My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus kinda all over my Pop retiring this year prediction so I will say that next year is the last year for Pop. Kind of fitting since DeRozan, Gay, and LMA contracts all end at the same time. Pop really wants to coach the Olympics so I say he sticks around til 21 to do so.

Becky Hammond leaves the Spurs

Manu or Tony replaces her

Forbes gets a 3 year deal and remains starting for all of next season

Poetl gets let go

We draft another point guard: the German kid, Hayes I think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I also think Pop stays with the current situation going on. Being quarantined alone in his house, he'll probably realize that's more or less the life that's awaiting him once he's hung it up, so he'll want to hold on as long as possible. Sucks because it's apparent that the Spurs, especially the young players, could do with a change of personnel at every level.

Hopeful prediction: we trade DD and LMA. Forbes gets a contract. We let go of Marco, keep Patty (obviously), trade Rudy, keep Jakob, take back some salary with picks from other teams and embrace the tank next season. Maybe Pop steps down at the half season or starts giving more of a prominent role to one of Becky or Tim.

Realistic prediction: we keep one of DD and LMA, Forbes gets a contract, we don't find a replacement 4 and keep relying on Rudy, we shed Marco but lose Jakob to a high-bidding team in need of defense at the 5, and try to make another push for it next season, perhaps even making a trade for a good player at the cost of one of our young players. Pop stays until 2021 and there's no clear second-in-command either, just like this season.

Worst-case prediction: we keep both of DD and LMA, Forbes gets a contract, we resign Marco for the vet leadership and start Rudy at the 4, and the Spurs fully try to "bring it back" to even worse results. Becky leaves for the Knicks or w/e and Tim decides coaching isn't his gig, forcing the Spurs to hire that awful baldy who's a friend of RC or whoever.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Us fans, pretty much the entire world and the Spurs themselves will still be much more interested in what's going to happen with this Covid-19 virus than the Spurs offseason. But if a miracle happens and this Coronavirus has a true vaccine or mysteriously disappears, my prediction would go as follows:

1. DDR is no longer a Spur.
    2. Forbes is resigned at a lower rate than
    most fans think (3yr - 20k) with the plan to
    become a major piece of the bench unit.
    3. Jakob is resigned and will start at the 5.
    4. LMA is featured as a stretch 4 alongside
    Defensive stopper Blockob Poeltl.
    5. DJM will prepare himself to become All
    Defensive 1st team and a borderline star.
    6. Patty is included in a trade alongside Gay
    for an incoming starting caliber SF.
    7. Front Office prepares to play a lineup of:

DJM, LW4, free agent SF, LMA, Poeltl

White, Forbes, KJ, Metu, Lyles

QW, Beli, Luka, Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are running it back.Same team/coach plus last seasons rookies and our new '20 rookie. 8th seed here we come! Oh and the derozan/forbes exstensions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don’t resign Forbes, Marco and Poetl, what’s the maximum amount of money we’d have to go after a free agent?

I’d love it if the FO would go after Montrezl Harrell. Him and LMA style of play would complement each other pretty well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR leaves via Opt Out Free Agency
    Forbes leaves via Free Agency
    Bellini & Gay leaves via Trade for T. Prince
    Marc Gasol comes via Free Agency
    Small Forward comes via 1st RD Draft Pick

Subtraction: DDR, Forbes, Gay, Bellini
    Addition: Marc G, T. Prince, 1st RD SF

2020-2021 ROSTER BELOW

DJM, LW4, Prince, LMA, Marc G.
    White, Patty, KJ, Lyles, Jakob
    QW, Open, 1st Rd SF, Luka, Eubanks
    2way Contract: 2nd Rd Pick & Metu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky becomes HC of the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and Beli leave
    Poeltl gets re-signed for peanuts
    DDR is traded
    Spurs keep LaMarcus
    Pick Up Lyles and Metu's player options

Murray, Mills
    White, FA/ 1st round pick
    Walker, KJ
    Lyles, Gay, Samanic
    LMA, Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don’t resign Forbes, Marco and Poetl, what’s the maximum amount of money we’d have to go after a free agent?

