Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people pushing the HE WUZ DIZTRACTID BY IMPEACHMUNT
    Trash: I Wouldn’t Have Handled Coronavirus Any Better Even Without Impeachment

On Tuesday night,

President Donald Trump said he wouldn’t have acted more swiftly

in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic

even if he hadn’t been impeached,

blowing up Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) defense of him.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...ment-mcconnell

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Fanatical cruelty’:

As pandemic rages, Trump refuses to reopen Affordable Care Act enrollment to help uninsured

Trump has reportedly
    decided against reopening Affordable Care Act enrollment

to ease the economic pain of the uninsured and help protect them from devastating medical costs.

Trump administration will not reopen HealthCare.gov for a special enrollment period

“The people living in the 38 states that use HealthCare.gov will likely remain uninsured,

leaving them potentially exposed to tens of thousands of dollars in costs

if they get sick from the novel coronavirus and need medical treatment.”

“This isn’t just an outrageous decision, but it’s also a deadly one,”

“In the middle a pandemic that could kill hundreds of thousands,

Trump and his toadies are deliberately blocking Americans from buying healthcare,”

“Theirs is fanatical cruelty that will kill people.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/fanatical-cruelty-as-pandemic-rages-trump-refuses-to-reopen-affordable-care-act-enrollment-to-help-uninsured/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4164

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wartime Production Law Has Been Used Routinely, but Not With Coronavirus

The Defense Production Act has been invoked hundreds of thousands of times in the Trump years. But with the pandemic, the president sees it as a “break the glass” last resort.

the Defense Production Act has been used to place hundreds of thousands of orders by President Trump and his administration to ensure the procurement of vital equipment,

he has for weeks treated it like a “break the glass” last resort, to be invoked only when all else fails.
    “You know, we’re a country not based on nationalizing our business,” Mr. Trump said earlier this month.

“Call a person over in Venezuela, ask them how did nationalization of their businesses work out? Not too well.” stupid

The Defense Production Act includes a range of authorities including

issuing loans to expand a vendor’s capacity,

controlling the distribution of a company’s products and

the more commonly used power of compelling companies to prioritize the government’s order over those of other clients.

The law’s frequent use, especially by the military to give its contract priority ratings to jump ahead of a vendor’s other clients, has prompted those most familiar with it to question why the administration has been so hesitant

weeks of dithering have already locked in deadly shortages at American hospitals.

Invoking the Defense Production Act is hardly a rare occurrence.

As recently as last summer, the Department of Defense used it to obtain rare earth metals needed to build lasers, jet engines and armored vehicles.

The Defense Department estimates that it has used the law’s powers 300,000 times a year.

The Department of Homeland Security — including its subsidiary, FEMA — placed more than 1,000 so-called rated orders in 2018

The Pentagon has long been aggressive in its use of the law, inserting language from the wartime act into contracts to ensure delivery of products by a specific date.

For the coronavirus pandemic, Mr. Trump has elected to rely on the volunteerism of the private sector

the president’s thinking say he has been skeptical of using the law, seeing it as anti-American.

Using the Defense Production Act would make it clear that the government is in charge.

Many corporate executives have also lobbied the Trump administration against using the act,

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/u...a04bf10a595031

Anybody think pro-business- Navarro will use DPA aggressively, if at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Fanatical cruelty’:

As pandemic rages, Trump refuses to reopen Affordable Care Act enrollment to help uninsured

Trump has reportedly
    decided against reopening Affordable Care Act enrollment

to ease the economic pain of the uninsured and help protect them from devastating medical costs.

Trump administration will not reopen HealthCare.gov for a special enrollment period

“The people living in the 38 states that use HealthCare.gov will likely remain uninsured,

leaving them potentially exposed to tens of thousands of dollars in costs

if they get sick from the novel coronavirus and need medical treatment.”

