My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes he's rich AF but still it's a great gesture. He seems to be very self aware. Woke.

For direct research for a virus cure. Also helping out venders and employees.

© Provided by Yahoo! Sports Steve Ballmer resisted talking numbers, but offered up some estimates when pressed by Bloomberg.
    Los Angeles Clippers owner Steve Ballmer discussed the issue in a recent interview with Bloomberg, estimating his team’s losses will be in the tens of millions of dollars for this season.
    Ballmer hesitated to answer a direct question about his losses, instead focusing on the plight of the vendors and employees affected by the stoppage.
    ‘I’ve been very fortunate in life’
    “We’re fortunate,” Ballmer told Bloomberg. “We’re deep-pocketed. We’re trying to take care of your smaller vendors. ... I’ve been very fortunate in life. I want to make sure we help take care of not only our own employees, but the population we can.”

Ballmer’s $25M pledge
    Ballmer on Friday announced a $25 million pledge to help stem the affects of COVID-19, with $10 million earmarked for University of Washington efforts to find a vaccine. The rest of the pledge will go to local efforts in Seattle, Los Angeles and Southeast Michigan.
    Ballmer was born in Detroit, amassed his fortune in Seattle with Microsoft and now owns the Clippers in Los Angeles.
    Ballmer finally talks numbers
    When pressed by Bloomberg, Ballmer finally offered up some estimates regarding potential losses..
    “It'll be eight digits, how’s that?" he said. “Now you've got to start with what we were either going to make or lose before the season started, but net, it'll certainly be an eight-digit loss for us.” end article.

I wish all the richies could combine and give the globe one focused, kick ass study.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sterling would be dropping that kind of money to hush mistresses, tbh...

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk why the Clippers aren't in Seattle already. L.A. is, and always will be, Lakerville.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tax write-off that'll be funnelled to his benefactors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grateful for all donations.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Idk why the Clippers aren't in Seattle already. L.A. is, and always will be, Lakerville.
    Because the Spurs are moving to SeattlePERIOD

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Spurs are moving to SeattlePERIOD
    They deserve it more than Fat Antonio for sure, but they deserve better than Demar De got. I guess that's what they deserve though when they cheered Timmy's injury back in '05 and booed when he popped right back up and kicked their ass.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Good gesture....

Thread Information