Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100 million N95 masks got used up out of the US emergency stockpile with the swine flu and never got reordered.
    Trash had 3 years to correct any deficiencies, that he could also have hit Obama with.

Trash did nothing AND made everything worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The talking point that's going to be hit hard is Dennison was too distracted by impeachment to be a competent leader.
    lol

Trump was acquitted on Feb. 5, emergency COVID-19 declaration was made on March 13.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    plenty of blame to go around. Swine Flu was 2009.
    Obama's watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't blame everything on the President. He probably assumed the people in charge of that stuff had reordered. If they requested funds to resupply masks and Congress didn't appropriate the funds, that's another story.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Trash was presented by the pandemic team's list of grave preparedness deficiencies based on their decades long exercises, simulation of pandemic response, Trash disbanded the effort AND ignored their report.

A couple months later, covid-19 arrives, and STILL Trash did nothing for six weeks, instead mislead his cult mob into a death cult mentality.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plenty of blame to go around. Swine Flu was 2009.
    It's 2020.

Trump has been president since 2017.

The buck stops with him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how did Obama and his team botch the 2009 swine flu? blame them for what, EXACTLY

the bull lie of both sidesism is all you Repugs have as "defense" of your boy Trash
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-31-2020 at 01:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how did Obama and his team botch the 2009 swine flu? blame them for what, EXACTLY
    off boukaki. I didn't blame Obama. that's as stupid as blaming Trump for Covid19. Congress appropriates funds for purchases like that.

I can't blame everything on the President. He probably assumed the people in charge of that stuff had reordered. If they requested funds to resupply masks and Congress didn't appropriate the funds, that's another story.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 03-31-2020 at 01:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Ryan Cooper article slams Cuomo, praises Inslee.

https://theweek.com/articles-amp/905...hip-looks-like

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

the bull lie of both sidesism is all you Repugs have as "defense" of your boy Trash
    It was good enough for you, it's good enough for us.

You can dish it. You just can't take it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This Ryan Cooper article slams Cuomo, praises Inslee.

https://theweek.com/articles-amp/905...hip-looks-like
    Cuomo has over 1200 dead Americans on his ledger. Sugar coating it every morning with a Give-a-Show Projector presentation doesn't change that 1200+ dead count.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    off boukaki. I didn't blame Obama. that's as stupid as blaming Trump for Covid19. Congress appropriates funds for purchases like that.
    C'mon, CC, let's wait for bouts in your truck tonite. We'll play 2 handed Canasta & eat pistachios. We'll settle his in' hash then finish our game & pistachios, then watch the homeless rut.

We'll have a grand time!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuomo has over 1200 dead Americans on his ledger. Sugar coating it every morning with a Give-a-Show Projector presentation doesn't change that 1200+ dead count.
    Oh it's just burning you up how good my Cuomo is giving it to ya on a daily basis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Pandemic Expert Tells Us Why She Was So Wrong About Coronavirus

'I just assumed that the US system would be a little bit better...and I just couldn't have been more wrong.'

Theresa MacPhail, a medical anthropologist, Assistant Professor at Stevens Ins ute of Technology, and author of the book The Viral Network: A Pathology of the H1N1 Influenza Pandemic.

In late February, she spoke optimistically with me about America’s ability to handle the coming Covid-19 outbreak. In early March, she got sick with what she believes to be Covid-19.

She reached out to me recently, insisting to go on the record again to say that

she was wrong, and that

she put too much faith in the CDC and America’s ability to manage the crisis.

I feel guilty. I feel like I should have known better.

assumed that the US system would be a little bit better,

would be a little bit more robust and

do more testing and containment

than China was able to do, and

I just couldn't have been more wrong.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v..._daily_1023202

only 100K dead? Trash will be triumphant!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Pandemic Expert Tells Us Why She Was So Wrong About Coronavirus

'I just assumed that the US system would be a little bit better...and I just couldn't have been more wrong.'

Theresa MacPhail, a medical anthropologist, Assistant Professor at Stevens Ins ute of Technology, and author of the book The Viral Network: A Pathology of the H1N1 Influenza Pandemic.

In late February, she spoke optimistically with me about America’s ability to handle the coming Covid-19 outbreak. In early March, she got sick with what she believes to be Covid-19.

She reached out to me recently, insisting to go on the record again to say that

she was wrong, and that

she put too much faith in the CDC and America’s ability to manage the crisis.

I feel guilty. I feel like I should have known better.

assumed that the US system would be a little bit better,

would be a little bit more robust and

do more testing and containment

than China was able to do, and

I just couldn't have been more wrong.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v..._daily_1023202

only 100K dead? Trash will be triumphant!
    I was wrong to believe people in the leadership of this administration would actually give a and start acting like adults at some point. It's been all politics and magical thinking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wrong to believe people in the leadership of this administration would actually give a and start acting like adults at some point. It's been all politics and magical thinking.
    It's decades-old strategy, first announced by St Ronnie the Diseased

"Govt isn't the solution. Govt is the problem"

Then the President of the USA formalized Capital's War on Labor by firing 10Ks of govt employees

Trash's administration is not an anomoaly, it's 100% coherent with the oligarchy/Repug strategy of destroying govt For The People, while operating govt exclusively for the oligarchy.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-31-2020 at 02:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald J. Trump Retweeted

CHIZ Flag of United States
    @CHIZMAGA
    ·
    Mar 30
    Donald Trump donated his salary to fight the virus, Nancy Pelosi asked for a raise.

This is all you really need to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you really think the overall response would have been much better under a democratic leadership?

I dont

not ready means not ready

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you really think the overall response would have been much better under a democratic leadership?
    I think literally anyone other than Dennison would've handled this crisis better and the US would've been more prepared.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think literally anyone other than Dennison would've handled this crisis better and the US would've been more prepared.
    Horse .

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just think, if Obama was still president instead of trump we'd all be watching basketball right now and eagerly awaiting the Masters.

My favorite time of year.

Instead, ignored the crisis and we had to cancel everything. Great going s.
    We were headed for that outcome (cancelled sports seasons, quarantines, etc) regardless of who was in office. It was never a question of if the virus would us, it was a question of how badly. And when looking at it in those terms, we definitely have the worst possible leader. John Oliver said it best, “It was always going to be hard, but it didn’t have to be this hard.”

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I agree, it could be worse than Donald, it could be Don Jr.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry to be abrupt like that, Dumps.

You're hitting him politically, but, I can't promise if it were Hillary I wouldn't be doing likewise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, Trump will go down in history as a failed president. This seals it. No other president would've done worse. You may never accept it, but that's how it's going to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trash had 3 years to correct any deficiencies, that he could also have hit Obama with.

Trash did nothing AND made everything worse.

Agree. Trump had 3 years to fix it. Obama had 6 years to fix it. General incompetence in pandemic preparation from both sides.

Thread Information