I’d love it if the FO would go after Montrezl Harrell. Him and LMA style of play would complement each other pretty well.
    I'd rather they offer a QA to Poeltl and play hardball. With the cap reduction, and most teams already having centers, the Spurs could retain him for something crazy cheap like 4 years, $25 million. He's a starting caliber center and could be making around $ 6 million for the next four seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather they offer a QA to Poeltl and play hardball. With the cap reduction, and most teams already having centers, the Spurs could retain him for something crazy cheap like 4 years, $25 million. He's a starting caliber center and could be making around $ 6 million for the next four seasons.
    So if we don’t sign Forbes, Marco or Poetl all we have to offer a free agent is $6M/yr? That seems low

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if we don’t sign Forbes, Marco or Poetl all we have to offer a free agent is $6M/yr? That seems low
    According to basketball insiders, it's $25 million but that's if DDR opts out- which he's unlikely to do.

Also, Forbes (the site, not Bryn) projects that the cap could be reduced by $8-$15 million depending on if the remaining season is cancelled.

Spurs probably wouldn't be able to make a big offer to a player like Harrell. Also prefer that they don't, I like Poeltl better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Salary cap was about $109M last year. Spurs salaries were at 123M. The salaries you propose to drop are 12.5M. The answer to your question is zero. Zero cap room for dropping from considerably over the cap to barely over the cap, the operative phrase being OVER THE CAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No. Zero. Zero cap room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salary cap was about $109M last year. Spurs salaries were at 123M. The salaries you propose to drop are 12.5M. The answer to your question is zero. Zero cap room for dropping from considerably over the cap to barely over the cap, the operative phrase being OVER THE CAP.
    Thanks for the info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to basketball insiders, it's $25 million but that's if DDR opts out- which he's unlikely to do.

Also, Forbes (the site, not Bryn) projects that the cap could be reduced by $8-$15 million depending on if the remaining season is cancelled.

Spurs probably wouldn't be able to make a big offer to a player like Harrell. Also prefer that they don't, I like Poeltl better.
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if this season is dropped and part of next season will that do anything to the salaries and cap rules?

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade Derozan and Metu to Knicks For Bobby Portis and Wayne Ellington and a 2nd rd pick after Knicks guarantee their contract.
    Spurs let Bellineli, Lyles, Forbes walk
    Spurs cut Ellington
    Spurs sign Poeltl 4 years 32 mil
    Spurs trade Gay and that Knicks 2nd to ATL for Dedmon. Spurs flip Dedmon during season for late first, early 2nd round pick
    Spurs try everything they can to get Bertans back but can’t
    Spurs trade 11th pick to Celtics for pick 17, 26, and 2021 2nd rd pick
    Spurs select BPA Aleksej Pokusevski with pick 17 and keep him in the G league
    Spurs think about taking Jaden Mcdaniels with pick 26 (T. Terry) but trade the pick with the Pacers for next years first, lottery protected. Pick unprotected the following year
    Spurs trade up 2 spots in the 2nd round by using next years 2nd to select steal of draft Jordan Nwora

Starters:
    Murray
    Walker
    Johnson
    Portis/ Samanic
    Aldridge

Bench:
    Mills
    White
    Nwora
    Pokusevski
    Poeltl

Dedmon
    Witherspoon
    Eubanks/ Undrafted FA

2021 picks: 18th pick, 20th pick (Pacers), two 2nd rd picks
    Spurs target Jalen Johnson, Brandon Boston, Jalen Suggs and Josh Christopher, Center of the future, BPA in 2021
    Last edited by keithington1; 06-08-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bold prediction: James Wiseman will be a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop n Patty along with Bryn Foms remain the Big 3 core of the post Kawhi era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Granted his GF is the sister of Andre Roberson who is from SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first major domino is DDR and his option. Everything hinges on that first.

I really hope Bryn and Marco are gone. I am fine keeping Jakob but only for a reasonable price 5-7M per year 3-4 years.

Hopefully they trade DDR if he does not decline his PO. I would be trying to trade LMA and Rudy too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first major domino is DDR and his option. Everything hinges on that first.

I really hope Bryn and Marco are gone. I am fine keeping Jakob but only for a reasonable price 5-7M per year 3-4 years.

Hopefully they trade DDR if he does not decline his PO. I would be trying to trade LMA and Rudy too.
    Agreed to all

Thread Information