-and-created-a-heartbreaking-memorial-in-front-of-the-White-House?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump threatened Senate Republicans trying to save themselves.

Now they're praising his butchery

Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst says of coronavirus that Trump was "on it from day one." Yes, she said that.

Senate Republicans are such a pathetic lot of craven misfits.

First they voted to ensure a raving lunatic would be at the helm of our country right as a global pandemic was infiltrating America.

Then
    they tried to cut Donald Trump loose

when they realized he wasn't doing so hot as

national testing lagged,

body bags piled up, and

he paraded his sociopathic incompetence on the airwaves every day.

After the Senate GOP campaign arm
    circulated a memo dissuading the caucus from defending the indefensible (i.e., Trump),

the orange menace predictably
    threatened to kneecap every GOP senator who left him for dead.

Now many of the GOP's most vulnerable caucus members are either

publicly lavishing praise on Trump for his wildly incompetent coronavirus response or

tiptoeing around him for fear of retribution.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/5/8/1943497/-Senate-Republicans-settle-on-praising-Trump-s-coronavirus-butchery-all-the-way-to-reelection?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the early days of the pandemic, the U.S. government turned down an offer to manufacture millions of N95 masks in America

It was Jan. 22, a day after the
    first case of covid-19 was detected in the United States, and

orders were pouring into Michael Bowen’s company outside Fort Worth,

some from as far away as Hong Kong.

Bowen’s medical supply company, Prestige Ameritech, could ramp up production to make an additional 1.7 million N95 masks a week.

he wanted to give the federal government first dibs.

“We still have four like-new N95 manufacturing lines,”

“Reactivating these machines would be very difficult and very expensive but could be achieved in a dire situation.”

Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and emergency response — left Bowen with the clear impression that there was little immediate interest in his offer.

“We are the last major domestic mask company,” he wrote on Jan. 23.

“My phones are ringing now, so I don’t ‘need’ government business.

I’m just letting you know that I can help you preserve our infrastructure if things ever get really bad.

I’m a patriot first, businessman second.”

the government did not take Bowen up on his offer.

Even today, production lines that could be making more than 7 million masks a month sit dormant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/in-the-early-days-of-the-pandemic-the-us-government-turned-down-an-offer-to-manufacture-millions-of-n95-masks-in-america/2020/05/09/f76a821e-908a-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most& utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_m ost

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the early days of the pandemic, the U.S. government turned down an offer to manufacture millions of N95 masks in America

It was Jan. 22, a day after the
    first case of covid-19 was detected in the United States, and

orders were pouring into Michael Bowen’s company outside Fort Worth,

some from as far away as Hong Kong.

Bowen’s medical supply company, Prestige Ameritech, could ramp up production to make an additional 1.7 million N95 masks a week.

he wanted to give the federal government first dibs.

“We still have four like-new N95 manufacturing lines,”

“Reactivating these machines would be very difficult and very expensive but could be achieved in a dire situation.”

Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and emergency response — left Bowen with the clear impression that there was little immediate interest in his offer.

“We are the last major domestic mask company,” he wrote on Jan. 23.

“My phones are ringing now, so I don’t ‘need’ government business.

I’m just letting you know that I can help you preserve our infrastructure if things ever get really bad.

I’m a patriot first, businessman second.”

the government did not take Bowen up on his offer.

Even today, production lines that could be making more than 7 million masks a month sit dormant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/in-the-early-days-of-the-pandemic-the-us-government-turned-down-an-offer-to-manufacture-millions-of-n95-masks-in-america/2020/05/09/f76a821e-908a-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most& utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_m ost

Didn't California do the same thing and bought from China? Didn't the gov of California just say he knew the first covid transmission in the state was because of a nail salon? Lol. Who cares, it is not one persons fault.

Why play the blame game? If you pledge allegiance to a party and then try to blame others simply because of affiliation then you are dumber than these two clowns. Sadly they have both won because not only are you ignorantly binding yourself to a political party, but you are on the internet complaining about it rather than actually doing something productive, which is what both parties want. They are not doing anything more than marketing to you just like the NBA. Sad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't California do the same thing and bought from China? Didn't the gov of California just say he knew the first covid transmission in the state was because of a nail salon? Lol. Who cares, it is not one persons fault.

