Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1644
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got caught trying to bull . Sorry. Just be honest next time.
    nope he's right.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Fantastic contribution from you. Run off and find some fat jokes.
    Found one

Thanks for providing evidence, fatty

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, you just need a friend.

According to you, how is the virus spread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fantastic contribution from you. Run off and find some fat jokes.
    Still waiting on you to provide any support for your "masks are just placebo" take.

Wow me with your fantastic contribution.

Or just keep being a lazy . I don't expect much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting on you to provide any support for your "masks are just placebo" take.

Wow me with your fantastic contribution.

Or just keep being a lazy . I don't expect much.
    Dr Chris Smith, consultant virologist at Cambridge University, told RNZ people should not buy them and instead save their money.

"Go and spend it on something useful that you enjoy doing, like having a beer. Those face masks are absolute rubbish and they do nothing."

"Those face masks are absolute rubbish and they do nothing" - consultant virologist Dr Chris Smith

However, he did say they had a placebo effect.

"They make you feel better, that you've done something, and they also have the effect of warning you to stay away from someone who's wearing one."

He said whether a virus could get through a face mask depended on the type of mask.

"The ones we're talking about, that you go and buy off a street vendor and you wear on the underground or tram or on the streets - those are absolutely useless. If you are in hospital and you are fit-tested for a proper prophylactic mask, those do work. And the reason they work is they form a proper seal around your face and around you nose and mouth and you also wear eye protection, and they also have very stringent filtering as well.

"The ones that you buy on the street that are cheap and nasty ... there are big gaps around the sides of your face and every time you cough and sneeze it just comes flying out the side.

"Also they dampen, so as you breathe they get damp and that dampness just makes a nice conduit through for the virus particles."

However, speaking at press briefing today New Zealand's director-general of health Dr Ashley Bloomfield said it was appropriate to wear a mask.

"I think people should wear masks if they feel that that is protecting them and/or if they feel they may be harbouring symptoms of any illness, whether it's a common cold or influenza, and that's an individual decision.

RNZ.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if you feel it's protecting you should wear it. That's exactly what a placebo is.

Cue avalanche of questions and nay saying from the usual posters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Public wearing masks: 'It's cosmetic, it's not effective'

But Smith is adamant masks do not help protect people from catching the illness.

There's been conflicting advice on the use of masks, with many medical experts saying they do nothing, yet the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued guidance to the public to use them.

Smith said wearing masks was a societal thing - evidence showed they didn't help.

"One possible kernel of truth, and this might be in the same way that we could sneeze into a hanky and mitigate the spread of it, if you've got a face mask on and you're symptomatic and you cough on somebody it will probably reduce the amount of virus you deluge them in. So that may make a difference, but for the average passive wearer who's not ill, probably no benefit."

While the virus is propelled through the air if an infected person coughed or sneezed, it may also be spread just through someone breathing near someone else.

"But the key thing is not whether or not that's true, it's whether or not I then put a piece of material over my face, which quickly gets damp, which has got gaps around the side and doesn't fit my face properly, and quite quickly all the particles that land in the front work their way through the dampness and then into me - that's the question, and that's what I am disputing is any benefit.

"Now I'll hold my hands up, if someone can show me the evidence this cuts down infection rates then I'll reverse my position, but I'm going by the evidence presented at the moment by people who know a lot more about this than me who have told me there is no evidence at the moment to support widescale adoption of this practice - it's cosmetic, it's not effective."

Smith said masks used in hospitals were on a different level to what the public used, and medical masks excluded particles smaller than the virus - on the way in and out.

Masks could also give a false sense of security, he said, because even if a person is wearing a mask, the virus can enter through your eyes as the eyes are connected to the nose through the tear duct.

"Anything that lands on your eyes ... they then drain down into the nose and they can find the tissues they want to infect down there too, so you must protect your eyes too."

Social distancing and washing your hands offered far more protection than wearing masks, he said.

As for the risk of animals catching the virus and passing it on, Smith said there were a lot of unanswered questions and he believed there would be a lot of research going on in this area.

In one case in Hong Kong it was believed somebody who had the virus gave it to their dog, but the dog had such a low level it was probably below the infectious dose.

