My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as the need for physicians has increased, each year many qualified medical school seniors fail to acquire a residency position in a hospital, a requirement for beginning a practice. The number of medical school graduates is increasing faster than the number of residency slots, thanks in part to a cap on federal funding for residency programs that has been in place for over 20 years. Without securing a residency, medical school graduates cannot go on to become physicians. Some find themselves in their mid-20s with hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt after eight years of higher education, earning a living driving for car services or as baristas.

The limited supply of residency positions could eventually lead to a physician shortage in the U.S., authorities warn.

The COVID-19 pandemic “is really shining a very bright light on this deficiency that’s been present for far too long,” Dr. Monya De, an internist in Los Angeles, told Yahoo News.

A 2019 report by the Association of American Medical Colleges projected that the demand for physicians will grow faster than supply, leading to a total shortfall of up to 121,900 physicians by 2032.

“No matter how much ground we make up in terms of increasing the number of medical students — which we have done over the last 15 years — if you don’t increase the number of residency positions, those students cannot go on and practice independently and take care of you, me, our neighbors and our families,” Dr. Atul Grover, executive vice president of the AAMC, told Yahoo News. “Creating more residency slots is only one part of a multipronged solution that we need to address the physician shortage, but it’s an important one.”

https://news.yahoo.com/the-coronavir...194905748.html

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, Corona will kill that problem. We're gonna have (healthcare) comin' outta our asses after this is over. They're gonna be stupid with $ & "ventilators." They're gonna get straightened out.

Prices, once everything calms down will go sky in'high, but, MSM will cover that up till the coast becomes clear then MSM will blast hair all over them walls,,,gleefully reporting how PRICES have gone sky in'high.

See how that works, RG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Corona will kill that problem. We're gonna have (healthcare) comin' outta our asses after this is over. They're gonna be stupid with $ & "ventilators." They're gonna get straightened out.

Prices, once everything calms down will go sky in'high, but, MSM will cover that up till the coast becomes clear then MSM will blast hair all over them walls,,,gleefully reporting how PRICES have gone sky in'high.

See how that works, RG?
    Only problem with that is 25% of licensed physicians are over 60 and they’ll be dropping like flies.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only problem with that is 25% of licensed physicians are over 60 and they’ll be dropping like flies.
    ..."A big reason why healthcare costs have gone sky in'high...AND why they're going to go even more sky in'high." - MSM

In other words, the old proverbial...NO END IN SIGHT. MSM loves that catch phrase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

See how that works, RG?
    Blah blah blah MSM blah blah, MSM blah, argle bargle.

That is what I see here.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blah blah blah MSM blah blah, MSM blah, argle bargle.

That is what I see here.
    Do I about your ying, your yang? No. I argue it, but, I don't cast you down with the sodomites over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do I about your ying, your yang? No. I argue it, but, I don't cast you down with the sodomites over it.
    Dude, I re-read your post about 3 times. Still not sure what you are trying to say, I gave up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's centuries old "guild" problem where the guild limits entrants to the guild to protect guild members income

In March 1997, months before the Balanced Budget Act was enacted,

the AMA even suggested reducing the number of US residency positions by approximately 25% from 25,000 to fewer than 19,000.

“The United States is on the verge of a serious oversupply of physicians,” of course.

"the US is now
    forecasted to experience

a shortage of 46,900 to 121,900 physicians by 2032.

Absent a meaningful response from Congress, it will be doctors—particularly residents—and their patients who pay the price.

American medicine is already experiencing a
    devastating crisis within its workforce.

In a recent
    Medscape survey,

44% of American physicians reported feeling burned out,

15% reported feeling depressed, and

14% reported thoughts of suicide.

Between 300 and 400 doctors
    kill themselves every year,

a rate more than double that of the general population.

Burned out physicians are
    more likely to suffer from anxiety, depression, and exhaustion.

https://qz.com/1676207/the-us-is-on-the-verge-of-a-devastating-doctor-shortage/

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-29-2020 at 04:21 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude, I re-read your post about 3 times. Still not sure what you are trying to say, I gave up.
    (Media) & figuring them, crabbing about them is my thing, my ying, my yang.

Crushing the old man in a million different ways is your thing, your ying, your yang.

You don't engage me on my ying, you just toss me aside.
    I engage you on your ying, I argue for the old man, I entertain your thing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it's centuries "guild" problem where the guild limits entrants to the guild to protect guild members income

In March 1997, months before the Balanced Budget Act was enacted,

the AMA even suggested reducing the number of US residency positions by approximately 25% from 25,000 to fewer than 19,000.

“The United States is on the verge of a serious oversupply of physicians,” of course.

"the US is now
    forecasted to experience

a shortage of 46,900 to 121,900 physicians by 2032.

Absent a meaningful response from Congress, it will be doctors—particularly residents—and their patients who pay the price.

American medicine is already experiencing a
    devastating crisis within its workforce.

In a recent
    Medscape survey,

44% of American physicians reported feeling burned out,

15% reported feeling depressed, and

14% reported thoughts of suicide.

Between 300 and 400 doctors
    kill themselves every year,

a rate more than double that of the general population.

Burned out physicians are
    more likely to suffer from anxiety, depression, and exhaustion.

https://qz.com/1676207/the-us-is-on-the-verge-of-a-devastating-doctor-shortage/

That's all going to addressed and taken care of now...now and once Corona is neutralized. Doctors & healthcare workers, et al will be straightened out, feted, canonized, rectified monetarily & put upon a pedestal from once they occupied, but, had been downgraded thru the decades. We'll be crawling with 'em and they'll be paid handsomely. We're gonna drag out those (TRILLIONS) one after another in next gaggle of months.

& besides criticizing Trump non-stop they're also ing for that almighty buck, a place at this new, available trough. There is a place there for THEM. And they ain't gonna miss it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Media) & figuring them, crabbing about them is my thing, my ying, my yang.

Crushing the old man in a million different ways is your thing, your ying, your yang.

You don't engage me on my ying, you just toss me aside.
    I engage you on your ying, I argue for the old man, I entertain your thing.
    That, I think I understood.

Thread Information