“This isn’t just an outrageous decision, but it’s also a deadly one,”

“In the middle a pandemic that could kill hundreds of thousands,

Trump and his toadies are deliberately blocking Americans from buying healthcare,”

“Theirs is fanatical cruelty that will kill people.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/fanatical-cruelty-as-pandemic-rages-trump-refuses-to-reopen-affordable-care-act-enrollment-to-help-uninsured/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4164
    "fanatical cruelty" indeed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahahahahahaha!!!

cartel drug war all of a sudden

because the media is nailing trumps up of the corona -show

how convenient that this staged distraction happens...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Army warned Trump administration on Feb. 3 that up to 150,000 Americans could die from COVID-19

Feb. 3 U.S. Army-North projected that “between 80,000 and 150,000 could die” in an extreme “Black Swan” analysis, but

after weeks of inaction

President Donald Trump now concedes optimistically between 100,000 and 240,000 could lose their lives to the virus,

The briefing also assumed — inaccurately, as it turns out — that

the Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control would successfully contact trace

all U.S. and Canadian coronavirus cases to contain the outbreak,

which still hasn’t happened.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/army-warned-trump-administration-on-feb-3-that-up-to-150000-americans-could-die-from-covid-19/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahahahahahaha!!!

... and Iran again.

the (economic but mortal and of course destroying Obama legacy) War on Iran continues as Trash, being sub-human, refuses to lift the sanctions for humanitarian reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahahahahahaha!!!

Pretty transparent effect to distract. Won't work. The jobless claims news will swamp that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

... and Iran again.

the (economic but mortal and of course destroying Obama legacy) War on Iran continues as Trash, being sub-human, refuses to lift the sanctions for humanitarian reasons.

I really expect Trump to launch strikes on Iran. He is going to be desperate to change the narrative from his bungle ed response.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty transparent effect to distract. Won't work. The jobless claims news will swamp that.

yup

6.6 million

3.3 last time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is the US Congress in recess?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are the ACA health care exchanges closed?

Millions of Americans have lost their healthcare insurance just in the last two weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That new Abbott Labs test that takes only a few minutes?

The While House wants to send it to low density areas of the South.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe people who think government is the problem shouldn't be allowed to run the government.

Despite having committed to transferring 2,000 ventilators in military stocks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Health and Human Services to fight the coronavirus outbreak, the Pentagon has not shipped any of them because the agencies have not asked for them or provided a shipping location, the Pentagon's top logistics official said Tuesday.
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/31/p...ors/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many warnings did Team Trump fail to take seriously?
    There's been quite a bit of reporting in recent weeks about warnings Team Trump failed to take seriously before the pandemic.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ously-n1173971

On March 16, Politico reported last week on a presentation prepared for Team Trump during the presidential transition process, which warned the incoming Republican administration about how the U.S. federal government would have to respond to a deadly viral outbreak. It didn't appear to have much of an effect.

On March 19, the New York Times reported on government exercises, including one conducted just last year, warning officials that the country was ill-prepared for a pandemic. As the article explained, an unreleased HHS report described a likely outcome that sounds awfully familiar: "Federal agencies jockeyed over who was in charge. State officials and hospitals struggled to figure out what kind of equipment was stockpiled or available. Cities and states went their own ways on school closings."

On March 20, the Washington Post reported, "U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen." The Post spoke to one U.S. official who reportedly had access to intelligence reporting and who told the newspaper, "Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were -- they just couldn't get him to do anything about it. The system was blinking red."

On March 25, Politico reported on a National Security Council guide -- the "Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents" -- filled with important recommendations. The Trump administration was briefed on the playbook's existence in 2017, but evidently the do ent wasn't taken too seriously. The article quoted one former U.S. official who said that under the Trump administration, "it just sat as a do ent that people worked on that was thrown onto a shelf."

This is not a short list, and it appears to be adding new installments with some regularity.

FUNNY:
    WHAT DID OBAMA EVER DO ABOUT PANDEMICS?

https://imgur.com/uzcmQF9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe people who think government is the problem shouldn't be allowed to run the government.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/31/p...ors/index.html
    A tragicomedy of errors.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many warnings did Team Trump fail to take seriously?
    There's been quite a bit of reporting in recent weeks about warnings Team Trump failed to take seriously before the pandemic.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ously-n1173971

On March 16, Politico reported last week on a presentation prepared for Team Trump during the presidential transition process, which warned the incoming Republican administration about how the U.S. federal government would have to respond to a deadly viral outbreak. It didn't appear to have much of an effect.