RNZ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if you feel it's protecting you should wear it. That's exactly what a placebo is.

Cue avalanche of questions and nay saying from the usual posters.
    Respiratory virus shedding in exhaled breath and efficacy of face masks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found one

Thanks for providing evidence, fatty
    Offer still stands.. 5K if I am over 200lbs. Surely you wouldn't turn down free money.

chop chop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From link

Abstract
    We identified seasonal human coronaviruses, influenza viruses and rhinoviruses in exhaled breath and coughs of children and adults with acute respiratory illness. Surgical face masks significantly reduced detection of influenza virus RNA in respiratory droplets and coronavirus RNA in aerosols, with a trend toward reduced detection of coronavirus RNA in respiratory droplets. Our results indicate that surgical face masks could prevent transmission of human coronaviruses and influenza viruses from symptomatic individuals.

This is after they said no one should be wearing masks unless you are a healthcare provider or you have the illness.

They bowed to pressure. The CDC doesn't know whether to or go blind.

It's not like the CDC didn't have a stance on it before and yes, they knew then that some people would have no symptoms, but the point was that the mask does not prevent transmission of the virus. It's a mesh cloth across your face. It's a placebo. It won't even keep dust out much less aerosol.
    Bet you thought you had something.

Surgical mask

Not a surgical mask

So you have symptomatic people with acute respiratory illness wearing surgical masks, and you want to use that to prove a piece of cloth with rubber bands on someone without symptoms is effective at preventing the spread of COV-19.

Why am I not surprised?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From link

Abstract
    We identified seasonal human coronaviruses, influenza viruses and rhinoviruses in exhaled breath and coughs of children and adults with acute respiratory illness. Surgical face masks significantly reduced detection of influenza virus RNA in respiratory droplets and coronavirus RNA in aerosols, with a trend toward reduced detection of coronavirus RNA in respiratory droplets. Our results indicate that surgical face masks could prevent transmission of human coronaviruses and influenza viruses from symptomatic individuals.

Bet you thought you had something.

Surgical mask

Not a surgical mask

So you have symptomatic people with acute respiratory illness wearing surgical masks, and you want to use that to prove a piece of cloth with rubber bands on someone without symptoms is effective at preventing the spread of COV-19.

Why am I not surprised?
    So you're going to move your goalpost from "no mask is effective" to "well surgical masks are effective but I don't want to talk about those."

And you're still going on with the straw man that everyone is claiming masks are protecting the wearer from getting the virus.

Looks like I do have something here.

You are not an honest broker. You went doctor shopping to confirm your bias and you're building the same straw man over and over and over again.

Why do you actively strive to be dishonest? It's OK for you to be wrong. It's not the first time.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 05-18-2020 at 07:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're going to move your goalpost from "no mask is effective" to "well surgical masks are effective but I don't want to talk about those."

And you're still going on with the straw man that everyone is claiming masks are protecting the wearer from getting the virus.

Looks like I do have something here.

You are not an honest broker. You went doctor shopping to confirm your bias and you're building the same straw man over and over and over again.

Why do you actively strive to be dishonest? It's OK for you to be wrong. It's not the first time.
    Where did I say "no mask is effective"?

I didn't read after that straw man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did I say "no mask is effective"?

I didn't read after that straw man.
    From your link:

Surgical masks were first introduced into hospitals in the late 18th Century but did not make the transition into public use until the Spanish flu outbreak in 1919 that went on to kill over 50 million people.

Dr Chris Smith, consultant virologist at Cambridge University, told RNZ people should not buy them and instead save their money.

"Go and spend it on something useful that you enjoy doing, like having a beer. Those face masks are absolute rubbish and they do nothing."

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...ing-virologist

So now you have moved the goalpost to "I wasn't talking about surgical masks even though I quoted a scientist who was explicitly talking about surgical masks."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From your link:

Surgical masks were first introduced into hospitals in the late 18th Century but did not make the transition into public use until the Spanish flu outbreak in 1919 that went on to kill over 50 million people.

So now you have moved the goalpost to "I wasn't talking about surgical masks even though I quoted a scientist who was explicitly talking about surgical masks."