Why play the blame game? If you pledge allegiance to a party and then try to blame others simply because of affiliation then you are dumber than these two clowns. Sadly they have both won because not only are you ignorantly binding yourself to a political party, but you are on the internet complaining about it rather than actually doing something productive, which is what both parties want. They are not doing anything more than marketing to you just like the NBA. Sad.
    you FULL of .

I'm not a Dem, have not pledged allegiance to any party

My "productive" is staying in and around the house, and wearing a mask in public. What are you doing "productive"?

This mask producer got screwed in 2010, after ramping up facilities to provide masks for the swine flu pandemic.

Americans companies bought from him.

After the pandemic, the Americans switched back to Asian suppliers, leaving him almost bankrupt with the facilities he mentions.

Why blame game? because Trash and his Exec are fully deserving of blame for 10Ks of EXCESS deaths of Americans?

Not Obama, not Pelosi/Schumer, not the Dems

Trash President, no Hillary

You and your Repugs elected Trash, share the blame for the FATAL, DESTRUCTIVE storm Trash has visited on USA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you FULL of .

My "productive" is staying in and around the house, and wearing a mask in public. What are you doing "productive"?

This mask producer got screwed in 2010, after ramping up facilities to provide masks for the swine flu pandemic.

After the pandemic, the Americans switched back to Asian suppliers, leaving him almost bankrupt with the facilities he mentions.

Why blame game? because Trash and his Exec are fully deserving of blame for 10Ks of EXCESS deaths of Americans?

You and your Repugs elected Trash, share the blame for the FATAL, DESTRUCTIVE storm Trash has visited on USA
    What a sad and incoherent response. Best of luck in your search for happiness.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a sad and incoherent response. Best of luck in your search for happiness.
    F O L D E D!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caps and emojies. I win again

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he got ted on severely in the spurs forum (popovich corona/trump) thread

and now looking to troll here

he is 100% trump cult magat

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you FULL of .

seriously man, I don’t think much of trump at all, but to think Obama, Pelosi, and democrats aren’t a part of it as well just doesn’t make sense. They are all Just as worthless as the other

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously man, I don’t think much of trump at all, but to think Obama, Pelosi, and democrats aren’t a part of it as well just doesn’t make sense. They are all Just as worthless as the other
    How are Obama, Pelosi, Dems part of it? actual details, instead BULL claims of false equivalence?

Trash President, not Obama

Trash President, not Pelosi

Repugs craven Trash suckers, not Dems

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Negligent manslaughter becoming willful manslaughter

As Trump rushes to reopen, his team is privately issuing dire warnings

Months after Trump ignored more than a dozen red alerts from his intelligence agencies and other agencies that a deadly virus was headed for American shores,

he's now ignoring dire warnings from top administration officials about reopening too soon.

several officials with the departments of Health and Human Services and Homeland Security discussed the potentially catastrophic effects of a rushed reopening on the same day that Trump had allowed federal social distancing guidelines to expire without a peep.

“The numbers of deaths definitely will be high,”

states that were relaxing distancing measures even though their case counts were high or still increasing.

as Trump cheers those steps every chance he gets,

he does seem to have internalized some level of risk for lost lives—

a consequence he's perfectly willing to accept.

It's unconscionable and a complete dereliction of duty for Trump

to keep foisting his precious economic restart on the American people

without leveling with them about its potential consequences.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...hing-to-reopen

"More dead Amerians? 'em, I must be re-elected at all costs"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mnuchin says unemployment will get worse before it gets better amid coronavirus pandemic

Two of President Trump’s top economic advisers said Sunday that

Americans face an economy that will worsen in the coming months,

with predictions that the unemployment rate will jump to 20 percent from the 14.7 percent reported Thursday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...7LZLC2R3H7DPSM

the "current 14.7" was for mid-April, because they stop counting mid-month

20% by 15 May seems very probable

so Repugs/Trash want govt to stop giving money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information