San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump wanted to ‘slow’ coronavirus testing —

and is now trying to block testing funding from stimulus bill

Trash falsely believes that COVID-19 testing is the cause of the spread of coronavirus,

instead of a measure of reality.

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people.

You’re going to find more cases.

So I said to my people slow the testing down please,”

“If we didn’t do testing, we’d have no cases,”

“The Trump administration is trying to block billions of dollars for states to conduct testing and contact tracing in the upcoming coronavirus relief bill,

“The administration is also

trying to block billions of dollars that GOP senators want to allocate for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and

billions more for the Pentagon and State Department to address the pandemic at home and abroad,”

“The administration’s posture has angered some GOP senators,

the officials said, and some lawmakers are trying to push back and ensure that the money stays in the bill,”

the conflict between Trump administration officials and Senate Republicans on money for testing and other priorities is creating a major complication

even before bipartisan negotiations get under way.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/tru...s-bill-report/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...c-coronavirus/

Trash does EVERYTHING wrong, destructively, mortally wrong

40% approval

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House objects to Senate GOP push for more CDC money for coronavirus testing and tracing

Washington, DC (CNN)The White House is pushing back against Senate GOP requests to significantly ramp up funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for coronavirus contact tracing and testing, a position that puts them at odds with lawmakers from both parties amid the surge of Covid-19 cases now paralyzing parts of the country.

Some Senate Republicans are pushing for more money for the efforts in the next round of stimulus spending, but the White House argues that there is sufficient funding still remaining from the March stimulus law, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told CNN on Saturday.
    wow.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/polit...ans/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add to that taking over the virus data from teh CDC:

Trump Administration Push To 'Consolidate' CDC Data Worries Public Health Experts
    Until now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has collected important information about COVID-19 hospitalizations and equipment from around the country. The Trump Administration now says hospitals must stop reporting that data to the CDC and instead send information to a different federal database.
    https://www.npr.org/2020/07/16/89177...health-experts

There isn't really any good reason I have heard for this step.

Seems like the only obvious reason is to hide the data from the public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a slam dunk lawsuit for you. Republican science-denialism is getting to be downright deadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bungling continues.... Trump holds his first briefing since April.

Thing is he starts talking, and it is hard to take anything he says as truthful. This percent, that percent, "supplies are available" etc. Dude his credibility years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wow.

just.... wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much bungling, so hard to sum up.

So we pretty much know that the snakeoil doesn't work. Or maybe demon seed does?
    Trump trots out a real nutter as proof his snakeoil works.

Donald Trump: "I think it's under control."
    Interviewer: "How? A thousand Americans are dying a day."
    Donald Trump: "They are dying. That's true. And you — it is what it is."

just ....wow.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 08-04-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Basically Trump on that last interview.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but-but

her emails!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but-but

her emails!!!!!

Fun thing about the Trump's presidency is that there is a vast pile of easy counter examples to any bad thing that Republicans can run against just about any Democrat.

"X is bad"

"you didn't say X was bad when Trump did it, here are a bunch of examples"

Makes it a lot easier out point out the hypocrisy.

The emails are a really good example, because Jared/Ivanka and Trump himself are all using unsecured phones and servers to communicate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May 2018

The Administration disbands the White House pandemic response team.

July 2019

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency left her post, and the Administration decided to eliminate the role.

October 2019

“Currently, there are insufficient funding sources designated for the federal government to use in response to a severe influenza pandemic.” [Crimson Contagion exercise findings]

January 22

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

January 24

Trump praises China’s handling of the coronavirus: “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

January 30

"The lack of immune protection or an existing cure or vaccine would leave Americans defenseless in the case of a full-blown coronavirus outbreak on US soil,...This lack of protection elevates the risk of the coronavirus evolving into a full-blown pandemic, imperiling the lives of millions of Americans.” [Memo from Trump Trade Advisor Peter Navarro]

February 2

“We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 10

“I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”

February 10

“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

February 24

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25

“CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25

“I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26

“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26

“We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 26

“Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”

February 26

"This is a flu. This is like a flu."

February 27

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28

“We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2

“You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2

“A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4

“Now, and this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot people will have this and it's very mild.”

March 4

“If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5

“I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5

“The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6

“I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6

“You have to be calm. It’ll go away.”

