Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1644
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    206,000 dead americans due to the criminal negligence of the tax-dodging traitor

this has to be bumped

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    206,000 dead americans due to the criminal negligence of the tax-dodging traitor

this has to be bumped
    209,000+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the new do entary, Totally Under Control

When Max Kennedy Jr. volunteered to help out on Jared Kushner's White House COVID-19 Supply Chain Task Force, he thought he'd be helping out senior staff with rote tasks like data entry.

"My old boss called me and said he heard Kushner's task force needed younger volunteers who had general skills and were willing to work seven days a week for no money," Kennedy, now 27, said in the forthcoming do entary about the Trump team's coronavirus response, "Totally Under Control." The film, which was made in secret over the past five months, is slated for on-demand release on October 13.

Official poster for "Totally Under Control."

Despite his "apprehension" about working for the Trump administration, Kennedy volunteered because he felt like it was the right thing to do, he said.
    So Kennedy traveled to Washington, DC, and showed up at the headquarters of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Once there, he said volunteers were led to Conference Room A, a windowless underground meeting space. TVs covered the walls, all blaring Fox News.

After they sat down, Kennedy said representatives from FEMA and the military came in and gave them a "pep talk." The officials told volunteers they needed to procure "the stuff" for the US government — Kennedy said they were referring to personal protective equipment, or PPE.

Then the officials left, leaving Kennedy and the other volunteers. Slowly, they realized what was happening.

"We thought we'd be auxiliary support for an existing procurement team," Kennedy, who is the grandson of Robert F. Kennedy, said in the film. "Instead, we were the team."
    Kennedy said he and a dozen inexperienced volunteers had become a core component of the US government's efforts to procure PPE.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/docu...rce-2020-10-07

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the rest of March and well into April, Kennedy sat in Conference Room A with the other volunteers, whom he said had no experience in supply chains or medical issues. With very little direction, the team members opened up their personal laptops and got to work, Kennedy said.

"We started cold emailing people we knew who had business relationships in China, looking for factories online, and emailing them from our personal Gmail accounts," Kennedy said in the film.

The group was also told to prioritize leads from "VIPs," which mostly consisted of well-connected and wealthy Trump supporters, BuzzFeed News and The New York Times previously reported. The task force kept track of such leads in a spreadsheet called "VIP Updates."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (sorry for the extensive pull quotes, it's kind of mind-blowing)

Buying PPE without any experience or advice turned out to be difficult, largely because Kennedy said he and the other volunteers had no idea how procurement worked, and nobody would tell them.

"We would call factories and say, 'We think the federal government can send you a check in 60 days,' and they would say, 'There's someone with a briefcase of cash, and they're offering to pay me right now,'" he said in the film. "And we would run around the FEMA building looking for someone who could tell us what payment terms the government was allowed to offer, and no one ever told us."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In my time on the task force, our team did not directly purchase a single mask," he said in the film.

Kushner's program was mostly shut down in May, even though state governments and healthcare facilities were still experiencing critical shortages of PPE and ventilators.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maximal morbidity and mass death is Trump's plan for us. It was always the plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow.

Seriously, that is some ed up .

I thought I had lost the capacity to be surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maximal morbidity and mass death is Trump's plan for us. It was always the plan.

Any of you trump humpers attending Trump's COVID tour this evening....I hear its BYOC (bring your own casket)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow.

Seriously, that is some ed up .

I thought I had lost the capacity to be surprised.
    Just another day ending in "Y".

Jaded s here do not care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of you trump humpers attending Trump's COVID tour this evening....I hear its BYOC (bring your own casket)
    Trump said Mexico will pay for those caskets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Trump administration seems to be pinning its hopes on "herd immunity" based on some junk pseudoscience.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/19/o...-immunity.html

Mr. Barry is the author of “The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History.”

No matter their politics, people nearly always listen to those who say what they want to hear.

Hence, it is no surprise that the White House and several governors are now paying close attention to the “Great Barrington Declaration,” a proposal written by a group of well-credentialed scientists who want to shift Covid-19 policy toward achieving herd immunity — the point at which enough people have become immune to the virus that its spread becomes unlikely.

They would do this by allowing “those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally.” This, they say, will allow people “to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.”

These academics are clearly a distinct minority. Most of their public health colleagues have condemned their proposal as unworkable and unethical — even as amounting to “mass murder,” as William Haseltine, a former Harvard Medical School professor who now heads a global health foundation, put it to CNN last week.

But who is right?

The signers of the declaration do have a point. Restrictions designed to limit deaths cause real harm, including, but by no means limited to, stress on the economy, increases in domestic violence and drug abuse, declines in tests that screen for cancer and on and on. Those living alone suffer real pain from isolation, and the young have every reason to feel bitter over the loss of substantive education and what should have been memories of a high school prom or the bonding friendships that form in a college dorm at 2 a.m. or on an athletic team or in some other endeavor.

So the idea of returning to something akin to normal — releasing everyone from a kind of jail — is attractive, even seductive. It becomes less seductive when one examines three enormously important omissions in the declaration.

First, it makes no mention of harm to infected people in low-risk groups, yet many people recover very slowly. More serious, a significant number, including those with no symptoms, suffer damage to their heart and lungs. One recent study of 100 recovered adults found that 78 of them showed signs of heart damage. We have no idea whether this damage will cut years from their lives or affect their quality of life.

Second, it says little about how to protect the vulnerable. One can keep a child from visiting a grandparent in another city easily enough, but what happens when the child and grandparent live in the same household? And how do you protect a 25-year-old diabetic, or cancer survivor, or obese person, or anyone else with a comorbidity who needs to go to work every day? Upon closer examination, the “focused protection” that the declaration urges devolves into a kind of three-card monte; one can’t pin it down.

Third, the declaration omits mention of how many people the policy would kill. It’s a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House chief of staff Mark Meadows: 'We are not going to control the pandemic'
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ic/ar-BB1anoIf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House science office takes credit for 'ending' pandemic as infections mount
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...andemic-432827

Wow.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think the financial carnage has only begun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the financial carnage has only begun.
    White House chief of staff Mark Meadows: 'We are not going to control the pandemic'
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ic/ar-BB1anoIf
    Pretty clear cause. No stimulus because the GOP had other priorities, no COVID strategy because it hurts Trumps fee fees, and you get an unsurprising e.

It will get worse as the case/death counts climb. the GOP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those cultists in the crowd who will be sacrificed for dear leader: "yay!"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    227,000 dead americans -

and dear leader on a "death cult super-spreader tour"

CULTISTS: "this seems perfectly normal"

(yes it is - if trump is working for Russia)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the US/Canada border is visible on this COVID map

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez, you can hear him sigh at the beginning when he gets this question and realizes he has to polish that turd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two week check in:

US Sets Another Single-Day Record for New COVID-19 Cases
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...surge/2716828/

Yup.

Still bungling.

Thread Information