Defending
    Muh
    Criminal

will lash out soon after ting the bed again

lolol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defending
    Muh
    Criminal

will lash out soon after ting the bed again

lolol
    I don't know why he feels the need to dig in on a situation that is changing almost daily. Just weird.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash and his mafiya spouting bull to avoid admitting their negligent manslaughter of 10Ks of Americans

China used air travel to ‘seed’ virus in early stage

Peter Navarro,...said ... that China “sent hundreds of thousands” on aircraft throughout the world to “seed” the spread of the virus.

Navarro told ABC News’ “This Week” that the “Chinese—

behind the shield of the World Health Organization—

for two months hid the virus from the world and

then sent hundreds of thousands of Chinese on aircraft to Milan, New York and around the world to seed that.

They could have kept it in Wuhan, but instead, it became a pandemic.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/china-used-air-travel-to-seed-virus-in-early-stage-top-wh-official-says

China and WHO being scapegoated

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Trash is going to defund the WHO totally, in the middle of planet-wide pandemic

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rory mcllroy says that trump cheats playing golf

Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fears of ‘government censorship’ of science after Florida sidelines COVID-19 data chief

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis continues to draw criticism for the state’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.

“Late last Friday, the architect and manager of Florida’s COVID-19 dashboard

praised by White House officials for its accessibility — announced that

she had been removed from her post,

causing outcry from independent researchers now worried about government censorship,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/fears-of-government-censorship-of-science-after-florida-sidelines-covid-19-data-chief/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why he feels the need to dig in on a situation that is changing almost daily. Just weird.
    blind allegiance

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Trash is going to defund the WHO totally, in the middle of planet-wide pandemic
    What does the WHO do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From your link:

From the very next paragraph that you omitted because you're just so clever:

"The ones we're talking about, that you go and buy off a street vendor and you wear on the underground or tram or on the streets - those are absolutely useless. If you are in hospital and you are fit-tested for a proper prophylactic mask, those do work. And the reason they work is they form a proper seal around your face and around you nose and mouth and you also wear eye protection, and they also have very stringent filtering as well.

"The ones that you buy on the street that are cheap and nasty ... there are big gaps around the sides of your face and every time you cough and sneeze it just comes flying out the side.

"Also they dampen, so as you breathe they get damp and that dampness just makes a nice conduit through for the virus particles."

I even said this:

This is after they said no one should be wearing masks unless you are a healthcare provider or you have the illness.

They bowed to pressure. The CDC doesn't know whether to or go blind.

It's not like the CDC didn't have a stance on it before and yes, they knew then that some people would have no symptoms, but the point was that the mask does not prevent transmission of the virus. It's a mesh cloth across your face. It's a placebo. It won't even keep dust out much less aerosol.
    Never an honest moment with you. You're so desperate for attention it's comical.

So again, where did I say "no mask is effective"? Where does it even say that in the statement you quoted?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird is your mental gymnastics here to try to salvage your dignity after butting in again. You've gotten on in this thread time and again, and you just cannot let it go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the very next paragraph that you omitted because you're just so clever:

Surgical masks are not the proper prophylactic masks he was talking about. Surgical masks have gaps in the sides and are not fit tested-- as you showed:

It's comical how dishonest you are.

But you're now saying that surgical masks can in fact work to cut down on droplets from the article I linked, so thanks for that admission. They're being sold everywhere and you can't say they are just a placebo. Looks like a great idea for people to wear them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surgical masks are not the proper prophylactic masks he was talking about. Surgical masks have gaps in the sides and are not fit tested-- as you showed:

It's comical how dishonest you are.

But you're now saying that surgical masks can in fact work to cut down on droplets from the article I linked, so thanks for that admission. They're being sold everywhere and you can't say they are just a placebo. Looks like a great idea for people to wear them.

From link

Abstract

Where did I mention surgical masks? I said cloth masks are a placebo.

So either the CDC was ignorant about viruses or they bowed to political pressure to offer a placebo to the sheeple.

This keeps going around and around. I've already wrapped this one up and you lost again.

Thread Information