March 6

“Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6

“I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6

“I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 7

“When we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”

March 7

“No, I’m not concerned at all.

March 8

“We have a perfectly coordinated and fine-tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9

During a news conference, White House officials say the U.S. will have tested one million people that week and thereafter would complete 4 million tests per week. By the end of the week, the CDC had only completed a paltry 4,000 tests.

March 9

“This blindsided the world.”

March 10

“Just stay calm. It will go away.”

March 11

“It goes away….It’s going away. We want it to go away with very, very few deaths.”

March 12

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Ins ute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, tells Congress that the country does not have sufficient testing. “The system is not really geared to what we need right now,” he said. “That is a failing. Let’s admit it.”

March 12

"You know, you see what's going on. And so I just wanted that to stop as it pertains to the United States. And that's what we've done. We've stopped it."

March 13

“I don’t take responsibility at all.”

March 13

The Atlantic reported that less than 14,000 tests had been done in the ten weeks since the administration had first been notified of the virus, though Mike Pence had promised the week prior that 1.5 million tests would be available by this time.

March 14

“I’d rate it a ten,” [Trump’s rating of his coronavirus response]

March 15

“Relax”

March 15

“This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

March 16

“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment-try getting it yourselves,”

March 17

“The only thing we haven’t done well is get good press.”

March 17

“I felt like it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

March 20

“I say that you're a terrible reporter, that's what I say. I think it's a very nasty question, and I think it's a very bad signal that you're putting out to the American people." [Response to reporter’s question: "What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"]

March 22

“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF.”

March 24

“I'm also hopeful to have Americans working again by that Easter - that beautiful Easter day.”

March 24

“We’ve never closed down the country for the flu,” Trump said. “So you say to yourself, what is this all about?”

March 24

“They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”

March 25

“The faster we go back, the better it’s going to be.”

March 26

“Congratulations AMERICA!” [On Senate passage of third relief bill]

March 26

“I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You go into major hospitals sometimes, and they’ll have two ventilators. And now all of a sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

March 26

“We’ve had a big problem with the young, a woman governor from — you know who I’m talking about — from Michigan,”

March 27

“I love Michigan, one of the reasons we are doing such a GREAT job for them during this horrible Pandemic. Yet your Governor, Gretchen “Half” Whitmer is way in over her head, she doesn’t have a clue. Likes blaming everyone for her own inep ude!”

March 27

“Mike, don’t call the governor of Washington. You’re wasting your time with him…”

March 27

“I want them to be appreciative. We've done a great job.”

March 27

“We’re doing a great job for the state of Washington and I think the Governor...he’s constantly chirping and I guess complaining would be a nice way of saying it.”

March 29

“Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000?”

March 29

“Unfortunately the enemy is death. It's death. A lot of people are dying. So it's very unpleasant.”

March 30

"Stay calm, it will go away. You know it -- you know it is going away, and it will go away, and we're going to have a great victory."

March 30

“I think New York should be fine, based on the numbers that we see, they should have more than enough. I mean, I’m hearing stories that they’re not used or they’re not used right.”

March 30

“I haven’t heard about testing in weeks. We’re testing more than any other nation in the world. We’ve got these great tests...But I haven’t heard about testing being a problem.”

March 30

“We inherited a broken test — the whole thing was broken.”

March 31

“...it’s not the flu. It’s vicious.”

April 1

“They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”

April 2

“Massive amounts of medical supplies... are being delivered directly to states...Some have insatiable appe es & are never satisfied (politics?). The complainers should have been stocked up and ready long before this crisis hit.”

April 2

“...the Federal Government is merely a back-up for state governments.”

April 3

“I’m feeling good. I just don’t want to be doing -- somehow sitting in the Oval Office behind that beautiful resolute desk, the great resolute desk, I think wearing a face mask as I greet presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens, I don’t know, somehow I don’t see it for myself. I just don’t. Maybe I’ll change my mind.”

April 5

“FEMA, the military — what they’ve done is a miracle...And you should be thanking them for what they’ve done, not always asking wise-guy questions.”

April 6

“LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!”

April 6

U.S. death toll passes 10,000

April 7

"So, you know, things are happening. It's a -- it's -- I haven't seen bad. I've not seen bad."

April 7

"You are not going to die from this pill...I really think it's a great thing to try."

