Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think everything should be open April 1st and resume business as usual.

If ya get it, ya get it. End of story.
    some states will be getting apex on that date

at least a month after that

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some states will be getting apex on that date

at least a month after that
    Fine. Let it spread thru 90% of the population, and then the "national crisis" will be over as all the survivors (i.e., 98% of those 90%) will have permanent immunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You won't get permanent immunity. You might get some immunity to this strand, but until there's a vaccine, you won't substantially reduce it's impact.

Plus, the issue is with collapsing hospitals. It's not only COVID deaths, it's the deaths of people that come in and need emergency care and you can't help them.

It's just strange this administration and Republicans in general would be keen to support this, as they're very likely the most affected with old people dying and body counts increasing going into an election.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You won't get permanent immunity. You might get some immunity to this strand, but until there's a vaccine, you won't substantially reduce it's impact.

Plus, the issue is with collapsing hospitals. It's not only COVID deaths, it's the deaths of people that come in and need emergency care and you can't help them.

It's just strange this administration and Republicans in general would be keen to support this, as they're very likely the most affected with old people dying and body counts increasing going into an election.
    We just need to nurse this long enough to occupy Cuomo,,,keep him away from the nomination.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Barring anything major they got the SC for 30 years and they got the rural electorate to fall back on who they believe has been relatively isolated, but that just may be a testing issue. They have the formula lose to the dems, hamstring gov, blame dems for ty gov. Get elected, rinse repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

its not proven whether you get immunity or not

most likely the 2nd time you get it will be less severe

remember no human body has experienced this virus thats why its so brutal

but once body knows this virus it will know immediately, recognize it and fight it

of course theres possibility of further mutation or anti viral resistance then RIP us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not proven whether you get immunity or not

most likely the 2nd time you get it will be less severe

remember no human body has experienced this virus thats why its so brutal

but once body knows this virus it will know immediately, recognize it and fight it

of course theres possibility of further mutation or anti viral resistance then RIP us
    Yeah, that's what I mean by some immunity to this strand. Much like the flu, every year you get some mutated version, and the vaccine helps a lot, but not always covers all strands.

And I agree with the fact that once the body fought it it's more familiar with it. That said, vaccination reduces mortality rate by a lot.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets get Kuchner on this...

Where is the SixthPence ? Does he not have special powers...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's what I mean by some immunity to this strand. Much like the flu, every year you get some mutated version, and the vaccine helps a lot, but not always covers all strands.

And I agree with the fact that once the body fought it it's more familiar with it. That said, vaccination reduces mortality rate by a lot.
    Either way it's a relatively mild as far as viruses go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No its not.

The viruses that cause colds have got it right from an evolutionary stand point.
    They dont kill their hosts, and spread very efficiently. The cold viruses will always be with us.
    Cold viruses infect more people than any other transmissible virus that causes symptoms we can spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not without a vaccine, no.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not without a vaccine, no.
    Even without by the numbers so far.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No its not.

The viruses that cause colds have got it right from an evolutionary stand point.
    They dont kill their hosts, and spread very efficiently. The cold viruses will always be with us.
    Cold viruses infect more people than any other transmissible virus that causes symptoms we can spot.
    And I could give examples of much deadlier viruses. Hence the term "relatively mild," Cuck Garden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I could give examples of much deadlier viruses. Hence the term "relatively mild," Cuck Garden.
    Again fathead.
    Cold viruses infect more people than any other virus and its not even close.
    In fact its more than all of the other viruses combined.

Is this clear now incel boy?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again fathead.
    Cold viruses infect more people than any other virus and its not even close.
    In fact its more than all of the other viruses combined.

Is this clear now incel boy?
    Wow. You don't get that we're talking severity and not rates.

You should take a break, cuck garden.

Also, that if we are now talking rates, then you're now arguing for what I said in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ahhh no.

There are thousands of viruses that cause all kind of symptoms that are not life threatening.
    Cold viruses come in a large variety causing similar mild symptoms.
    Wtf is wrong with your tiny head?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ahhh no.

There are thousands of viruses that cause all kind of symptoms that are not life threatening.
    Cold viruses come in a large variety causing similar mild symptoms.
    Wtf is wrong with your tiny head?
    Relatively mild doesn't mean a positioning in ranks, bruh. There are much deadlier viruses out there.

The grudge posting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relatively mild doesn't mean a positioning in ranks, bruh. There are much deadlier viruses out there.

The grudge posting.
    There are by far a larger number of different types of viruses that cause milder symptoms.
    I dont know how many ways there are to say this.

If you said we spend more time and money researching the viruses that are life threatening for humans I would say yes.
    If you said the public is more familiar with deadly viruses I would say yes.
    Viruses cause warts, skin flaking, on and on ...
    We have viral sequences in our DNA that is replicated right along with our "human" DNA and has been for thousands of years with no harm done.

Would you rather I lie to you about what the current state of viral research says?
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-29-2020 at 11:35 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are by far a larger number of different types of viruses that cause milder symptoms.
    I dont know how many ways there are to say this.

If you said we spend more time and money researching the viruses that are life threatening for humans I would say yes.
    If I said the public is more familiar with deadly viruses I would say yes.
    Viruses cause warts, skin flaking, on and on ...
    We have viral sequences in our DNA that is replicated right along with our "human" DNA and has been for thousands of years with no harm done.

Would you rather I lie to you about what the current state of viral research says?
    Contextually, I believe it should've been apparent I was especially regarding the "deadly" viruses and not rhinovirus strains. But even including them and the like, relatively mild was still an apt description. You need to get a hold of your grudge posting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No its not contextually apparent.
    Go to sleep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But even including them and the like, relatively mild was still an apt description.
    Get some sleep, Cuck Garden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even without by the numbers so far.
    'so far' is just about right, this is just getting started. Hey, hope you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But even including them and the like, relatively mild was still an apt description.

You never posted the above to be able to quote it until after you came with your contextual crap.

You are as disingenuous as they come on this board.
    Honest to God people have no shame.

And you have the gall in another thread to uphold Christian values (which I happen to think are noble and worthwhile)
    You are a total piece of .
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-30-2020 at 12:04 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'so far' is just about right, this is just getting started. Hey, hope you're right.
    Well, even if the crazies are somehow rate and those infection rates are astronomical, the fatality rate among young healthy people is next to nothing.

Thread Information