On March 19, the New York Times reported on government exercises, including one conducted just last year, warning officials that the country was ill-prepared for a pandemic. As the article explained, an unreleased HHS report described a likely outcome that sounds awfully familiar: "Federal agencies jockeyed over who was in charge. State officials and hospitals struggled to figure out what kind of equipment was stockpiled or available. Cities and states went their own ways on school closings."

On March 20, the Washington Post reported, "U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen." The Post spoke to one U.S. official who reportedly had access to intelligence reporting and who told the newspaper, "Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were -- they just couldn't get him to do anything about it. The system was blinking red."

On March 25, Politico reported on a National Security Council guide -- the "Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents" -- filled with important recommendations. The Trump administration was briefed on the playbook's existence in 2017, but evidently the do ent wasn't taken too seriously. The article quoted one former U.S. official who said that under the Trump administration, "it just sat as a do ent that people worked on that was thrown onto a shelf."

This is not a short list, and it appears to be adding new installments with some regularity.

FUNNY:
    WHAT DID OBAMA EVER DO ABOUT PANDEMICS?

https://imgur.com/uzcmQF9
    I dont have the link - but

Sen Chris Murphy/Conn ? -

posted on twitter than on --- FEB 5TH--

Congress met with the WH and offered FUNDING for PPE equipment and FUNDING for any costs for the

oncoming Pandemic -

but the WH - REFUSED assistance - and said they had enough!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont have the link - but

Sen Chris Murphy/Conn ? -

posted on twitter than on --- FEB 5TH--

Congress met with the WH and offered FUNDING for PPE equipment and FUNDING for any costs for the

oncoming Pandemic -

but the WH - REFUSED assistance - and said they had enough!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup

and this was an official congressional recorded event...

Adam Schiff convening a nonpartisan 9-11 - style commission to do a report on the response to this crisis -
    will be able to obtain this official record of the trump administration refusing to do - even the basics...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuomo, what a peach.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is the US Congress in recess?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I for one would not excuse trump or his policy I was against his candidacy since Day One.
    But the one excuse/explnation I might afford him is he was hoping to quell economic panic
    Now before anyone bashes or supports the above ... of course its self serving. A good economy (more black jobs!! unemployment down!! Stocks at alltime high!!) He can no longer point to a good economy (which was already on the rise under Obama he just rode the wave ...but he still gets credit for riding it well) as too why he desrves another 4 years. he now has to fix it.

Now he has to face this issue and corona and handle it welll despite his bungling and dismissals early on ... only the die-hardss like Dale will remain steadfast if the country hits the toilet ...so lets not forget the mistakes he has made, he is 100% accountaable for those. But as a non party loyaist if he can right this anic and avoid the iceberg ... I might vote for the man its not like the Democrats (who i normally support) have provided a no-brainer candidate for us to rally around. Last election, i wanted anyone but Trump but that ship has sailed. HE won ...NOw i need the person best suited to fix the economy even more than i need a less divisive leader who attacks the media deflects to Obama and lies constantly.

My vote will go the democrat or repubican who can outline a realistic strategy to get the country back on track mo matter if he is red or blue ...
    I will be watching the man closely the next few months...and I'm not buying the democrats are sneaking crap in to my bills BS excuses either. Trump has a chance to rise up and be greatin the face of a crisis ...lets see if he has it in him to put the country over his ego.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're going to give him another chance after his failure that's costing tens of thousands of American lives?

This is insanity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Army warned Trump administration on Feb. 3 that up to 150,000 Americans could die from COVID-19

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/arm...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're going to give him another chance after his failure that's costing tens of thousands of American lives?

This is insanity.
    there's a chance it can kill millions.

Trump supporters would rather see millions die than admit they're wrong.

Thread Information