April 7

“That was a flu. OK. So you could say that I said it was a flu, or you could say the flu is nothing to -- sneeze at," [Regarding Spanish Flu]

April 8

"I read about it maybe a day, two days ago,...It was a recommendation that he had, I think he told certain people on the staff, but it didn't matter. I didn't see it." [Regarding Peter Navarro’s January warning]

April 9

“I couldn’t have done it any better,” [When asked if his coronavirus response could have been better]

April 11

U.S. death toll passes 20,000

April 13

“But I guess I'm doing OK, because, to the best of my knowledge, I'm the President of the United States, despite the things that are said."

April 14

“Enough!” [When a reporter questioned his claim that his authority as president is “total”]

April 14

“[w]hen somebody’s the president of the United States, the authority is total.”

April 15

U.S. death toll passes 30,000

April 15

As Trump focuses on reopening, a leaked CDC and FEMA report warns of “significant risk of resurgence of the virus” with phased reopening.

April 19

“Now we’re going toward 50, I’m hearing, or 60,000 people [dead from the coronavirus]”

April 22

“If [coronavirus] comes back though, it won’t be coming back in the form that it was, it will be coming back in smaller doses that we can contain….it’s also possible it doesn’t come back at all.”

April 23

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

April 23

“So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way…”

April 23

“You see states are starting to open up now, and it’s very exciting to see,”

April 23

26 million jobless claims

April 24

U.S. death toll passes 50,000

April 26

“The people that know me and know the history of our Country say that I am the hardest working President in history.”

April 27

"I can't imagine why," [Regarding influx in poison control calls about disinfectant]

April 29

“It’s gonna go away, this is going to go away.”

May 3

“Look, we're going to lose anywhere from 75,000, 80,000 to 100,000 people,”

May 5

U.S. death toll passes 70,000

May 5

Consumer debt hits an all-time high

May 5

“Well run States should not be bailing out poorly run States, using CoronaVirus as the excuse!”

May 5

“I always felt 60, 65, 70, as horrible as that is. I mean, you’re talking about filling up Yankee Stadium with death! So I thought it was horrible. But it’s probably going to be somewhat higher than that,”

May 5

“There’ll be more death, that the virus will pass, with or without a vaccine. And I think we’re doing very well on the vaccines but, with or without a vaccine, it’s going to pass, and we’re going to be back to normal,”

May 5

“I don’t want to be Mr. Gloom-and-Doom. It’s a very bad subject,...I’m not looking to tell the American people when nobody really knows what’s happening yet, ‘Oh, this is going to be so tragic.’”

May 6

Brookings reports that children were “experiencing food insecurity to an extent unprecedented in modern times” and “40.9 percent of mothers with children ages 12 and under reported household food insecurity since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.” Republicans block proposals to expand food stamps.

May 6

“Sporadic for you, but not sporadic for a lot of other people.” [In response to a nurse telling him that equipment supply has been “sporadic”]

May 7

33 million jobless claims

May 8

“This is going to go away without a vaccine. It is going to go away. We are not going to see it again.”

May 9

“This is going to go away without a vaccine.”

May 11

“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere. Big progress being made!”

May 11

“We have met the moment and we have prevailed,”

May 14

“Could be that testing’s, frankly, overrated. Maybe it is overrated.”

May 14

“Don’t forget, we have more cases than anybody in the world. But why? Because we do more testing,”

May 15

“Vaccine or no vaccine, we’re back. And we’re starting the process. In many cases, they don’t have vaccines and a virus or a flu comes and you fight through it.

May 16

“We’ve done a GREAT job on Covid response, making all Governors look good, some fantastic (and that’s OK), but the Lamestream Media doesn’t want to go with that narrative, and the Do Nothing Dems talking point is to say only bad about “Trump”. I made everybody look good, but me!”

May 18

U.S. death toll passes 90,000

May 19

“When we have a lot of cases, I don't look at that as a bad thing, I look at that as, in a certain respect, as being a good thing,...Because it means our testing is much better. I view it as a badge of honor, really, it's a badge of honor.”

May 21

USA Today reports that mortgage delinquencies surged by 1.6 million in April, the largest single-month jump in history.

May 22

38 million jobless claims

May 27

U.S. death toll passes 100,000

May 29

“We will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization”

June 6

U.S death toll passes 110,000

June 6

“Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country...This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality.”

June 15

“At some point this stuff goes away and it’s going away.”

June 17

“It’s fading away. It’s going to fade away.”

June 18

“And it is dying out. The numbers are starting to get very good.”

June 20

"Testing is a double-edged sword,...When you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people, you're going to find more cases, so I said to my people, 'Slow the testing down, please.'"

June 22

U.S death toll passes 120,000

June 23

“Cases are going up in the U.S. because we are testing far more than any other country, and ever expanding. With smaller testing we would show fewer cases!”

June 23

"It's going away,"

June 25

“The number of ChinaVirus cases goes up, because of GREAT TESTING, while the number of deaths (mortality rate), goes way down. The Fake News doesn’t like telling you that!”

June 25

“Coronavirus deaths are way down. Mortality rate is one of the lowest in the World. Our Economy is roaring back and will NOT be shut down. “Embers” or flare ups will be put out, as necessary!”

June 30

U.S. has just 4% of the global population, but 25% of global coronavirus cases and the second highest death rate per capita.

July 1

“I think we’re going to be very good with the coronavirus.” “I think that, at some point, that’s going to sort of disappear, I hope.”

July 6

U.S. death toll passes 130,000

July 7

"I think we are in a good place."

July 7

The president predicted that in the next two to four weeks, "I think we're going to be in very good shape."

July 8

“In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November election, but it is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!”

July 8

“I disagree with @CDCgov on their very tough & expensive guidelines for opening schools. While they want them open, they are asking school [sic] to do very impractical things. I will be meeting with them!!!”

July 18

U.S. death toll passes 140,000

July 19

“I think we have one of the lowest mortality rates in the world”

July 19

“Many of those cases are young people that would heal in a day”

“They have the sniffles, and we put it down as a test”

July 21

"You will never hear this on the Fake News concerning the China Virus, but by comparison to most other countries, who are suffering greatly, we are doing very well - and we have done things that few other countries could have done!”

July 28

U.S. death toll passes 150,000

July 28

"He's got this high approval rating. So why don't I have a high approval rating with respect -- and the administration -- with respect to the virus?" (Trump referring to Anthony Fauci)

August 1

“Wrong! We have more cases because we have tested far more than any other country, 60,000,000. If we tested less, there would be less cases,” (Donald Trump in a retweet of Anthony Fauci saying the U.S. has seen more cases than European countries because it only shut down a fraction of its economy amid the pandemic)

August 3

"I think we are doing very well and I think ... as well as any nation,"

August 3

"They are dying. That's true. And you — it is what it is.”

August 3

“OPEN THE SCHOOLS!!!”

August 3

“Right now I think it’s under control.”

August 3

“You know, there are those that say you can test too much, you do know that.”

August 5

“If you look at children, children are almost - and I would almost say definitely - but almost immune from this disease.”

August 5

“We’re supplying the world now with ventilators. You go back four months, we didn’t have any” - Fox and Friends

August 5

“It will go away like things go away”

https://doggett.house.gov/media-cent...irus-responses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe bungling the response is the strategy now. To screw the incoming majorities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe bungling the response is the strategy now. To screw the incoming majorities.
    Repugs blocked their own stimulus plan after Obama won, keeping the economy bad so Obama would lose in 2012.

Repugs didn't/don't care about they deaths and pain that they visit on the non-oligarchy as the Repugs play

All Bad Faith, Smash Mouth, Hardball Politics, All The time.

They know they must hang on to the Senate to block Dem House and WH, and will blame the Dems for all the that the Repugs on America for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One has to wonder.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0 hospitals over capacity....

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best part of foldren's day is celebrating COVID deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's UI EOs are vaporware.

“States are going broke and millions of Americans are unemployed, yet the solution calls for states to create a new program we can’t afford to begin with and don’t know how to administer because of this uncertainty,” said Phil Murphy, the governor of New Jersey, at a news briefing this week.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...ge%2Fstory-ans

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is the count on the trump virus?

what is the trump death toll now?

176,000?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Burn this ing party down.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they should have asked a second question

were 4 us deaths at benghazi acceptable?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    death cult

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aLL LIvEs MatTeR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many beghathis ith it now guyth? Durrrherrr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

aka post more and retweet you find appalling that supports your stance.

Wondering if the 10% of dems who find it acceptable are the leadership in NY. They had 33K deaths and somehow they are heroes and successful.

Thread Information